PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, I'm With You Guys on Felger Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't live in Boston so I don't hear him on the radio and I've stuck with him as my favorite Pats' writer. Until now. Until this :

"Arizona Cardinals looked like they had no interest in playing a football game last night at Gillette Stadium. Whether it was jet lag or something else, the Cards looked terrible from start to finish. And, as a result, the Pats looked very good."

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153638

Why does he have to say the Pats looked very good because of jet lag or "something else". That line is being a jerk just to be a jerk as you guys say he does on the radio. Maybe the Cardinals looked bad because the Patriots played so well, Felger.

The rest of the article is fine but he doesn't need to basically piss on every positive he goes on to say with that earlier line.

Last edited:
And now I see he ends with :

"Overall, the Pats were outstanding in all three phases of the game. It’s too bad the competition was so bad you can’t accurately gauge the effort."

Shame on you, Felger.

I agree. Nice glass-is-half-empty attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
JackBauer said:
I agree. Nice glass-is-half-empty attitude.
Especially for a team that smoked the Steelers last week (admittedly in Arizona).

Then in his Colvin article he comes up with this :

"Last year, the Pats still had Willie McGinestto line up opposite Colvin and pose a threat. This year, the Pats are down to Colvin. If he doesn’t get to the quarterback, you have to wonder who will."

I guess he's forgetting Vrabel who will be outside once Bruschi and Seau are ready to go.

Felger doesn't necessarily sound any different than Belichick, IMO. Lots of good things to come out of the game, but let's not get overly excited.

Murphys95 said:
Felger doesn't necessarily sound any different than Belichick, IMO. Lots of good things to come out of the game, but let's not get overly excited.

Of course, there's a difference between tempered optimism and going out of your way to inject negative spin.

I've got to be honest - I don't mind the questions. I just mind the way they are framed. They aren't based on who the guys who left were last year but more who they were a few years ago.

I love Wille, wish he was still here. I do question how we will replace what he brought last year. But what he brought was a guy who picks his spots and still makes big plays - see the Jax game.

He isn't a consistent week in, week out pass rushing force like he once was. He had 6 sacks last year in the regular season. Felger and others make it seem like it is Willie from 1995/1996 who left when they write their stories. They also make it seem like Adam is coming off the Snow Bowl kick not 5 years removed from it.

If they framed the question better it would be a good question. When they exagerrate like they do to get people riled up, it becomes a wasted queston.

BelichickFan said:
"Last year, the Pats still had Willie McGinestto line up opposite Colvin and pose a threat. This year, the Pats are down to Colvin. If he doesn’t get to the quarterback, you have to wonder who will."

I guess he's forgetting Vrabel who will be outside once Bruschi and Seau are ready to go.

TBC looked pretty good coming off the end early in the game.

BelichickFan said:
I don't live in Boston so I don't hear him on the radio and I've stuck with him as my favorite Pats' writer. Until now. Until this :

"Arizona Cardinals looked like they had no interest in playing a football game last night at Gillette Stadium. Whether it was jet lag or something else, the Cards looked terrible from start to finish. And, as a result, the Pats looked very good."

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153638

Why does he have to say the Pats looked very good because of jet lag or "something else". That line is being a jerk just to be a jerk as you guys say he does on the radio. Maybe the Cardinals looked bad because the Patriots played so well, Felger.

The rest of the article is fine but he doesn't need to basically piss on every positive he goes on to say with that earlier line.

If he's going to take that route, where was the "basically New England's defense was so tired from being stuck in the airport in Nashville all night that they made it easy for Atlanta to run on them...." I have liked Felger overall in the past.....but this is a jacka$$ comment.....

BelichickFan said:
Especially for a team that smoked the Steelers last week (admittedly in Arizona).

Then in his Colvin article he comes up with this :

I didn't read the article yet but I think that quote is more of a slight on TBC than anything. Don't be surprised if Vrabel stays inside and Seau plays some downs on the edge on some downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back