PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ok - Gronk is down, at least for a few weeks. Who has to step it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd and Brady are going to need to connect on some deep balls. If we get Mankins and Connolly back that should really help the run game get going.

Brady is the one who's having problems with the Deep Ball...he has either underthrown, overthrown or flat out missed Lloyd a few times. Considering how good our Offense is we are not consistent with the Deep ball at all. Against Playoff type Defense's we wouldn't want to miss those throws.

One positive aspect of Gronk getting 4-6 weeks off is that his back/heal condition will get a chance to get right. Hopefully by then our offense is clicking (still/more) without Gronk and his HEALTHY/hungry addition during playoff season will only add to the nightmare that is defending his defense.

I want defensive coordinators thinking... we have to stop this Juggernaut and now that Gronk is back we have to deal with that. Great.

My first vote goes to Brandon Lloyd. For the selfish reason that I have him on my fantasy team (along with Hernandez), I pay more attention to Brady to Lloyd than other receiver combos. At least once per game Lloyd is behind the coverage, or wide open and Brady ever-so-slightly OVERTHROWS him.

Tom Brady has a strong tendency to slightly overthrow the deep ball. It hasn't gotten any better; it is what it is. :(

Lloyd was not in 2 WR sets yesterday. He lost snaps to Edelman. He seems better suited to the 3rd WR at best. None of the TE's representing depth on the roster have had time to develop any rapore capability to replace Gronk or Hernandez as anything more than bodies. Hoohoo has actually had his moments as a blocker... There is a reason we've been running 3 wide sets and Branch had been racking up snaps along side Welker as Edelman did yesterday.

Good eye Mo...didn't realize that...thats says something about Brady and the Coaching staff confidence in Edelman.

Brandon Lloyd

HM is Aaron Hernandez, looked fine those games he came back, get out there and ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots