PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK Tivo Patsfans

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriskanos

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Riddle me this.... Before Addai exploited horrible tackling for his 70 yarder. The Colts had taken a timeout after a first down. Problem is I and the announcers where miffed at this because it appeared that Addai was atleast 2 yards short of a first down. The announcers predictably let it slide, as they orgasmed over the ensuing play. But I just cant, What the Hell happened? Please clear this up for me.

p.s. Lets all boycott Tomase he is sickening and snarky.

Someone I was watching the game pointed this out as well. I'm going back to that right now on my DVR and will explain what I see if someone doesn't get to if first.

Another play where the refs ****ed up. The line judge literally ran in a diagonal, instead of a straight line, giving the Colts one and half extra yards to just squeak a first down.

Here's what the play by play says:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20071104011&page=plays
1st-10, IND2 1:46 J. Addai rushed to the right for 7 yard gain
2nd-3, IND9 1:20 J. Addai rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

The issue is that the Colts started at the half yard line and not at the two yard line as stated above. The yellow first down marker on TV should not have been on the 12.

Addai's 2nd rush forward progress got to the 10.5 yard line so it was indeed a first down (though just barely).

In this case it was a case of bad TV production and not officiating.

Riddle me this.... Before Addai exploited horrible tackling for his 70 yarder. The Colts had taken a timeout after a first down. Problem is I and the announcers where miffed at this because it appeared that Addai was atleast 2 yards short of a first down. The announcers predictably let it slide, as they orgasmed over the ensuing play. But I just cant, What the Hell happened? Please clear this up for me.

p.s. Lets all boycott Tomase he is sickening and snarky.

I think the yellow line was at the wrong spot by about a yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back