PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, so if Neal and Ross are back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
How do you project this affects the O-Line?

What do guess will be the next shuffle in the way the players line up?

I assume since they start practicing today, neither one is headed for IR unless they aggravate an injury. That means cuts.

Connelly would be in the most jeopardy, then Britt. But injuries may change the picture before they get activated.

I assume Neal wins back his starting job at RG. I think LeVoir has the inside track for RT, we'll see what happens.

Connelly would be in the most jeopardy, then Britt. But injuries may change the picture before they get activated.

I assume Neal wins back his starting job at RG. I think LeVoir has the inside track for RT, we'll see what happens.

Kaczur looked pretty rough, he'll likely be out for Denver (guessing - I expect free Pepsi if I'm right) so we should get a good look at Levoir. Certainly looks good out there.

Two cuts assumes that Ross makes the squad. It shouldn't be that hard though. :rolleyes:

someone needs to rip this o line a new one

maybe neal can do it when he returns,
but their troubles are unacceptable...

Cassel is starting for the first time since college, his troubles are expected, the o-line's are not (not that bad)

Kaczur looked pretty rough, he'll likely be out for Denver (guessing - I expect free Pepsi if I'm right) so we should get a good look at Levoir. Certainly looks good out there.
Someone from Nick's hometown has bet you a Pepsi he plays Monday? I expect him to be out for a couple/three games unless his replacement(s) struggle too much.

Someone from Nick's hometown has bet you a Pepsi he plays Monday? I expect him to be out for a couple/three games unless his replacement(s) struggle too much.

Looks like he's not practicing today. Along with... like half the freaking team!

Two cuts assumes that Ross makes the squad. It shouldn't be that hard though. :rolleyes:

I just don't see how they can cut all these future hall of fame players like Slater, though......

Cutting Connolly seems obvious (and then to the Practice Squad). We might carry an extra lineman until Kaczur comes back, if he is not put on IR. Britt would be cut if Kaczur comes back.

How do you project this affects the O-Line?

What do guess will be the next shuffle in the way the players line up?

I assume since they start practicing today, neither one is headed for IR unless they aggravate an injury. That means cuts.

i hope they both come back and play right tackle.

And here I was booed on draft day because I thought the Pats could use an Olineman pretty high. Humm how nice would it be to have a young stud Olineman now? :p

I'm not unsatisfied with the Mayo pick, but would we rather have a good young Olineman or Wheatley right now?

And here I was booed on draft day because I thought the Pats could use an Olineman pretty high. Humm how nice would it be to have a young stud Olineman now? :p

I'm not unsatisfied with the Mayo pick, but would we rather have a good young Olineman or Wheatley right now?

The trouble was there were too many holes to fill in just one draft.

The defense was bareass with three defensive backs leaving via

free agency and an aging linebacking corps. Hopefully, the 2008

draft took care of some of the defensive deficiencies so the Pats

can draft an offensive lineman with their first pick next year.

Assuming Neal is close to 100% and doesn't have much rust, this is a huge boost to the o-line. Neal's impact to the line cannot be understated at this point. He excels at run blocking that should help to get Maroney off the schneide as well as make a huge impact blocking for Cassel. Yates is not much more than a speed bump which not only hurt his position but was probably the reason why both Koppen and Mankins have been struggling (they have had to slide protection to the right side of the line to make up for Yates' deficiencies).

As for roster moves, don't be surprised if Koppen is IRed. I fully expect the lowest man or men on the totem pole at o-line to get cut.

I don't disagree fully, but Mayo has been a beast. And he's played just 5 regular season NFL games. He hasn't made game changing plays, but he's been very solid. I think he's a big boost to the linebacking corps by the end of the season.

If there was player that dante thought would be capable of starting at OT this year, he would have been drafted ahead of Wheatley, and we have used the 3rd to draft a DB intead of trading into 2009.

As for roster moves, don't be surprised if Koppen is IRed. I fully expect the lowest man or men on the totem pole at o-line to get cut.
I didn't know Koppen was injured....did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots