PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh my goodness, you guys are scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a Patriot fan, but I am a NY Giants fan who never thought he would ever post a message on another teams football board in my life, until I see what I'm watching right now

This team may be the best football team Ive seen in my life. I don't want to hear that its only 4 weeks in and anything can happen, Im not saying this about some random NFL team. You guys have won 3 superbowls already, and could have won last year if not for a bounce of the ball here and there vs Indy. And now you have indisputably the best offense you have ever had during this run, with a defense as good as its ever been (and will get better when Harrison and Seymour returns), and most of all, something to prove. The Pats seem very motivated by the whole taping thing (which i always thought was overrated)

Best offense in football
Arguably the best defense in football
The best coach in football
And something to prove
Oh my goodness

Please be easy on the NFL. This is like watching the 2001 Miami Hurricanes navigate their way through college football. Cincinatti is a solid team in an excellent conference, but they played the role of Temple University tonight

I have the dish and mainly watch NFC East football but I have found myself watching a lot of Pats games this year. What you guys have right now is special. Randy Moss and Tom Brady should not be legal

Please find a way to trip up once somewhere along the line, I don't want to face a 15-0 Pats team in week 17. Give me Matt Cassell and a bunch of 2nd stringers

Thanks Nick. Now if we could only add our two best defensive players to the lineup. :) Rodney this week. Richard soon.

We're an ok team with an ok qb and an ok coach. We haven't played anybody.
That was an OK post with an OK thought. It doesn't mean anything. :bricks:

Im going to have a hard time this week. I hate both the Giants and the Jest. It woudl be nice if both of them can lose.

But, because of Rat Mangini and the Jest a in our division, I guess I'll hold my nose and root for the Gaints.

Nothing againts Gaints fans. My brother is one. But I've hated them since I was a little kid and will continue to hate them.

Re: Hey Brooklyn Nick....

How'd that dominating run by the 2001 Canes end up? Just to refresh everyone's memory they lost to Ohio St. The Patriots are great and Nov. 4th should be a phenomenal game, but I fully expect my Colts to win that shootout and take a major step toward securing home field adv. As an aside, I think it's going to take a 14-2 record to get HFA.

the 2001 Canes did not lose to Ohio St. The 2002 Canes did, after losing 5 first round picks off the 2001 team

Im just saying I think they are the best Ive seen, which really covers about the last 20 years. There has been some great teams during that time, especially those 49er teams,
Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

Fromfrom1960, well tough for me because that repeat 49er team in 88-89 were the first 2 SB I ever remember, I was a little too young to really appreciate those Montana teams. My best memory of those Montana teams was seeing Leonard Marshall flatten him and the Giants stop them from 3 peating. I was a little older for the Dallas teams and they were just loaded. Those 92 and 93 teams were just unreal. If Jimmy Johnson stayed that team may have 4-peated. They found a way to win a SB with Barry Switzer

That whole 49er era though from early 80's to mid 90s has to go down as the best run in football in the superbowl era. But Im just basing it off what Ive seen, I really didnt see them at their peak

Hello Nick, and welcome. Let me just say that I'm thrilled with this team, but I'm not willing to coronate them just yet.

You want to crown them, then crown their asses! But they are who we thought they are!

Besides I think expecting 19-0 is just good positive energy.
actually, i think otherwise. It's like how Yankees fans may be among the most miserable in sports, because even when something good happens, they can't enjoy it. When you set expectations way too high, then failing to meet them feels even worse, and even somehow meeting them just feels satisfactory rather than euphoric. Nothing will top SB36 for the Pats and Pats fans, because then it was ACTUALLY true that nobody expected anything of them and nobody believed in them, and Pats fans didn't arrogantly assume that their team was the unquestioned best in the league. 2003 and 2004 were great, historic seasons, and aside from the Carolina super bowl we essentially curb-stomped everyone on our way to 2 straight titles. And now, look at us - we're trying to justify EXPECTING a perfect season.

Well, let me be the latest to say: no. HELL no. I expect to go 13-3 and get a playoff bye. Anything on top of that will fill my heart with joy and admiration. But I ain't gonna start fitting the accusation by some that we're becoming Yankees fans. Screw that from here to the south bronx.

I am not a Patriot fan, but I am a NY Giants fan who never thought he would ever post a message on another teams football board in my life, until I see what I'm watching right now

This team may be the best football team Ive seen in my life. I don't want to hear that its only 4 weeks in and anything can happen, Im not saying this about some random NFL team. You guys have won 3 superbowls already, and could have won last year if not for a bounce of the ball here and there vs Indy. And now you have indisputably the best offense you have ever had during this run, with a defense as good as its ever been (and will get better when Harrison and Seymour returns), and most of all, something to prove. The Pats seem very motivated by the whole taping thing (which i always thought was overrated)

Best offense in football
And something to prove
Oh my goodness

Please be easy on the NFL. This is like watching the 2001 Miami Hurricanes navigate their way through college football. Cincinatti is a solid team in an excellent conference, but they played the role of Temple University tonight

I have the dish and mainly watch NFC East football but I have found myself watching a lot of Pats games this year. What you guys have right now is special. Randy Moss and Tom Brady should not be legal

Please find a way to trip up once somewhere along the line, I don't want to face a 15-0 Pats team in week 17. Give me Matt Cassell and a bunch of 2nd stringers

You forgot best QB in football

Best offense in football
And something to prove
Oh my goodness

Thanks for being nice! I can't remember the last time anybody stopped by just to compliment the team. You may be the first. ;)

Leave it to a ******* Colts fan to come in and piss on this parade; he fully expects the Colts to win the game on the 4th. Are we even talking about the game here? Go hijack another thread; I'm going to be so friggin happy when we demolish the Colts and all of these Colts assclowns go the **** away....................

Im going to have a hard time this week. I hate both the Giants and the Jest. It woudl be nice if both of them can lose.

But, because of Rat Mangini and the Jest a in our division, I guess I'll hold my nose and root for the Gaints.

Nothing againts Gaints fans. My brother is one. But I've hated them since I was a little kid and will continue to hate them.

Anything to do with Chris Schenkel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye