PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ok... any idea who our kick returners are yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I'm asking opinions, but to me it seems like Welker and Deltha will be returning Punts and Hobbs and Hobbs and Hobbs will be returning ko's.

I guess they likely worked with Slater on this, but Hobbs >x10 than Slater in that relatively straight forward role.

Who do you foresee, at least for tomorrow, returning punts and kick-off's?

Maybe there won't be any punting. NE scores on every drive and Favre connects regularly with our secondary. That would be simply marvelous, hehe.

i dont know...what i do is that whoever goes back there, i wont like it...

also, i dont think hobbs is anything special on KR....and welker i see as only above average on punt returns....

so i hope slater takes both jobs from both these players...

Whoever does it is, he must be quick as a cat.

I'm asking opinions, but to me it seems like Welker and Deltha will be returning Punts and Hobbs and Hobbs and Hobbs will be returning ko's.

I guess they likely worked with Slater on this, but Hobbs >x10 than Slater in that relatively straight forward role.

Who do you foresee, at least for tomorrow, returning punts and kick-off's?

Maybe there won't be any punting. NE scores on every drive and Favre connects regularly with our secondary. That would be simply marvelous, hehe.

I don't know, but if Slater can't return kicks, why is he on the team?

Kick Returners will be Hobbs, Slater, Jordan, Faulk and Maroney.

Punt Returners will be O'Neal, Welker, Slater, and Faulk.

I don't know, but if Slater can't return kicks, why is he on the team?

Because Slater can return kicks and is an awesome special teamer as well. There ARE other positions on special teams than kick returner. Slater has taken the spot that was vacated by Willie Andrews. Andrews wasn't a primary kick returner, but he was out there on kick-offs..

i dont know...what i do is that whoever goes back there, i wont like it...

also, i dont think hobbs is anything special on KR....and welker i see as only above average on punt returns....

so i hope slater takes both jobs from both these players...

You don't think Hobbs is anything special on kick returns? WOW.. you must ignore that portion of the game. Hobbs is one of those rare talents who has the chance to break a TD every time you kick to him.

Last edited:
Hopefully there won't be many kickoffs to return. :)

If that's the case, I think Hobbs will continue to get the duty.

If the volume is too high for him to handle, I don't have any particular opinion on who gets the job between Slater, Maroney, Faulk (the three most obvious choices) or somebody else.

Hobbs is the more experienced and polished KO returner, and he does it extremely well. But Slater is faster and, with a little more experience, a bigger threat to go all the way. They will give Slater that chance with some more experience.

O'Neil and Welker are the punt returners (Slater does not do punts). Both are very good, Welker has the better hands but O'Neil has more speed. CJ Jones was just released but he can also return both kicks and punts. He remains on speed dial.

We are fortunate to have multiple guys who can return effectively. Should the offense slow down a bit without Brady, this is a spot they can make up some of that.

It's Troy Brown isn't it? ;)

I personally didnt like Welker back there last week, he looked lost at some times. I say with Faulk being back in the lineup, he will see some time back there.

My preference is Faulk and Slater. I agree that if Slater can't return kicks, he shouldn't be on the roster. We should pickup a S/Ster.

HOWEVER, our best returner is Hobbs, and Belichick likes him out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back