Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oh Jesus (he didn't rise)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Now what the f-ck are we gonna do?

Jesus haters will love this one, does this mean Iv'e been saying my prayers every night for nothing.

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

http://time-blog.com/middle_east/

2. iguide

iguide Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At this point in time Harry, there are those that are so afraid of Christ and our Lord that they will go to any length to further their agenda. All people like you and I can do is practice our faith, not be judgmental of those that do believe and to not force our beliefs on those poor soles. In addition to feeling sorry for those that do not believe. They are the ones that are pooper for it not us. We just need to make sure that they do not remove him from public places. Such as being to say Merry Christmas, having the nativity on public grounds and keeping the Ten Commandments in court, keeping God in the Pledge of Allegiance . The liberal secular progressives are wrong but to afraid to admit it. :singing:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sounds like a knock-off of the Da Vinci code. Anything for a buck. Never underestimate the foolishness of some to buy almost anything.

//

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

He says they took DNA tests. What did they do, have Jesus's comb or something? This is interesting anyway. I'll certainly pay attention. I'm curious as to where Hollywood (James Cameron) is trying to go with this.

5. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wonder if they'll be massive protests about this movie being potentially offensive to a group as was the case of "The Passion of the Christ"?
    In all probability, Cameron will win the Oscar and be the toast of Hollywood.

6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Davinci Code movie was panned rather thoroughly by the mainstream, as well as the Christian, press.

Don't worry too much.

//

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 16 / -9

I agree, it is foolish to claim you have good DNA evidence to prove which DNA is Jesus' and that of his family. You could perhaps establish the family links among the individuals in the tomb in question. Assuming no possibility of forgery in the identifying markings -- and that is a big assumption -- you would have a good number of coincidences there to consider, whether the names are common or not. But that just ups the probability of the tomb being what the researchers think it is. It is by no means the slam dunk that "Jesus' comb" would provide.

I disagree that doing good archaeology is necessarily driven by an agenda meant to discredit Christianity. As I have said elsewhere on this board, we must understand the line between our own subjective truth -- that which has power for the believer-- and the objective truth, that which can be proven to others. Particulars of the various religions can have power in our individual subjective world-views, without objective proof; that is why we call them "faiths," and why the "proofs" are always disappointing failures when put to someone of another faith. But making the claim that the tomb is suddenly "proof positive" may well be a matter of pushing one's faith in a theory nearly as far as people push their faith in a religion.

Finally, to the guy who said those who are not Christians are "pooper" for it, I do not understand your syntax, but I think it is likely meant to be derogatory. Those of us in the majority of the world who are not Christian, are not afraid of the afterlife Christians believe in, do not feel spiritually impoverished because we do not partake of the same religion as you, and are no more or less likely, as a whole, to behave in a way derogatory to our fellow men. Although in a "Christian only" club, this sort of discourse makes sense, it is worth noting to that small minority of Christians who trumpet such views, that those views are by nature insulting to other communities around them.

Of course you're free to think this sort of thing about others, and it is perhaps preferable to know that you believe this at the outset of a dialog, so far be it from me to ask you to consider others in this matter. But others do form opinions of you based on your own behavior, so please do not be surprised when those others think of your viewpoints as irrational.

PFnV

8. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I can gaurantee he won't win an Oscar. This is a television program. Oscars are given out for films.

9. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Are they affraid of Christ or are they affraid of those who warp the bible to fit their own twisted, and often, political agendas?

I'm sure as hell not affraid of Christ. Far from it. I am however deeply disturbed by some who call themselves christians i.e. Jerry Falwell, Ted Haggard, Pat Robertson. It is that kind of vermin that gives christianity a bad name and are not "Christ like" in any way, shape or form.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  10. iguide

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Christ's teaching were not about fearing him, but loving him, God and each other. At least that was what I was taught and believe. Turning the other cheek to an enemy, which for me is hard to do. Something I could definitely improve on. As for the People you mentioned I honestly cannot address them as I do not listen to or follow them. They may not be Christ like" in any way, I do not know nor do I really care, if they are not "Christ like" that is something THEY will have to deal with. Each one of us will have to face our own relationship, or lack there of with Christ at some day in time. In any event if you believe or if you do not believe, give love not hate and go in peace brother. I believe :) :) :)

