Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oh my! Get a load of this.Jobs report after the election!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patradomous, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Labor Department May Delay Jobs Report - Real Time Economics - WSJ

That piggy backed with this...

Video: Lowering expectations for Friday’s jobs report? « Hot Air

Can this administration be anymore corrupt?
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

The NFP report will IMO be delayed a week to hide the bad news (revisions) until AFTR the election.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Obama's machine is desperate and bankrupt ... but i still see him winning the prize.
  4. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -1

5. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

this is nothing new.......approximately half of the country is completely smitten with a total failure.........probably watched the movie 'the jerk' too many times
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well I hope they delay the report past the delayed election:D
  7. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -1

I know, right? I tire of subsidizing them red states.
  8. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

there are easier ways to let air out of your head
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -9

Yeahhhhh once again, unemployment notched down right around the beginning of October. By Gallup's 3-day rolling poll, it went from 7.8% (which matched the national number,) to fluctuating in the 7.3-7.5 range. You'll love today's: 7.1.

And the beauty part is, whatever crap comes from this storm, it'll be reflected in the November numbers. I dunno, maybe the contractors will make a mint. Sure seems like they would. But then, businesses will go under and others will lay off, the impact of a couple weeks without power or the need to fix up a physical plant, for a company already on the brink.

If they get it out, it'll be a good report. I hope they do.

PFnV
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not that I consider those numbers an accurate reflection of the true numbers, but the fact that you're actually in here gloating over an unemployment report in the 7's shows just how pathetic and abysmal the Obama administration has been.

B. Hussein Ofailure: Where 7% unemployment is a tremendous achievement worthy of gloating and celebration. :rofl: :rofl:
  11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -9

::ugh:: you guys just all willfully forgot Hank Paulson saying "if we don't get a bailout this weekend, there might not be an economy Monday."

I think we're better off than we were 4 years ago :D And 7.1 instead of 8.3, in 2 months? I'll take it.

PFnV
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why would anyone be foolish enough to have faith in the economic plan of the individual who promised us 5.3% unemployment by now?

[​IMG]
  13. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

so where exactly is unemployment 7.1pct?
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -13

Ok people, once again I'll bring you all the real truth.

There is absolutely no reason the labor report should be delayed as the weather has NO AFFECT upon this report what-so-ever.

All the information is from databases and its all in there right now.
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -13

"8.3 to 7.1 in 2 months...."

That has never happened in our history....as in "never/ever could happen".....

Think about it and consider voting for Romney just for the heck of it.
  16. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

I heard somewhere yesterday the unemployment rate will tick up to 7.9%..of course it will tick up "unexpectedly".

This will be the nail that will end the Obama dream.
  17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +299 / 3 / -13

And just to let you all know, there WILL be a jobs report Friday....

From Yahoo Finance:

With One Week Until Election Day, Will Jobs Report Be a Deciding Factor? | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How is this a good thing? Vote for whomever you want, but cheering on higher unemployment because it improves Romney's chances is kinda sick, if you ask me.

Obama's done things during this past 4 years that are enough to keep him from a second term, IMO. I won't vote for him, but there's 2 things you have to remember:

1)The current rate of unemployment could have been much worse under McCain. There's absolutely no way of determining how bad things would have gotten if something had happened to McCain and we had a Palin presidency. Fear of even the chance of a Palin presidency was reason enough for Obama's margin of victory in 2008.

2) No one wants to talk about this, but the truth is, we're not the same economy we were in 1988 or even 2004. The factories are gone. There is just a small manufacturing base left. No one remembered to figure in automation into the jobloss equation (or maybe they did because the corporations are still raking in record profits and stocks are doing better than ever over the last 4 years) and Romney has no clue what to do about the new economy that helps the vast majority of Americans. He will reduce the income of the Federal gubmit while simultaneously expanding defense spending as some sort of jobs program. Is that what we're supposed to become? The world's weapons provider?

Meanwhile, Obama continues to funnel money into the Iraq-Afghanistan money pit and has done nothing to re-regulate the financial, banking and insurance industries. There has been no real healthcare reform. There has been no real Social Security reform. His presidency has been pretty ineffective due to constant do-nothing policies of the Republican-controlled Congress. Even when Dems were in control for the first 2, special interests funding Dems and Repubs held any big changes in check. I think Obama made a huge error when he decided to take on healthcare in his first term instead of ending the wars immediately and focusing on jobs. Too bad the banks would have stopped any progress if there was any.

Obama's first term was a stop-gap, we were in a free-fall. Too bad he had that coming in. Who knows what things would have been like. Doesn't matter. People have a myopic, current state view of things come election time. This is the only thing Romney has going for him. Willard has noi answers. He just points to the perceived shortcomings of Obama, repeats and and amplifies them, and keeps his mouth shut. He got nothing. Good luck with Tricle Down II.
  19. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Not really I look at the tick up more as a modest correction of a lie to begin with.
    But in another sense I look at the UP rate going up as collateral damage to get the empty suit out of office in kind of like the same way the empty suit used those people who got killed in Benghazi as collateral damage for the purpose of protecting his chances of getting reelected.

Its for the greater good that this inept shameless vapid coward of a man be voted out of office before he does any more damage to this country.And if temporarily rooting for bad news on the unemployment front hurts him from reelection than I'm all for it.
  20. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey