Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oh so brave HERALD STAFF

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by old 55, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old 55

old 55 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1

#87 Jersey

See this article in the Herald.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1031833&format=comments

Interesting to me was the fact that the writer was talking so tough, but didn't have the stones to sign their name to it. Hiding behind Herald Staff.

Get the impression they didn't want to face BB after writing this? LOSERS.

I can't believe how these Boston writers are biting the hand that feeds them. Disagree if you want, but don't hide when you're throwing stones.
  2. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Cancel your subscriptions until Tomase is fired.
  3. kolbitr

kolbitr Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am not sure what makes you claim this. Those are not the same articles.
  4. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -13

As long as one of the articles is signed, I think we can give him a pass for not signing the other one. That may not have been his decision, but rather an editor's.

Now, as for Tomase calling for BB to be suspended -- I wonder what his view is on the suspensions of writers who are caught plagiarizing?
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

I continue to be amazed at the play this whole thing is getting, more and more am I convinced that the media has one thing in mind, creating more frenzy and more controversy than this whole situation has already done. Time to move on, there will be another scandal soon and hopefully it will be as newsworthy as this one.

Noted in the news this AM there seems to be some middle ground by the national press, but the local (Boston Press) continues to hammer away relentlessly.

Imagine BB answering a question of Tomase at the next Press Conference.
  6. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LOL, a profound statement this is not (no offense intended). Of course they want to create a frenzy. Frenzy equals more papers/units/advertising sold. This shaft (pun intended) will be mined for every granule of sensation. It will remain so until the new story that captures attention comes around or it becomes way too played out (whichever comes first).
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

That is my naivete speaking, for an old guy, never stop being amazed at how crazy this stuff becomes and only adds to my skepticism about all things media.
  8. lander

lander Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Guys this is an article I read in the paper version of Saturday's San Diego Union Tribune. I cannot find the article online but the Herald didn't write this. Very strange...
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I believe its an editorial and appears in the Opinion section of the actual paper not the sports section. However I haven't read this morning's paper, so I'm not sure. Editorials are the way a newspaper speaks collectively. They aren't signed because the words are the words of the entire paper. As to the content, stuff like 'We agree this probably had no bearing on the Patriots' success over the years, but its fun to speculate, because Belichick is a jerk,' Is the exact reason I see the Herald as vastly inferior to the Globe.
  10. nhpatsfan

nhpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fine by me. We play best with a chip on our shoulder. And maybe we'll lose some bandwagoners and trolls - let them go drool at Peyton's feet. Maybe he'll moon them ;)
  11. Cramden

Cramden Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This quote told me all I needed to know.

"Belichick’s gold has been tarnished. Is this why he was so good? Probably not. But it’s fun to consider, because he’s a jerk."

It's personal. I ashamed the Herald would even print it.
  12. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 2 / -0

Tomase and others at the Herald seem fond of adopting the national - "stealing signals is cheating - therefore the Patriots are cheaters"

They purposefully ignore the fact that Stealing Signals is SANCTIONED by the NFL.

What they could do is explore what additional advantage taping signals would be - as of yet I've not seen anyone put forth a plausible theory to me that says it affects the game as its being played.

But that gets them away from their thesis that the Patriots cheat when they do not.
  13. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Herald has long had a section for the "guest" writer from the area of the visiting team. This week it's a writer from SD. Nothing new there.

I wonder how much circulation increased in the Cleveland area during BB's controversial stay there? Bet the area papers made a lot off of feeding the vitriol of the Brown fans then. Might make an interesting comparative to what juice the Boston papers are getting now off this. Don't look for them to let this one die down, it goes against their interests.
  14. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +341 / 13 / -8

#91 Jersey

I was going to start a thread about the entire Herald organization "piling on" and typical tabloid overkill. For the last 3 days, they have made the front page headline all about the Pats...and in a negative light.

This is such a non-story to begin with, but to have the FRONT PAGE devoted to it for 3 freakin days is just unbelievable IMO. There is clearly an axe to grind here. I used to buy an occassional Herald because I like the cryptoquote, but now I wouldn't touch it.
  15. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Boston Herald.....(creatonr of Felger & Tomase)

Do not buy their paper.

Do not go to their website.

DO not talk about them.

Let the Herald die the death they have deserved for years.

Tabloid journalism, the worst kind....
  16. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +428 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

The staff article wasn't written by Tomase.

Not only was it written by an idiot, but an idiot who doesn't write well. I'm guessing Buckley.
  17. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

That column sounds WAY more like Felger than Tomase. Patriots Daily seems to think so, too.
  18. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

MY LETTER TO FELGY:

Dear Chachi,

It is so blatantly clear that you are behind the unconscionably overreaching column re: Belichick this morning - the "because he's a jerk" one. Sure, others may have contributed here, but it's painfully clear that you are at the heart of it. So why pull the pu$$$y move and hide behind "Herald Staff?" Good Lord, what a little wuss.

Embarrassed for you (again),
    John in L.A.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.