Reaction score
the jets had everyone...........the pats were without:
Tom Brady
Laurence Maroney
Lamont Jordan
Ty Warren
Adalius Thomas
Rodney Harrison

we're 6-4 ......we gave some plays away, and the ref screwed vrabel....

the fact is, guys like woods, guyton, and mayo made the future look bright

back in 1st place in a week

Re: ok......big picture

You are incredibly optimistic and I hope you're right.

Re: ok......big picture

Big picture. We should NOT have lost that game. Nor the one in Indy.

I'm slightly worried. It'll take 10-6 to get in. I see Oak, Buff, and Sea as probably wins. We need to take 1 out of the other 3. We won't if we keep giving games away.

to say the miami game is a must game, is a understatement

On 3rd and longs we need to learn to have a guy on the freaking tight end.

The sad thing is that the Pats could easily be 8-2 right now if not for a handful of plays. I still think the Pats have a shot at the division, but one thing I am estatic about is the future of this team.

The Pats seemed to have done a good job restocking the defense. Next year with the return of Thomas and a few more additions, this defense could potentially rival the Romeo era of defense. Add Brady to the offense and this team could be the gold standard of the league again next year. But I am getting ahead of myself.

The Jets have a tougher schedule.
Tennessee-loss7-4
Denver-win8-4
San Fran-win9-4
Buffalo-win10-4
Seattle-win11-4
Miami-loss11-5

Pats schedule
Miami-win7-4
Pitt-win8-4
Seattle-win9-4
Raiders-win10-4
Buffalo-win11-4
Arizonia-win12-4
I think the Patriots will still win the div. They are better then all the team left on their schedule. The big game will be Pitts.

Hopefully the Titans don't decide to lose their first game next Sunday.

I think we'll be fine. The Jets will drop a couple, and the Pats will bring it together. Bill won't let Mangini win the division.

The Jets have a tougher schedule.
Tennessee-loss7-4
Denver-win8-4
San Fran-win9-4
Buffalo-win10-4
Seattle-win11-4
Miami-win12-4

Pats schedule
Miami-win7-4
Pitt-loss11-5
Seattle-win9-4
Raiders-win10-4
Buffalo-win11-4
Arizonia-win12-4
I think the Patriots will still win the div. They are better then all the team left on their schedule. The big game will be Pitts.
I did a more realistic edit there for you. The Jets won't lose to Miami again. So what happens if we're 11-5 and don't win the division? Can we clinch the wild card with that record?

Last edited:
if at the end of the season, were both at 11-5...who wins the division?

say we both win same number of division games and conference games (if that is possible)

Hopefully the Titans don't decide to lose their first game next Sunday.

I think we'll be fine. The Jets will drop a couple, and the Pats will bring it together. Bill won't let Mangini win the division.
Yet, this is my fear. The Jets are well built to beat the Titans. They stop the run, which is the Titans' strength, and they have a good offense. I guess we'll see in a week and a half.

Regardless of what happens this year, I am VERY optimistic about next season.

Having said that, I do still think we will win the division. I can't see Favre keeping up this level of play. He is too much of a known gunslinger and will, at some point, revert to the old Brett and start tossing touchdowns to the other team.

I did a more realistic edit there for you. The Jets won't lose to Miami again. So what happens if we're 11-5 and don't win the division? Can we clinch the wild card with that record?

I would think so. I don't see Baltimore being better than 11-5 and Indy has 4 losses already and still has to play Tennessee, Jacksonville and San Diego (which is on the road).
The big problem is Tennessee is week 17...if the Colts win up until then but TEN clinches the division, we could be looking at a re-run of 2002 when Favre's Packers purposely tanked week 17 to squeeze us out.
Baltimore has the Giants this week, Philly next week, Washington on Dec. 7, Pittsburgh, Dallas and Jacksonville. I see no way that they don't lose at least 3 games of those.
Jacksonville would need to win out to get to 11-5, and they still have to play Tennessee, Green Bay, Minnesota, Chicago, Indy and Baltimore. Safe to say they are out.
SD also needs to win out for 11-5, and still need to play Pitt, Indy, Atlanta, @ Tampa and Denver. They have a very very outside chance of 11-5 but it'll be next to impossible.
Long story short, all of the wild card teams have a difficult road to 11-5, so 11-5 will almost definitely earn us a WC spot, if not the division. If we win out against AFCE (which we should, with Miami and Buffalo remaining), and the Jets lose one of their remaining AFCE games, we will be tied on the second tie break as well.
11-5 is good for the playoffs, 10-6 will likely come down to tie breakers with a logjam of teams with the same record, and I know none of us want to deal with that.

look at it this way..........the pats coverage schemes only have 3 out of 7 regulars as compared to the beginning of the season (vrabel, hobbs and james sanders...........thomas, bruschi, harrison, and <insert opposing CB name here>)

the pats defense is in transition, but guyton, mayo, and meriweather will be starters next year and the other bodies around them will either return or be upgraded.....the pats defense will be young next year..........and brutal on opponents.......

the offense can carry this team through the rest of the regular season.......the playoffs will be tough, but I feel good about this team senfding someone home early this postseason

the jets had everyone...........the pats were without:
Tom Brady
Laurence Maroney
Lamont Jordan
Ty Warren
Adalius Thomas
Rodney Harrison

we're 6-4 ......we gave some plays away, and the ref screwed vrabel....

the fact is, guys like woods, guyton, and mayo made the future look bright

back in 1st place in a week

Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison, Lawrence Maroney, and Adalius Thomas won't be playing next week either, or the week after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back