OK - Altoona Curve is on my hate list

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now I have to hate AA baseball teams ? :mad:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/...16&content_id=417899&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

"The Curve, who can't seem to avoid appearing in this column each week, are staging a pair of vastly different promotions on back-to-back days. On Wednesday, it's "You Got Caught Night," during which the club will pay "tribute" to notorious cheaters such as Bill Belichick, Richard Nixon and the 1919 Chicago Black Sox."

Sigh.

We're going to have to learn to live the the Cheaters label for a while. When you're on top, everyone hates you and searches for ways to bring you down. People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer.

None of this crap bothers me anymore. People don't want/care to know the facts of cameragate. Everyone but NE fans are always going to think like this. We might as well embrace it. Let them think whatever they want... it seems to make a lot of people feel better about themselves and their teams. Let them dwell in their own ignorance.

However, I will note that Altoona, PA is a crap hole and I'm not surprised that these kinds of ideas come out of the people who live there.

Last edited:
None of this crap bothers me anymore. People don't want/care to know the facts of cameragate. Everyone but NE fans are always going to think like this. We might as well embrace it. Let them think whatever they want... it seems to make a lot of people feel better about themselves and their teams. It just doesn't matter.

Yeah but it's still well publicized things like this that make me happy we were running up the score on teams last year.

Yeah but it's still well publicized things like this that make me happy we were running up the score on teams last year.

Haha. Me too. I probably shouldn't condone that stuff...but all gloves are off in that regard. I'm already pulling my hair out waiting for the season to start. I hope we run it up on everyone.

Last edited:
Haha. Me too. I probably shouldn't condone that stuff...but all gloves are off in that regard. I'm already pulling my hair out waiting for the season to start. I hope we run it up on everyone.

Oh me too....hope we bury all the teams that come up to us this year....

Oh....GO CELTICS.....BEAT LA!!!

Yes, I want last year to look like child's play compared to what we do this year. I swear I want to see a 70 point game.

Looks like the sports world moved on from the last cheater (Tim Donaghy) quickly. But then again, they moved on from the baseball steroids scandal pretty quick. There will be another cheating scandal in a few months and everyone will move on, I wouldn't worry about it.

i actually love the hate and all this effort which is put towards making us seem like bad guy or whatever they want the general public perception of the pats to be, its rather hilarious and comical, i mean how desperate is this AA club trying to get funds or to increase their brand awareness around america,

I'm not even remotely surprised. You really can't make fun of anything when your mascot looks like a 7 foot inflatable green bong. I live 10 minutes from Altoona, and the entire area is pro Steelers. BB and the Pats were very well hated way before SpyGate for obvious reasons :D. The Curve are always doing stupid promotions, they've had everything from Eddie Munster and Greg Brady days and of course my favorite, "Al Roker is stupid day." Check out the below clip. Maybe I should go to this game decked out in Patriots garb and start fights with the Curve/Steelers fans!

http://www.storytrax.com/node/1269

Now I have to hate AA baseball teams ? :mad:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/...16&content_id=417899&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

"The Curve, who can't seem to avoid appearing in this column each week, are staging a pair of vastly different promotions on back-to-back days. On Wednesday, it's "You Got Caught Night," during which the club will pay "tribute" to notorious cheaters such as Bill Belichick, Richard Nixon and the 1919 Chicago Black Sox."

Sigh.

If they want to be stupid, let them. It's not that the Altoona Curve is important in any way.

Looks like the sports world moved on from the last cheater (Tim Donaghy) quickly. But then again, they moved on from the baseball steroids scandal pretty quick. There will be another cheating scandal in a few months and everyone will move on, I wouldn't worry about it.

Who is worried? Embrace the hate in '08.:)

Not surprised at all seeing that this crap is coming out of Pennsylvania.

We're going to have to learn to live the the Cheaters label for a while. When you're on top, everyone hates you and searches for ways to bring you down. People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer.

I thought the Giants were on top?

There is good and evil, right and wrong, neither know which they are just that they are who they are. Any way you slice it people opinions and a dollar fifty will get you a cup of coffee, so drink up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back