Welcome to PatsFans.com

OG/T Pete McMahon signed

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Pats726, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +99 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

That's gotta be the nail in the coffin for my man Bauta :(
  3. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Unfamous son of WWE's CEO Vince McMahon? :p
  4. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

He's had so many cups of coffee, he should bring his own cream and sugar. Every team he's been "on" has been practice squad or offseason. (wiki, I think.)
  5. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

One perhaps, but I can't help noting that Bauta was listed at 285 lbs - I almost think he was brought in for Woicik, Nash, and Davis to work with, and sent home with a training and dietary program to bulk him up; I also wouldn't be surprised if he watched tape of his college days with Dante and left with study tape and technique drills to work on...but then I'm an eternal optimist. :D
  6. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +102 / 25 / -17

No Jersey Selected

Here's a couple of pre-draft write-ups on Mr. McMahon, this one from SI.com:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/59857.html

This one's from NFLDraftScout, via USAToday.com:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Mcmahon,Pete-OT+OG-Iowa.htm

PFW ranked him #155 overall, 6 spots behind Britt:
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft Insider/2005/Printout2ROP.htm

So the guy def. carried a draftable grade in '05, in the same class with Mankins, Kaczur, Britt & Dan Connolly. He's probably better-suited at RG in this offense, at which he has a season's worth of experience at Iowa. I would still feel more comfortable, however, if the FO signed a professional interior lineman, e.g.: Chris Naeole, John Welbourn, or Agawam's own Mike Flynn, so that we no longer have to suffer with the weak turnstile Russ Hochstein. And if Billy Yates were part of the solution, he would have been activated more often during the season. I'm still dismayed that the FO didn't draft OG Roy Schuening and/or sign FA RG/RT Shane Olivea.

Protecting our QB should be the #1 priority of both the pro & college scouting depts. Let no stone be left unturned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.