PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK - Back to Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Direwolf57

Rookie
Reaction score
Charger fan here!

Let's talk Sunday! IMO it's pretty simple....If Brady is allowed time in the pocket, he'll shred the Chargers no doubt and produce a high scoring affair that likely ends in a Pats victory! But our "D" line is very tough,physical, and capable of harassing Brady enough to throw him off! If this happens and we turn it into a streetfight, our chances are pretty good to pull off the upset!

The problem I hope that every team has with us the rest of the way is that we just have too many options on offense for every team to cover. If you blitz and are aggressive at coming at Brady, they'll do a delayed draw to Maroney or try Sammy Morris up the gut. If that doesn't work, they'll try that beautiful screen to Kevin Faulk that always works at least once against an aggressive D. If that doesn't work they'll try short passes to our new Troy Brown (Wes Welker). If that doesn't work, they'll try short passes to Ben Watson who will hopefully run guys over after the catch. If that doesn't work, they'll roll Brady out and throw deep to Randy Moss or Donte Stallworth. Oh, and while you're trying to cover all that, you'll forget about Gafney in the flat & Brady will burn you for 20 yards. If we can get this going against a great D like SD, I will be happy indeed!

i think the pats are going to try and throw the ball like the afc div game . i doubt maroney is going to have a big game or for that matter morris. Our offense will be predicated on the pass in this game which obviously means we need good protection upfront.
On defense ,obviously we have to contain LT which is going to be difficult without seymour. thomas could be put on gates and i assume the WR's will be man to man .the key to this game as is to all games is to get a lead. whichever team gets the lead can really force the issue.

I think after the sh*tstorm this week, this will be a very angry team that is going to want to kick someone's a*s. Tomlinson is a whiney butt loser and will et some payback this week.

i think the pats are going to try and throw the ball like the afc div game . i doubt maroney is going to have a big game or for that matter morris. Our offense will be predicated on the pass in this game which obviously means we need good protection upfront.
On defense ,obviously we have to contain LT which is going to be difficult without seymour. thomas could be put on gates and i assume the WR's will be man to man .the key to this game as is to all games is to get a lead. whichever team gets the lead can really force the issue.

The game against the Jets and the 3rd preseason game they started off with a bunch of runs for Maroney. You think they'll abandon that this week?

hes right..after all this bull this week...patriots are going to kill someone out there...and his last name is tomlinson!!! :D If they can stop tomlinson and make rivers throw 40 times..they will win

The game against the Jets and the 3rd preseason game they started off with a bunch of runs for Maroney. You think they'll abandon that this week?

its really more about the opponent than what they did in the past. I think the pats feel ..at least from the last afc div game --that running on SD is going to be tough so they will try and start by spreading the field and see if they have some success.

If the O-line can handle the shawns then that will be a good start. Pats will keep the TEs in for protection to try and buy time for the upgraded receiving corps to get downfield and if they do then the SD defensive backs are going to have their hands full. Marony is going to see a lot of action and hopefully the line can build on the zone blocking to open some holes for him. and if you get too aggressive out come the screens!

as always containment of LT and Gates are paramount for our D. Rivers does not do well at all when pressured but gets bailed out by those two when he makes bad decisions. If the Pats can study the game tape from last week and get some insight into how the bears held LT in check then hopefully they can adapt it to their schemes. our DBs can handle the chargers WRs without a problem, but without rodney gates will have a little more room to work the flat, so the Pats need to keep an eye on that....

No matter what lets just hope for a clean game with no injuries...week 1 was horrible enough around the league :mad:

So, what's the Pats' fans take on Moss long term?

He is happy now because he had a big day and historically has been a "me" player! What if his contribution has to be "decoy deep" so Brady can check down underneath and he doesn't get the touches/glory? My guess is that he's still on a 2 inch leash and the first sign of pouting or disgruntle...he'll be gone...BUT...now Pats fan sees what he is capable of so...Hmmm...quite a conundrum! You love him now but you have studied his history -he's a known lockeroom cancer when he's unhappy!

A lot of points should be scored.

ON OFFENSE
The OL line will always have the help from at least a TE and a RB protector (Faulk or Evans). With this protection, Moss, Stallworth and Welker will catch a lot of balls. You will have a lot to protect against with Moss and Stallworth/Gaffney on the outsides and Welker and Watson/Brady over the middle. And BTW, whoever is playing running back is a fine outlet for Brady.

ON DEFENSE
We won't stop LT as the Bears did. He'll have his 150 of total yards. That won't be enough. The key is Gates. Thomas should be shadowing him all game. Also, I suspect that LT will be Vrabel's responsibility.
--------------------

BOTTOM LINE
I believe that our offense is more than anyone can handle. They will score more points than SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back