Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ok Parents, Where Are You?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I could post a dozen links of recent headlines but is anyone paying attention to what's going on in schools? I mean in addition to the pedophilia and the food police sad to say.

19 Crazy Things That School Children Are Being Arrested for in America

Yet a group of 5th graders was recently found to be playing a game called "rape tag". The school dealt with it prior to notifying parents, supposedly the school delayed because it was "such a small number of students". No arrests were made:rolleyes: but a quick note home to mom and dad. New Ulm parents alarmed by reports of fifth-graders playing 'rape tag' - TwinCities.com
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

I was going to post something similar to all this especially "rape tag" but if I talk about the weather I get in trouble, good post, the country is going nuts, Lady Ga Ga gets more attention than all this crazy crap that is happening to our kids.
  3. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's horrifying. Public schools are turning into gulags run by thugs and pedos who revel in exerting brute power over little children. An elementary school in NYC wants to monitor obese kids 24/7 using some kind of bracelet-they want to watch everything the kid does, eats, everywhere the kid goes, etc.

Parents shouldn't be mystified if their kids are dumb as rocks. What kind of learning takes place in this atmosphere? And who the **** is in charge of it?

And what kind of adults will these children grow into? The kind of adult that was abused and terrorized as a child I guess. ugh
  4. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The public school systems seems to be getting worse as the years go on. The political people all say they want better education, but then why does education keep getting worse?

The main news networks are entertainment first, news later. Ever noticed that they all basically run the same stories but they just give a different political viewpoint on it? Maybe that is why we don't get anywhere...we just go about debating the same issues they replay on the news all the time based on our own political viewpoints.

When I was in HS in the late 90s we had issues with people bringing knives and even a gun to school once. Some students would get bullied or physically assaulted right in the classroom and teachers would often do nothing. It is the job of the teachers and the principal of the school to make sure it is a safe learning place for all the students. Too many of them are not doing their jobs.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I worry every day my kid goes to middle school 6th grade. His brother and sister are 12 and 14 years older ... all 3 did public schools. I saw this changing when my older kids were in school and I see those changes and more now. I want him to have his freedoms but I also recognize that teachers are working in a different environment now and it's tough for them. We live in a moderate size town without major issues so I think he will be fine.

I believe in the public school system. I believe he should go to school in an environment that he will be an adult in ... (not sheltered). So I hold my breath and hope all his teachers are normal for the most part ... we'll see.
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Rely on the Government, and you will get the Lowest Common Denominator in terms of results.

Some schools get there faster than others, and It may take time, but eventually all government run schools will settle into a state which offers just enough to make sure we don't riot in the streets. The good public schools will continually have to forgo funds and advantages to make up for the bad schools, and the entire government run and funded school system will provide the lowest acceptable results.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

How many millions of kids are currently in school, how many schools are in operation.. most try to do their jobs that I have witness. To provide anecdotal evidence from the millions of kids in school, is folly and in reality does not prove all that much.. except that this shyt can happen, sometimes.

Unfortunately the teachers who make the headlines are the teachers who should not be teachers...

When I was in grammar school(in the early 50's), the stuff we did and had done to us would have created headlines today, but no one really cared... and somehow we all survived.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

Here's what I don't understand.

When I was in 5th grade, I didn't even know what a hip-thrust was or if I saw it, I wouldn't have understood what it was for. Very few kids that young knew what sex was back then.

So what has changed that so many 11 year olds now understand what sex is and know about hip-thrusts?

What makes me sick is that what should still be age of complete innocence, has now become an age of budding sexual activity.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

Honestly Darryl, our generation was a lot tougher and less coddled as children than today's kids are. That's not a criticism, just an observation.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Not sure it was all that tougher, but there were comparable shenanigans by the kids and teachers then, this is not a relatively new phenonemon.. got the crap kicked out of me by nuns and lay teachers many times, nuns used to watch us pee in the basement..

Any system that is run by humans will have their share of idiocy.. that reflects the cultural norms of the time..

The difference today is the way stuff is reported and how information is disseminated.. there were at least 19 crazy things in the 50's, 60's, 70's and on and on.
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

The difference between you & I is that I used to watch the nuns pee!

And I'm still here! I think parents and society in general today want to narrow what is acceptable human behavior where our parents and society back then wanted to hear as little as possible.

And even if we told our parents something, they typically would blame us, not our teachers...or, God forbid, blame a nun.
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

There was never two sides to a kids story, it was pretty one sided.. adults were always right.

You got what you deserved, and the priest pedophilia stuff happened.. then there were two sides to the story.
  13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

Fortunately, my parents pulled all 4 of us out of Catholic school after a few years. For me, it was after 4th grade.

It was the best thing possible for me. Today though, Catholic school education is miles above most public schools. And for the life of me, I don't understand why.

Maybe it's because they only admit smart children.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Discipline, no nonsense learning, no politically correct bullsh!t, no slopping liberal crap.

Reading, Writing, Arithmetic.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Not really.

The article goes on to say that the only real difference is in SAT scores and this can be explained by A) They spend more time teaching "test taking," and/or B) Because they have an "admissions" policy, they tend to enroll only the smartest kids while public schools must admit everyone.

Public Schools vs. Private Schools: New Study Says There is No Difference

Maybe....but that still means your conclusion that they're "miles above pubic schools" is skewed, doesn't it?
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Do they teach kids how to put Condoms on Cucumbers in private schools......:confused:
  17. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's all about the abuse of power imho and we've allowed it to happen. We've become a society of authority-worshippers who've apparently lost the ability to think for ourselves. We operate on Blind Faith. No critical thinking skills, no self-confidence, no survival skills, no basic ability to form a complete sentence (ok we're ALL a little guilty of THAT one ;)) but you get my point.

We've ALL been in the principal's office at one time or another I'm sure, but who among us went there knowing we might be sexually abused, tased, strip-searched, and perhaps handcuffed and arrested? The most we were afraid of was that they'd call our parents lol. You didn't want to be in trouble at school PLUS in trouble at home LOL.

I was very fortunate to have grown up in a town where the local police knew most everybody and seemed to care about the community and it's kids though that wasn't necessarily the case in all towns but it was in mine, at least for most of what I remember. Things did begin to change a bit when DARE came to town.

It's so sad that little kids can't have that same sense of trust anymore.
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Abuse of power is not a new phenomenon it has been going on in schools since it became formalized and kids were separated from their parents..
  19. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Abuse of power's been going on for eons but that doesn't mean this country should allow going gestapo on children. Really?
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Another place to be concerened for your children "THE SCHOOL BUS"