PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh, I hate The Onion and their wit sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pujo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS—As of press time, the New England Patriots, playing on the road against an undefeated Indianapolis team, are headed into halftime with an all-but-insurmountable 24-14 lead.

Barring an almost inconceivable and utterly out-of-character mistake by head coach Bill Belichick, the Patriots have virtually secured a week 10 win against their closest rivals for AFC dominance.

No Belichick-coached Patriots team has ever led by this much at halftime and gone on to lose the game.

"If we just keep playing smart Patriots football, I don't see any reason why we won't come out on top," Belichick told reporters, jogging to the locker room with his team as the second-quarter clock expired. "The only time they've been able to stop us is on on short-yardage passing plays, so if we're careful to execute and avoid any situation where we give Peyton Manning excellent field position, I'm extremely confident we'll leave here with a 'W.'"

Entire article: Patriots Lead Colts At Halftime | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Ok I cracked a smile. It's hard to be mad at the Onion. They're too lovable and funny :)

Last time I checked they aren't making fun of the Browns. It's only funny if it is completely satirical.....

Comedy Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I checked they aren't making fun of the Browns. It's only funny if it is completely satirical.....
They usually go after the Raiders and Lions when they need a bad team to make fun of.

Comedy Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the intellectually challenged, maybe. Not to mention those with short memories that don't date back to say...2006. Since one would entirely invalidate the basis for their comedy seeing as we led by 15 at that half...

For the intellectually challenged, maybe. Not to mention those with short memories that don't date back to say...2006. Since one would entirely invalidate the basis for their comedy seeing as we led by 15 at that half...
Ya had to remind me.....another 2 or 3 decades and I would have been able to move on, now the clocks starts ticking all over again....:mad:

Some people need to lighten up. It's the Onion. :rolleyes:

Relax...

It's time now to focus on making Teletubby cry from the sidelines.

I can't decide which is funnier, the Onion piece or the people here who are taking the Onion seriously... :singing:

Funny stuff, as usual.

I saw that earlier today and thought about posting it. But then I thought "too soon?" Not for me: I laughed.

Regards,
Chris

Plus, it is nice wallpaper for the locker room.

I knew you were anal on usual Pats threads, but seriously, take the stick out of your arse. It's THE ONION.

I can't decide which is funnier, the Onion piece or the people here who are taking the Onion seriously... :singing:
That's half the reason I posted it, The Onion is great, but people who react to it seriously make it waaay more funny, albeit unintentionally. The joke's not on the Pats, MoLewisrocks, it's on you, "entirely invalidate the basis for their comedy" is the real comedy.

Last edited:
Love love the Onion. I love the wit and sarcasm. I sure hope my butt never gets so cemented shut that I feel otherwise.

Topical and funny. I think I'll email that well known humorist BB a copy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes