Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oh Oh! Here we go.Israel taking it to Hamas!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patradomous, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Top Hamas commander killed in Israeli airstrike...
    Israel launches Operation Pillar of Cloud...
    Hits 20 underground rocket sites in Gaza...
    Rockets explode in Israeli border town...
    drudge

that'll leave a mark
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Not to long ago prominent left wing american liberals would have applauded this, soon we will hear what they have to say today,
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

4. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who cares?

Not my problem, let them blow each other up, they deserve each other.:cool:

You want to play G.I Joe and wars games, then by all means do! The rest of the grown ups in the world will solve their problems the adult way.

Fighting is so 20th century....:bricks:
  5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

Strategic deterrence doctrine.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +191 / 3 / -10

I'm rooting for Israel.....:singing:
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree.

They can both rot in hell for all I care. Neither group deserves to be taken seriously because neither one is advanced beyond the early 20th century.
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 6 / -8

I'm perfectly happy with people saying "I don't think this affects me because I'm an American." It's a defensible thesis.

But for an American to say that "neither one is advanced beyond the early 20th century," one has to ask exactly what the chronological measuring stick is.

I take it that this is meant to be a linear progression, that unpleasant business in the middle of the 20th century notwithstanding. I take it that we mean that Israel and the Palestinians aren't up to high U.S. standards. I take it that for purposes of this argument, we're ignoring tens of thousands of Iraqi deaths in the last decade, and thousands more Afghanis.

Or do you mean technologically? The statement is similarly hollow. The drones we love so much now came from Israel here not vice versa. I don't think anybody's noticed too many horse-drawn carts clogging the streets of Tel Aviv of late.

So if you want to just think Israel and the Palestinians do not affect you, okay fine.

But don't pull this snotty imperialist viewpoint out to gild the lily. If you mean causing violent deaths, it's a case of throwing stones from a glass house. If you mean technological progress, that's not much more defensible. Israel's one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world.

What does that mean, that "neither has advanced since the early 20th century"?

PFnV
  9. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It could be your problem if this really gets out of hand and draws all the countries in the region into a war. Russia still backs syria and iran, while we back isreal. What do you think would happen if iran and egypt turned on isreal and brought a few others with them. This isn't like the old days where isreal was superior in fighting ability, hamas gave them all they could handle just a few years ago.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I was referring to cultural, moral, political and emotional progress. And I wasn't talking about the 20th century A.D. either. I forgot to make that distinction. This crap has been going on for what seems like an eternity.

I'm nearly 50 years old and my entire life has been speckled with reports of war between Israle and its neighbors followed by blurbs and platitudes about the "Peace Process". I don't think I'm alone when I say I'm sick and tired of it and could no longer give a damn what happens to either side. They act like the primitive tribes that they are and deserve no sympathy, politically. I have sympathy for the innocent people being killed in this biblical crossfire, but I'm tired and bored by it in a geopolitical sense.. It's almost a sick, running joke. "Peace in the Middle East" and "Jews and Arabs" are punchlines in bad jokes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not comparing their beefs to some moral superiority of the United States because there is none. I am commenting as a human being disgusted by an appearent inability to unify and maintain peace as a species with the same DNA. The infinite Israel-Arab situation is simply a metaphor to lash out at. Maybe we need it so we can have something to point to and say, "Look at those animals! Why can't they just stop killing each other" when the reality is that we humans do it all the time in different places at different times. I guess that seeing the conflict flare up againi just reminds me of what a rotten species we really are and how we're capable of things so heinous that it's no wonder spaceships refuse to land here and make themselves known.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Middle East

KILL---KILL---KILL---KILL