Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oh shoot! Veep had no license for quail hunt

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/391213p-331828c.html

Vice President Cheney had no license to kill - quail, that is.

After the White House reluctantly conceded yesterday that it sat on the blockbuster news that Cheney shot a hunting buddy Saturday, the veep's office revealed he didn't even have the proper $7 stamp on his hunting license to shoot quail in Texas.

"The staff asked for all permits needed, but was not informed of the $7 upland game-bird stamp requirement," Cheney's office said in a statement last night.

Although he was hunting illegally when he blasted Austin millionaire Harry Whittington, Cheney will get off with a warning from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, his office said.

I guess if the President can be above the law, so can the Vice President. As they say, it's a culture of corruption in the Republican run Washington, DC.

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I hate the guy as much as anyone in that Administration, but what're they going to do to him for hunting without a license? At worst it's a fine, but anyone else would probably get a warning too if they weren't flaunting the law.

3. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Pujo, the right-wing approaches politics with the view that when a man is down you keep on kicking, so this is just a little bit of the same. Of course, it's no big deal that he was hunting without a license, but pile it on top of all his other wrongs and it further puts into relief the image of Cheney as a morally bankrupt and corrupt leader.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Agreed, it does, but I think muddling issues doesn't help. The next time someone you support screws up (and they will, everyone does), everyone will be crying "You wanted to send Cheney to jail for not getting an $8 hunting tag!", while you and I both know that's not the real issue with Cheney.

5. JLC

JLC Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If the VPOTUS (is that a word?) calls and asks for ALL permits needed, and complies with everything that is asked of him, what else does anyone expect? If you had made the request and complied with everything the "controlling authority" had informed you of, would you be a bit put out to discover they hadn't given you everything you needed? He paid the big $$ for the license, why would he try and avoid the $7?

I seriously doubt any of us would care to undergo the scrutiny of "all our wrongs stacked on top of one another." This is just silly.

6. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

JLC, I thought ignorance of the law was no excuse? Doesn't that apply to VPs? It's not a big deal, but it does fit Cheney's MO.