Welcome to PatsFans.com

OH MY! Pubbies running from Rmoney...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Sep 19, 2012.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

Peggy Noonan says it's time for an intervention...

Peggy Noonan says

Linda McMahon, Republican candidate for senate, says she just disagrees that 47% of people are lazy victims...

Republican Candidates Signal Concern On Mitt Romney Video Comments

Of course, you can't blame them, with their senate hopes slipping...

FiveThirtyEight Forecast: G.O.P. Senate Hopes Slipping - NYTimes.com

Downticket pubbies are trying to get some daylight between themselves and their "champion." Dem adwriters are working overtime linking the downticket races to Romney.

In this era of partisanship it's a beautiful thing when both parties agree on something. In this case, Mitt Romney is a big gucchi bag of fail.

PFnV
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 6 / -2

If you're a republican running in a blue state, you tend to disassociate, or distance yourself from the party. It's no different than the many democrats who don't want Obama to campaign for them, or disavow policies like Obamacare.
  3. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

Actually, it is. A great number of the rats have been jumping off the ship during the same period of time, the last week or two.

It is not a good thing right now to be associated with the Rmoney experiment. The rats are jumping ship left, right, and center. Peggy Noonan thinks pubbies need to stage an intervention to get his fusterclock of a campaign running again.

And you guys all know you'll be retroactively toeing the "our candidate was weak, that's why we lost" line in two months.

And you prescription in four years? "Run a real conservative." I.e., tack farther to the right, work harder to alienate large swaths of the electorate. Focus more and more on straight white christian males, and try to ream everybody else by policy and disenfrachise them state by state.

But then it'll be eight years since 2008, and the shifts that sank you to begin with will just be that much more embedded in the fabric of the country.

Looking forward to the next battle in the Republican civil war as much as anybody after the election, but somehow I don't think the "resurgently moderate" GOP will be the result. So, we'll see what rises up to replace it, in a decade or two.

PFnV
  4. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 8 / -26

#75 Jersey

That makes perfect sense doesn't it? The problem though is with the uneven way that those positions are portrayed by the mediots. The lemmings follow right along.

I'm still waiting for SNL to do a skit about Barack Hussein Obama's stuttering response to a heckler at NU during the Brown vs Coakley race. If a republican stumbled around like that, some phoney award would already be in the hands of the talentless SNL crew.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

SNL is the culprit and the right plays victim again.. what did Mitt say about victims ???

Who watches SNL?? Old time hippies and not too many right wingers..
  6. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hello [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +561 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Listening to "Morning Joe" just now and I heard one of the best summations on the situation yet........

"Mitt Romney might be convincing people not to vote for Barack Obama but he's not convincing them to vote for Mitt Romney."
  8. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 5 / -17

#87 Jersey

Saw a poll yesterday where 22% of the people say their vote is not carved in stone.
    Mitts 47% comments were a start to define himself. Of course the media hijacked and twisted what he meant from the doctored video.
    But so far he has pivoted nicley from his comments.

The debates and the upcoming carpet bombing of Obama along with the truth of Obama miserable ME failures and the continual economic disaster.
    Will be enough to convince voters that Mitt will be a safe alternative then giving the man child another term to twist the country down the toilet.
  9. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

10. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,276 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

I'm not sure the Moderate Former Governor of freaking Massachusetts goes over like wildfire in the reddest of states. Interesting to see how fervently they will turnout for him.

Your post ignores the point that INDEPENDENTS could move off the fence because of this.

Biggest thing in his favor is that there still is PLENTY of time before the election.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 6 / -2

My post was about how pols in blue/red states, distance themselves from the party when the state runs counter to theirs. I don't think that simple point is disputable. Many pubs shunned Bush, many dems shun Obama, and some pubs will now shun Romney. That's how it's always gone, especially when the most recent national topic is one they potentially percieve to be a negative for them locally.

I'm curious to see where indies go with this. I don't think we genuinely know. I don't. My initial reaction was that his 47% comment might do more harm than good, but I'm not certain it will.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

"Took another position..."

[​IMG]

TPaw, we hardly knew ye.
  14. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,276 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

........SIX weeks before a Presidential Election Campaign of which he is co-chair.

Denial ain't a river in Egypt. :D
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  15. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Not too mention, isn't it a job leading a group of lobbyists for Wall St.

Don't we have enough of those already :)