PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OG and C Who do you like?

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Unless I go to a draft board and read the who's who; I don't know who would be a good pick or not.
I am old school and believe you win on lines. When the Jets got Mangold at Center I hated it. Its not a glamour pick but he's one of the best in the lead.

We need a C and OG next year. There should be a solid pick in the first 2 rounds and maybe another later in the day.

If you watch the Browns of any other bad teams QB getting pressured play after play(OR US) its not hard to see what's important to winning.

I do know OG's Mike Iupati Idaho and Mike Johnson Bama are good but have no info on centers.
Who do you like out there that you woudn't mind us drafting?
thanks

Mike Johnson from Alabama. Looked amazing in the BCS Championship Game. Centers...Matt Tennant BC...maybe..Charles Brown as an OT...move Light to the right or trade him.

We could get a C/OG. There were several top choices last year. Belichick passed on all of them and ended up with Ohrnberger. I suspect that an OT/RG is more likely.

We could get a C/OG. There were several top choices last year. Belichick passed on all of them and ended up with Ohrnberger. I suspect that an OT/RG is more likely.

Yeah, they probably release Rich Ohrnberger and George Bussey in a year or two after they will realize that they made another mistake.

Y'all know my feelings on Iupati (he's a beast). Johnson would be a solid choice as well. Brian Bulaga could also transition well to RG. Vlad Ducasse as well.

Centers are pretty week this year, although Tennant is a decent player. Not sure he'd be an upgrade over Koppen.

4th and 5th round draft choices who don't turn out ro be starters are failures to hit the lottery, not mistakes.

Yeah, they probably release Rich Ohrnberger and George Bussey in a year or two after they will realize that they made another mistake.

Last edited:
Iupati and Ducasse are the only guys I really like for OG, Pouncey at C (if he comes out).

I do like Tim Barnes out of Mizzou, but I doubt he comes out.

Iupati and Ducasse are the only guys I really like for OG, Pouncey at C (if he comes out).

I do like Tim Barnes out of Mizzou, but I doubt he comes out.

I like Iupati and Ducasse as well. I also like Wisconsin junior OT Gabe Carimi, who projects to either RT or RG and who I like every bit as much as Iupati and Ducasse. He's a 6'7" 325# mauler who doesn't do that well in space but is nasty. I think that Maurkice Pouncey could be dominant at both OG and OC. All 4 of those guys (assuming Pouncey and Carimi declare) are worth top 50 picks IMHO. A half a step behind them are Alabama OG Mike Johnson and Florida OG Mike Pouncey, who I think are top 75 guys.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back