PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ok, so I just watched some tape of Dorial Green-Beckham...

I would love maxx williams but I doubt he gets drafted by us. There's not a clear need for TE. He'd be nice to have, but I don't think he brings what a deep threat like DGB does. I think this offense needs that type of production from one of the WRs.

Jordan Cameron is a FA, coming off a down year (concussion) in Cleveland. If the price is right, I'd love to add him. A TE group of Gronk, Cameron and Wright is in my book, elite. It could also off set Gronk's receiving production in case of an emergency.

Jordan Cameron is a FA, coming off a down year (concussion) in Cleveland. If the price is right, I'd love to add him. A TE group of Gronk, Cameron and Wright is in my book, elite. It could also off set Gronk's receiving production in case of an emergency.

I don't see Cameron's price as being anywhere near what we could spend. What price do you have in mind?

Just to follow up a bit on this, no way is Cameron worth elite TE money. Considering he's had one really good season. Id be all in if the Pats can get him for something like $3-5 Mil per season.

I can't see the market supporting that. Cameron was also quite vocal during Jimmy Graham's dispute with the Saints about whether he should be tagged as a WR or a TE, so my impression is that he's very market focused.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...y-graham-reaction-browns-saints-result-ruling

I don't see Cameron as being a reasonable get either. Gordon is a much more feasible acquisition given his issues, which theoretically should keep his Market value relatively low.

If you have Josh Gordon coming to NE you're insane, Mike Lombardi was doing everything to rid himself of Gordon, cross that one off

This guy really struggled when he first came to Missouri as they moved him around a lot , he got much better when they simplified what he would do for them his second year. This concerns me only because of how often wide receivers struggle with the pats playbook

I'm bumping this

Manx, Mayo, OTG, etc, I ask of you all, just how talented is this kid? CBS comparing him to AJ Green, also read he was compared to Moss coming out of highschool.

I don't want a 1st or really a 2nd round WR but...is this kid a top 5 draft pick type talent? The interwebs makes him out to be the 2nd best WR talent to Cooper, just want to know what you all think.

Edit: Here's OTG's take

http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/2015...-green-beckham-scouting-report-2015-nfl-draft

Last edited:
I'm bumping this

Manx, Mayo, OTG, etc, I ask of you all, just how talented is this kid? CBS comparing him to AJ Green, also read he was compared to Moss coming out of highschool.

I don't want a 1st or really a 2nd round WR but...is this kid a top 5 draft pick type talent? The interwebs makes him out to be the 2nd best WR talent to Cooper, just want to know what you all think.

http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/2015...-green-beckham-scouting-report-2015-nfl-draft

I know before being kicked off of mizzous football team he was neck and neck with cooper for top receiver in the draft. I have a feeling the whole josh Gordon thing might push him down the board. If he's there late i would take a chance on him.

I'm bumping this

I know that Matt Miller of Bleacher Report says that DGB has the worst red flags he's ever seen. Take that for what it's worth.

I disagree that there is no need. If Gronk is out 1-3 games do we simply throw out half of the playbook for that duration?

Hooman clearly is not the answer and might be gone this offseason anyway due to contract vs. production. Wright can't block and is rather complementary in his receiving routes compared to Gronk.

In regards to a deep player, I understand what you are saying but I'd argue that having a second hybrid TE who can be used in no huddle who can be used to manipulate/create mismatches might be more valuable than a deep player.

Now of course if DGB ends up a OBJ/Julio Jones kind of talent I will look like an idiot and you are right.

I would love maxx williams but I doubt he gets drafted by us. There's not a clear need for TE. He'd be nice to have, but I don't think he brings what a deep threat like DGB does. I think this offense needs that type of production from one of the WRs.

With all this talk of taking on troubled players and taking a risk on Gordon or DGB. It doesn't seem like too many of you care about their issues. Why not sign Colt Lyerla? When it comes to top talent, he is better then any TE in this draft. When you consider who is the best "fit" for Tom and our offense. Id take a talented TE over a player like DGB or Gordon, 100 times over.
Not to mention, he got caught doing coke. In my eyes, thats a cupcake offense in comparison to an assault on a female. If you want to bring up how he quit on Oregon, that issue carries no weight because of what happened with Blount this season.

Colt is a FA, sitting at home waiting for BB to call. He is seriously a Gronk, AH Hybrid. I can only dream about the things he could do with this team. The best part is, it wouldn't cost us anything. Nothing! He would be cheaper then any FA, and even cheeper then a draft pick. the best part is, I think he also has more upside then any player available. Seriously, he isn't very different then Blount. He just needs some of that NE locker room love. He would fit right in with the crazy white boy crew (Brady, Edelman, & Gronk)

Just a reminder. He's
6'4
Low 4.6 40 year dash (probably faster with proper training)
40 inch vertical. Yes I said 40 inches.
Not to mention he has HUGE hands at 10 1/4 inches. MITTS, just like Gronk.

Last edited:
With all this talk of taking on troubled players and taking a risk on gordon or DGB. It doesn't seem like too many of you care about their issues .Why not sign Colt Lyerla? Cause when it comes to top talent, he is better then any TE in this draft. When you consider who is the best "fit" for TB and NE. Id take a beast TE over a DGB or Gordon, any day of the week.
Not to mention, he got caught doing coke. In my eyes, thats a cupcake offense in comparison to an assault on a female charge. If you want to bring up how he quit on Oregon, that issue carries no weight because of what happened with Blount this season.

Colt is a FA, sitting at home waiting waiting for BB to call. He is seriously a Gronk, AH Hybrid. I can only dream about the things he could do with this team. The best part is, it wouldn't cost us anything.

