PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK Geniuses...You're the OC...beat the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats got a good look at the read option two times last year. Predictably, struggled in the first half of the game at Denver. Locked it down in the 2nd half. When they came to Foxboro, we totally dismantled it. One tackle for loss after another. Pressure up the middle from Spikes and either Mayo/Hightower are gonna blow it up. Penetration kills any read running plays. Wing-t, wishbone or read option. Pats have the personnel to blow it up.

Our problems are making us play in space. I don't think Kaepernick is an accurate enough passer to take advantage of that when he's pressed and kept in the pocket. Inside pressure from the lb's. DE's keep QB in the pocket not going too far upfield. Wilfork and Love just stuff the LOS. Our defense is ideally suited to play these guys.

Let's not confuse Tebow with Colin and McCoy's play calling with Greg Roman. Colin's actually a really good and accurate passer from what I saw. He's quicker than Tebow. He makes decisions faster than Tebow. Roman doesn't just run run run.

So I don't think that same strategy is going to work. Tebow was a power runner/scrambler. This dude's a speedster.

Last edited:
Let's not confuse Tebow with Colin and McCoy's play calling with Greg Roman. Colin's actually a really good and accurate passer from what I saw. He's quicker than Tebow. He makes decisions faster than Tebow. Roman doesn't just run run run.

So I don't think that same strategy is going to work. Tebow was a power runner/scrambler. This dude's a speedster.

We shall see. Color me not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing