Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oh My God (The Ny Times)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Good Lord, holy sh!t, the NY Times said we might win the war, liberals will be setting themselves on fire all over the Streets of Cambridge & Frisco.
    Poor Auntie Pelosi and her little tribe of Grinning sore losing scumbags, their little world very well may come crashing down around them, will Bush leave office an International Hero even bigger than Reagan?

News Today:
    Here is the most important thing Americans need to understand: We are finally getting somewhere in Iraq, at least in military terms. As two analysts who have harshly criticized the Bush administration’s miserable handling of Iraq, we were surprised by the gains we saw and the potential to produce not necessarily “victory” but a sustainable stability that both we and the Iraqis could live with.

After the furnace-like heat, the first thing you notice when you land in Baghdad is the morale of our troops. In previous trips to Iraq we often found American troops angry and frustrated — many sensed they had the wrong strategy, were using the wrong tactics and were risking their lives in pursuit of an approach that could not work.

Today, morale is high. The soldiers and marines told us they feel that they now have a superb commander in Gen. David Petraeus; they are confident in his strategy, they see real results, and they feel now they have the numbers needed to make a real difference.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/30/opinion/30pollack.html?_r=3&pagewanted=1&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
  2. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the war on terrorism is unwinnable
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Communism cannot be defeated."

"Hitler is too powerful for anyone to stop him."

"Japan is too determined, they will fight to the last man. We cannot defeat them."

That's right, HB. Imagine that!! Bush's daddy, looking like a hero, went down as people forgot all about Desert Storm and elected Billy Bubba (Hubba, hubba, who "... never had sex with that woman").

Bush, Jr., looks like fried dough at the ancient Salisbury Beach seedy amusement park, but you never know what you never know. Or, as Yogi says: "It ain't over 'til it's over."

Stay tuned, folks.

//
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Ann Richards after she lost to GW Bush, she said, "Never Underestimate Little George Bush".
    :bricks:
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I say, Ann Richards was a prophet.

//
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

She was also a Pretty Good Democrat, I liked her, probably because she was a drunk, I love drunks, I have a lot of fun with them.
    :bricks:
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

"Our young sister was especially concerned that Father himself give the matching, so I was particularly anxious to find the best possible match for her. She has worked so hard, with so much faith, I didn't want her to disapointed. Because our Korean National Messiah has ben unable to be with us for over two years......"
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Which is why most soldiers were calling for a surge for well over a year.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Jesus H Christ

We're Winning
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good quote!

:D

//
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Looks like we got the target bracketed pretty good.

//
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

I wouldn't get all giddy guys. There are some signs of progress yes, but it's not nearly a dent in what needs to happen, and what needs to get done. This is a comprehensive issue over there. The surge is only a part of that process. Plus, all it takes is a couple of bombings and everything changes.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

desperate guys like Harry and Fog are most certainly gonna cling to anything they can get their hands on... nevermind that this OP-ED has been roundly brought back to reality... it would be hysterical if it wasn't so sad...

John Murtha's reaction to the story:

“It’s not getting better. It’s rhetorical, is what’s getting better,” Murtha said. “It’s an illusion.” Watch it:

“They were there for seven days,” Murtha said. In order to sustain the escalation, troops would see their tours extended from 15 months to 18 months, he added.

Pollack and O’Hanlon have lept into the open arms of the mainstream media and have been given a forum to present their views largely without opposition. Together, they appeared on at least nine major mainstream media outlets in the past 24 hours.

A list of their media appearances:

Network Program
    Pollack
    CBS Evening News
    CNN Newsroom
    CNN Situation Room
    MSNBC Tucker
    NPR Talk of the Nation

O’Hanlon
    CBS Early Show
    CBS Evening News
    Fox News Special Report
    MSNBC Hardball

Of the stations mentioned above, only MSNBC’s Hardball forced the analysts to debate an opposing viewpoint. On Hardball, Center for American Progress fellow Brian Katulis called out O’Hanlon for writing a “propaganda piece” and “cherry-picking the facts on Iraq.”

The mainstream media is also calling these two news jackals former "harsh critics of the Bush administration." However, they each have a long track record of glowing reports on the war.

The media are ignoring the two men’s records. Pollack authored a pre-war book, which he described as “the case for invading Iraq.” Similarly, prior to the invasion, O’Hanlon predicted “a rapid and decisive” victory.
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

further... who is surprised that a coordinated military endeavor is showing signs of progress? the problem was never the "clear" part... it was always the "hold and build" part...
  15. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

double post
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

:singing: too funny :singing:

PC, the king of Op-ed's pooh poohing an Op-ed cus Murtha say's so.

The guy that wants us to re-deploy to Okinowa so that our troops will "at the ready". Never mind it's about million miles away. Murtha's a joke.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

here's a direct challenge: find my last op-ed link... do you even know what an op-ed is?... thinkprogress snippets are not op-eds... good try, however...
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

They cling to anything they can get their hands on, and you always.....nevermind. :D
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Think progress is a lefty SMEAR site. TRY to pretend they are the least bit objective. I WANNA hear that one.
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

in other words: in your routine failure to ever address the direct challenge, you don't really know WHAT an op-ed is, and you can't find one from me recently... otherwise, your pissy "gotcha" attempt was spot on... lol

i've certainly presented an op-ed in the past... but thinkprogress news monitoring is not an op-ed... and your assertion that i'm the "king of" op-eds is, well, typically overdramatic...