Just a reminder.
6'4
4.6 40
40 inch vertical. Yes I said 40

Its crazy how much he reminds me of AHern. He has a knack for making the first man miss or bouncing off of tackles. He's athletically gifted for sure. And I would love to have him here but idk if BB would try this project. Maybe being with Green Bay for alittle is an indication that those troubles are behind him,because I don't see GB taking much nonsense from any player. But if he's not brought in, I'm completely fine with Tim wright. I believe with an offseason and some training camp we can get some good production out of him.

Its crazy how much he reminds me of AHern. He has a knack for making the first man miss or bouncing off of tackles. He's athletically gifted for sure. And I would love to have him here but idk if BB would try this project. Maybe being with Green Bay for alittle is an indication that those troubles are behind him,because I don't see GB taking much nonsense from any player. But if he's not brought in, I'm completely fine with Tim wright. I believe with an offseason and some training camp we can get some good production out of him.

Like I said, "a Aaron Hernandez, Gronk hybrid" I seriously mean that. He can be used in so many ways. He also has the potential to be a much better blocker then Wright or Aaron Hernandez. He signed with GB, but tore a ligament in his Knee during training camp. It was a non surgery injury. GB cut him, and had plans of potentially bringing him back. He got a DUI (non alcohol related, so probably pain pills seeing he tore his knee a week before) like a week after in his home town, but I've read on a agents twitter that those chargers have been dropped.
If we are going to take any risk this off season, it should be on him.

Look at his blocking. I think this scouting tape does a much better job of displaying how talented he truly is, and how much of a threat he would be on our team.
Using him in a double tight end formation with Gronk would be extremely difficult to defend.

Last edited:
I'm bumping this

Hey, Brother Snow...

I should note that the Grade & Rank that I lay on a guy does not translate into when or even if I would draft'm. I'm constantly trolling for Bargains. So whereas I gave Beckham a 1st/2nd Round Ranking, I myself wouldn't draft'm until the 4th or 5th Round, by which time I expect'm to be long gone.

Like everyone else, I would, given a position of Authority in a Team's Draft Room, insist even then on sitting down with the lad and asking'm what the Hell happened that night before making a Decision on'm.

Needless to say: His Answers and Body Language would be crucial to my evaluational Process.

Even leaving the off field questions alone, his Game itself is very raw.

I'd say we're looking at a genuine Top 3 Ceiling, a 4th/5th Round Floor, and an huge pile of Beta.

That's Uncertainty, often transcribed as Risk, to you Earthlings. ;)

Last edited:
@Bischoff_Scott: I think if we're all being honest, Dorial Green Beckham is far and away the best WR in the 2015 class, and it's probably not real close.

@SigmundBloom: Dorial Green-Beckham isn't just best raw WR talent in this draft. Might be the best raw football talent at any position in draft, period

@MattWaldman: I only know his talent. Can't answer it based only on this. RT @L0WERCASE_e: @MattWaldman would you draft Dorial Green-Beckham?

@ChrisHansenNFL: Hard to place Dorial Green-Beckham. Size and freakish athlete that runs limited and sloppy routes

----------------------------------

After the input from the draftniks here and searching the web, I'm very intrigued. We have plenty of leaders in our locker room and a veteran WR duo.

However, besides off the field problems, he doesn't seem like an offensive fit due to the raw aspect of his game (route running in particular).

I still don't know. I think he could still make an impact his rookie year in the Tyms role with 15-20 snaps a game while learning to play WR here longterm.

This from an amateur reading the last page, Colt Lyria looks like a much better risk/reward bet than DGB. In fact, if the kid is still in shape, I think it would be a coupe to get him in here. The only thing I'd demand from him is that he move to NE and stay in the program all through the off season. If he survives that, then we might have found a "gem".

Besides, you know me, I don't think ANY WR is worth all the time and effort we fans put into worrying about them. Every year that we see so many so called super talented guys coming out of the colleges, and guys like Matthews appear out of no where, only cements my belief that competent WR's are the NFL's most easily available commodity.

From Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting (who also writes for the Sporting News):

https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/567531071299129344
You know in this day and age it's so much more exciting and tabloid for people to root for others to fail and fall hard now more than ever. Randy Moss took a beating in 1998 and that was before the true expolosion of social media. I agree with your post from Jan. 4th earlier in this thread. Well reasoned and rationed.

It's one of those things where I've never heard this kid speak. Is he an intelligent kid like Moss who made some immature choices along the way, or is he a complete knucklehead like Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf who was just simply never going to get it? Only time will tell. I will say this, with the advent of Twitter and the attitude surrounding tabloid journalism, second chances for people get slimmer every day.

The days of redemption stories and triumph over self-inflicted mistakes are becoming non-exsitent. It's a torch-and-pitchfork we just need a hangin' to satisfy the self-righteos hypocritical mob-mentality reaction to everything nowadays.

I think we just witnessed that this passed SB with the deflate-gate BS. Anyone here know about the mistakes Malcolm Butler made along the way yet? He made some, but he wasn't high-profile. That's a story that's under the radar of intense public scrutiny right now.

And BTW, I'm not advocating drafting DGB, I'm just saying maybe people should take a step back, look at themselves in the mirror and think about how self-righteous they actually deserve to be. And that includes all these high-and-mighty people in the media. How easy it is to rip on players and coaches while you hide behind the vail of scrutiny because your such an obscure personality. I'd like to see some of the dirty laundry dredged up with these so-called "reporters".

I'll bet the house their **** stinks just as high if not worse.

#Truth

(And I hate hashtags, WTF is with that really?)

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back