Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oh Canada!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Jan 19, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +88 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Interesting article on the upcoming Canadian elections....

http://townhall.com/opinion/columns/JeffKuhner/2006/01/19/183064.html

Townhall is a right wing website so take that for what it is worth. But I thought the guy has made some interesting points about the country splintering. I could see an independent Quebec, and if that happens how would Western Canada deal with what's left of the Liberal East. Interesting stuff. Maybe a precursure to when Massachusetts has to leave the rest of the US.
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, I just noticed your signature. You're quoting a woman who advocated rescinding every law and directive passed in the US, going back to (and including) the emancipation proclimation.
  3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +88 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

If you liked that one, here's some more...

On Hillary:
    "First of all: Think about what a weird coincidence it is that Hillary would have made these remarks in a black church in Harlem on Martin Luther King Day. What are the odds? Did she even know it was a holiday? Bravely spoken, Senator. I haven't been this surprised since finding out Hollywood likes a movie about gay cowboys.

As Hillary explained, the House "has been run in a way so that nobody with a contrary view has had a chance to present legislation, to make an argument, to be heard."

Yes, that's what was really missing on plantations during the slavery era: the opportunity to present a contrary view. Gosh, if only the slaves had been allowed to call for cloture votes. What a difference that would have made! "

On Teddy:
    "Then this week, we found out Sen. Teddy Kennedy still belongs to an organization that doesn't admit women. Oh — also, he killed a girl.

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned that before — I don't recall, Mr. Chairman — but I don't understand why everyone doesn't mention it every time Senator Drunkennedy has the audacity to talk about how "troubled" and "concerned" he is about this or that nominee. I bet Mary Jo was "troubled" and "concerned" about the senator leaving her in trapped in a car under water while he went back to the hotel to create an alibi. "

Plenty more, now back to Canada splitering....
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Here are a few more:

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."
    Politically Incorrect, Feb. 26, 2001

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

COULTER: I take the biblical idea. God gave us the earth.
    PETER FENN (Democratic strategist): Oh, OK.
    COULTER: We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees.
    FENN: This is a great idea.
    COULTER: God says, "Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours."
    FENN: Terrific. We're Americans, so we should consume as much of the earth's resources...
    COULTER: Yes! Yes.
    FENN: ... as fast as we possibly can.
    COULTER: As opposed to living like the Indians.

"People like you caused us to lose the war." (to a disabled Vietnam Veteran)
    MSNBC (Source)

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building." (Ann Coulter in a New York Observer interview, 8/20/2002)

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."
    Hannity and Colmes, Aug. 17, 1999

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal ... [The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."
    Politically Incorrect, May 7, 1997
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  5. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +215 / 13 / -18

#15 Jersey

My favorite Ann Coulter quote

"We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. ¶ We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

Ahhh, sweet Ann. How'd you like to wake up to that psycho in the morning? Imagine if she actually held an office (Yikes!!). Can we carpet-bomb her neighborhood?
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Ann Coulter...What a f-ckin c-nt! There...I almost said it.
    FTW, you don't have any problem with this friggin b-tch? I'm surprised.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

ON ANN COULTER:

Striesand
    Sarandon
    Maureen Dowd
    Cindy Sheehan
    Hillary
    Franken
    Michale "Tub Of Sh!t" Moore
    George Clooney
    Sean Penn

Ann Coulter is simply doing what the above people do, "Exercising Her Freedom Of Speech", this is America.
    The only difference is, she does it better, she drives them insane, she is now a "household word", the liberals are not used to people "fighting back" but now there is "The Internet" "Talk Radio" "Bloggers" "Fox News" and yes, "Ann Coulter", the liberals little "dominating world is crumbling around their heads just like this" :bricks:
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

She's a shock jock, plain and simple. She's the GOP's answer to Howard Stern.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

At least Striesand, Sarandon, George Clooney,and Sean Penn have talent (debatable), but their public words are meaningless to me. The rest have nothing going but their mouths. Coulter makes her living from talking, and the sh-t she says must sound un-American to even you, Boy.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Exactly, and she is very good at what she does, also everytime the Liberals come up with some of their outrageous sh!t, (Alito Hearings) they make her look better.

The Liberal Left Wing "Created Ann Coulter", they act up, she writes a book about it and immediately it becomes a best seller.

The Liberal Left Wing keep "Coulter Going", she loves them.
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

She's good at what she does, if you consider talking for attention to be a good skill to have. I admit she makes a good living out of it, so if you judge her by that she's successful. Otherwise, that's like saying the National Enquirer is good at what they do - like Ann Coulter, they whip people who don't think for themselves into a frenzy. And you make fun of Michael Moore...
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ann Coulter and Bin Laden get their talking points from the same source.:cool:
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Yeah right, you hate her because she isn't a DNC apologist, like yourself.

This is why I love Ann Coulter look how she ruffles the feathers of the left-wingers.

It is great when she makes people like Peter Fenn, Bob Beckel, Bob Shrum, Ellis Henican & Chris Matthews look like the idiot fools we know they are.
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think she has the capacity to make anyone look like fools (even if they are fools). The message is only as good as the messenger. If you, knowing the things she says, still support her, I can only conclude that you also:
    -Want to bomb civilians
    -Want women to give up the right to vote
    -Feel that we are meant to rape the earth
    -Support poll taxes literacy tests

Sorry, but there's just no way to support her but seperate yourself from her message. So which is it, do you stand with Ann Coulter?
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No I hate her because shes an elitist snob.
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

I don't think she is a liberal.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

As I said before. "the left wing can't stand it when somebody talks back to them"

Ann Coulter drives the "Looney Liberals Insane" :rocker:
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

As much as Michael Moore drives people on the right insane.
  19. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You are right. So? Are you suggesting there are no elitist snobs on the right?
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I love the subject of political geography. I've been to all three parts of Canada and, like America, it is unbelievably different from east to west. I think that if Canada allows Quebec to break away, there will have to be three countries as a result. I can't imagine how the conservative will be willing to support the poor Maritimes who have little left but a foundering fishing industry thanks to European intrusion on their ocean territory. I love the Maritimes because everyone behaves like New Englanders, except they're not as rich and stuck up. They really know how to have fun and laugh.

The east and west are culturally unrelated as is Quebec. I hated Quebec and thought them to be a recklessly arrogant people who hated the people on whom they most depend - Yanks. It's a wierd place. Those French have a different word for EVERYTHING!

If Mass. breaks away, do you think New York and the rest of New England will come? Maybe NJ and PA will fit in, too.