PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offseason Winners per Mike Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunzoburns

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The following are this year's offseason award winners for the Patriots. Winners are determined on a combination of performance, improvement from past years, and attendance, and receive a preferred parking spot at Gillette Stadium.

QB Tom Brady
QB Matt Cassel
RB Kevin Faulk
G Stephen Neal
CB Chad Scott
LB Adalius Thomas
DE Ty Warren
WR Wes Welker
OLB Pierre Woods

You have the usual suspects but I am intrigued by the fact Pierre Wood made this list. Maybe he can make a contribution on defense this year…. Gotta feel for Chad Scott because you know he worked his tail off if he made this list.

Woods seems to be making every list, you can't help but feel good about him. Interesting that two of the new guys are there too :rocker:

Guys that need to be leading by example - are leading by example. I'm sure some of the others would be leading by example if it weren't for injuries or surgeries.

Woods seems to be making every list, you can't help but feel good about him.

I will try to restrain myself about Woods, the youngest guy on the list.

Uh oh, restraint breaking down...

PIERRE! :horn: :woohoo:

Cannot wait for the announcers to screw this up about Brady.. they will pan on the parking lot and assume that he gets that spot just because he is #12 and not because of all of the off season work.. pretty impressive considering his exploits in Manhattan, Brazil and everywhere else.. from all the news one would get the impression that he was just jet setting off season and not focusing on Pats stuff.

Last edited:
Love seeing Woods on that list.

Gotta feel bad for C. Scott. All that work just to blow out a knee and have your season ruined. SUCKS!

Love seeing all of these guys on that list, especially the newcomers and the up and comers.

I will try to restrain myself about Woods, the youngest guy on the list.

Uh oh, restraint breaking down...

PIERRE! :horn: :woohoo:

Ha ha!!!.......

Didn't it used to be one space?

They must have expanded the paring lot.:p

Woods is very nice to see, but the two names that leap off that list for me are Stephen Neal and Matt Cassel. O-line performance was questionable last season, though it looks better in hindsight given Breer's report that the Maroney-targeted zone blocking scheme started last year. Neal winning this award was my first catch, but Cassel, who was hiding in Brady's shadow when I read the list through the first time, has me thinking that #2 QB may work out just fine if the worst ever occurs. Quite an encouraging list, though sad for Chad Scott, we see yet another reason why BB is high on him.

EDIT: Silly me, upon further reflection I'm also drawn to the Adalius Thomas and Wes Welker awards - now just what was it about these two that had Belichick & Co. running after them with the corporate credit card? That final push for one last Super Bowl theory looks even more like panicky prayer.

Last edited:
Cannot wait for the announcers to screw this up about Brady.. they will pan on the parking lot and assume that he gets that spot just because he is #12 and not because of all of the off season work.. pretty impressive considering his exploits in Manhattan, Brazil and everywhere else.. from all the news one would get the impression that he was just jet setting off season and not focusing on Pats stuff.

Yea....no kidding. Tom doesn't have time to fart. Maybe he has a body double.

The following are this year's offseason award winners for the Patriots. Winners are determined on a combination of performance, improvement from past years, and attendance, and receive a preferred parking spot at Gillette Stadium.

QB Tom Brady
QB Matt Cassel
RB Kevin Faulk
G Stephen Neal
CB Chad Scott
LB Adalius Thomas
DE Ty Warren
WR Wes Welker
OLB Pierre Woods

This list confuses me. I thought that the off season winners picked the music played at practice. Over the weekend I think it was Reiss who reported the music played was country. This list doesn't strike me as heavy with country music lovers. I could be wrong but...

This list confuses me. I thought that the off season winners picked the music played at practice. Over the weekend I think it was Reiss who reported the music played was country.
That's because there was a country music festival going on at the stadium. And believe me, you don't want to go to a country music festival and demand that they play some non-country.

Last edited:
It is funny that the list is all seasoned vets and then Pierre Woods who is a undrafted free agent going into his second year. Bodes well for him.

Woods' name is obviously a pleasant surprise. However, to me seeing two new guys on that list, Welker and Thomas, tells me that they didn't sip the kool-aid, they funneled that stuff.

If the reports are true, that Moss was around as much as reported, then the fact that these guys are buying into the "Patriot Way" speaks volumes for this staff and the leaders on team. Hopefully the media takes note of how the new guys jump on board, regardless of history, and should the Pats make another splash in the future, we won't hear about how this could blow up in the team's face because of someone's "checkered past".

I never thought I'd ever see the day Pierre Woods' name was on a list like this. That's just so awesome that he's turned things around. Pierre is a 1st round talent, so if he's getting his act together (which it looks like he is), the Pats got a huge steal.

I never thought I'd ever see the day Pierre Woods' name was on a list like this. That's just so awesome that he's turned things around. Pierre is a 1st round talent, so if he's getting his act together (which it looks like he is), the Pats got a huge steal.

Every time we hear something good about Pierre ... which we've begun to do lately ...
i reflect on those past favorable scouting reports
from MichiganDave
- and salivate.

Gotta feel bad for C. Scott. All that work just to blow out a knee and have your season ruined. SUCKS!

Love seeing all of these guys on that list, especially the newcomers and the up and comers.

Yeah, but now he has an even better space.

Biggest named surprise on this list for me is also Woods.

I would think this bodes very well for him for he certainly has the talent to excel in this league. What keeps many of today's talented players from succeeding is lack of desire. In the case with Woods it appears as though the desire is there. I would think that should translate into success :rocker:

Yeah, but now he has an even better space.

Handicap-decals.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back