11. iguide

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

PFnV[/QUOTE]Finally, to the guy who said those who are not Christians are "pooper" for it, I do not understand your syntax, but I think it is likely meant to be derogatory. Those of us in the majority of the world who are not Christian, are not afraid of the afterlife Christians believe in, do not feel spiritually impoverished because we do not partake of the same religion as you, and are no more or less likely, as a whole, to behave in a way derogatory to our fellow men. Although in a "Christian only" club, this sort of discourse makes sense, it is worth noting to that small minority of Christians who trumpet such views, that those views are by nature insulting to other communities around them. PFnV[/QUOTE]

My saying that those who are not Christians was not meant to be derogatory and I probably should go on to qualify by saying that those that do not believe in God as there are many of those that believe in God who are not Christians. None of what I wrote was written in that context. In any event my apologies. I am not a professional writer. I am dyslexic and communicate much easier with the spoken word than the written one. I fact I find that for me that I often have great difficulty in getting what I mean across in the written word and I see people engaging derogatory and insulting behavior to one another in our modern world writing anonymously that if we were talking face to face we might get heated in our exchange but not so vicious. So Please accept my most sincere apology if I offended you or anyone else. That was certainly not my intent. To bad we could not have a verbal communic ation. I bet we may yet enjoy one another. Go In Peace. :)

12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 16 / -9

You're obviously not mean-spirited, whatever our respective theologies. If I infused mean-spiritedness into your statement, my apologies.

PFnV

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Yup, they have something up their sleeve, the Sex Crazy, Foul Mouthed, Degenerate Hollywood Wife Swappers are probably planning a big "ANTI CHRIST" blockbuster, it probably will have a Far Left message in time for the election.

What does their new little "puppy dog" Obama think about God, there never seems to be much said about that, Billy Blue Dress used to carry his bible around on Sunday mornings for the camera's, I have never seen a picture of Obama with a bible?

Hollywood "Dumped" the wretched Clintons :singing:

Fidel Castro is a Big God Man, do the Progressive Liberals know that, he's as bad as Jerry Falwell.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/23/AR2007022301723.html

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

Whether resurrected or not, his greatness has more to do with what he did as a human than with the mythology that surrounds his name.

http://www.jesusisaliberal.org/

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Finally, to the guy who said those who are not Christians are "pooper" for it, I do not understand your syntax, but I think it is likely meant to be derogatory. Those of us in the majority of the world who are not Christian, are not afraid of the afterlife Christians believe in, do not feel spiritually impoverished because we do not partake of the same religion as you, and are no more or less likely, as a whole, to behave in a way derogatory to our fellow men. Although in a "Christian only" club, this sort of discourse makes sense, it is worth noting to that small minority of Christians who trumpet such views, that those views are by nature insulting to other communities around them. PFnV[/QUOTE]

My saying that those who are not Christians was not meant to be derogatory and I probably should go on to qualify by saying that those that do not believe in God as there are many of those that believe in God who are not Christians. None of what I wrote was written in that context. In any event my apologies. I am not a professional writer. I am dyslexic and communicate much easier with the spoken word than the written one. I fact I find that for me that I often have great difficulty in getting what I mean across in the written word and I see people engaging derogatory and insulting behavior to one another in our modern world writing anonymously that if we were talking face to face we might get heated in our exchange but not so vicious. So Please accept my most sincere apology if I offended you or anyone else. That was certainly not my intent. To bad we could not have a verbal communic ation. I bet we may yet enjoy one another. Go In Peace. :)[/QUOTE]
    You write better than I do (I'm a stupid truck driver).

Also, you write better than some of the "brain surgeons" on here.

16. iguide

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You could not be more right. That earned my respect...;)

17. iguide

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You write better than I do (I'm a stupid truck driver).

Also, you write better than some of the "brain surgeons" on here.
    [/QUOTE]

Harry you are a Peach and someone I am proud to know.. Thank you :)

18. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What do morons like Falwell, Haggard, or Robertson have to do with this conversation. They arent Jesus Christ, they do not, despite what they might think, represent Christianity, and people like you always fall back on that in order to "twist" your own agenda.

19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Prove to me that Pat Robertson and Fallwell didn't rise from the dead. Those dudes have more lives than a cat.

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

Yeah but would it qualify as a "documentary"? When Hollywood calls Farenhype a documentary, awards the Dixie Chics a sweep at the Grammy's, and will certainly give Al Bore a medal tonight, it only points in one direction.

baaaaa.... :D