Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oil leak LIVE feed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 25, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When will the government do something?

3. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Is that the end of the broken pipe or the well head. If it's the well head they the problem is much larger and I think the only solution is some type of explosion to collapse the well.

This is the best live cam I've seen to date, thanks for posting it.

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Dude, I'm with you on this....Worst part about it, is that BP has some of the onloy equipment that can get down there. In Canada, it is mandatory that when you drill a well, a simultanious relief well NEEDS to be drilled. Having a sound policy like that would have been something the former closed door administration would've been smart to do...

The past is the past...the spill is the fault of bad policy....we cant do much about that now.

But there sits Barack...not doing Jack $#!T...Get the coast guard, get the Navy ... get Kevin Costner ... get some Cement ... get a bunch of boulders ..... get a giant cork .... I dont care...

PLUG THAT HOLE MR. President!

Sit there and watch this for a few minutes....then understand that this happened on APRIL 20th!!!!

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

They were scheduled to give BP an award for the well before it blew up, don't we have any eq? the government has authority to take over here based on the clean water act, how bout seeing of other companies can lend eq?

6. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

What would you have the government do?

Ironic for a "small government" conservative who spends all his time criticizing to turn around and complain because the government isn't, in his estimation, doing enough.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its crazy for any "deregulate / Small Government / Drill baby Drill" conservative to ask the question:

"Where is the government?"

8. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right, because this is exactly the same as mandated healthcare.

9. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Wanting small(er) government does not mean NO government. This is something any sain person would expect the goverment to head up.

Having the fed at the helm does not exclude BP and it's resourses. They needed to step in weeks ago and ensure every last thing that could be done was. If this was Bush or any other Republican administration you would be the loudest voice crying how they were not doing everything in their power.

10. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Come on Holy Diver, I expect it from Jack but you're better then that. Government's prime job is the safety of it's citizens. This is one of those times, wouldn't you agree?

11. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

As near as I can tell, you're the only one making that argument.

12. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's what you're insinuating. Because I oppose expansion of government I must therefore be opposed to all government. Which is foolish.

13. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

I'm aware. It's just a rhetorical point. All these people do is demonize the government, and then later turn around and complain that the government isn't doing enough. And if people want to respond "well, it's only certain elements of the government I/they don't approve of," then you can ask whether deregulation and the party atmosphere at MMS over the past decade or so is at all relevant to the current situation.

How do you know they are not? Clearly you have some specific information of are aware of some resources they have at their disposal they have not utilized?

All you have to do is look at the history of deep-water oil leaks to understand that the options are limited, at best.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  14. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

That wasn't what I was saying at all.

15. MrSparkle

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's not that I have any specific information, only guesses. BP makes choices because it benefits them in some manner, be it financial or whatever, is that really the best choice for the people?

My other guess is the Obama does not want to be burned like Bush was with Katrina. Looks like that may happen no matter what he does. Sometimes you can't win.

My aim is not to blame, my aim is to see results. I don't think with BP in command that is going to happen. BP is not about solveing the problem, they are about damage control and how does this cost them the least amount of money. Look at the choice of dispersants.

There are other options that only the government can apply. Such as the nuke option. I'm not saying I want the well nuked, I just don't want any options dismissed. As stated above, that is unlikely to happen with BP in control.

The feds will step in, it's just a question of when. The longer they wait, the worse it will be.

16. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

I agree almost 100 percent with the following:

17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 7 / -2

I've been saying this to friends for weeks now. Why not push a charge down, into the well, and blow it up, so as to collapse it, into itself. Wouldn;t that work? Maybe doing so would lose the well permanantly. hmmm....there seems to be lots of oil there...

18. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Bam's heading to Chicago this Memorial Day Weekend to party, something about Paul McCartney or whatever, so that accounts for ONE member of the govt. Supposedly he's not even stopping on the way to view the devastation tho that might change cuz he's getting hammered for it, who knows.

BP's got the responsibility of fixing it and paying for everything but shouldn't the federal govt at least be somewhat more involved? I don't know if they're commiserating with BP at all, maybe they should be, like the Army Corps of Engineers or something.

19. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think if this top kill doesnt work, blowing it up is the only other option...

OR...you could get Randy Quaid drunk, and put him in a F-15 then wait till the aliens start to open the hatch to fire the lasers and have him fly the plane into the belly of the ship...thats only if we can somehow get Jeff Goldblum to the mother ship to plant a virus in the ship's defense systems to bring down theit shields....

but all thats impossible...

lets just blow up the well on Thursday...

20. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I wonder why we haven't heard from Michael Moore yet?