PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offseason talk - would you trade Chandler Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It seems unlikely we will be able to keep Jones, Hightower, and Collins. Especially with Butler, Ryan, Sheard, and others entering UFA in the next couple of years.

I think Easley could play RDE and not get as beat up as being an undersized DT. I also think Hightower could play DE effectively in passing situations.

I like Jones but he seems like the one we could most easily replace, it might make sense to recoup some value while we can.

Thoughts?

Interesting timing....

I'd trade, but only for Tom Brady.

Oh wait, no need to trade him quite yet, but I'd be willing to listen to interesting offers.

I'd listen. Decent draft pick or semi-young OL player gets it done. He's been good, really good at times, but not indispensable with the front 7 depth.

Would love to get a high second rounder. Trade him to the Titans :p

Guy disappears way too much imo, HT Collins first won't be sad to see him go.

It seems unlikely we will be able to keep Jones, Hightower, and Collins. Especially with Butler, Ryan, Sheard, and others entering UFA in the next couple of years.

I think Easley could play RDE and not get as beat up as being an undersized DT. I also think Hightower could play DE effectively in passing situations.

I like Jones but he seems like the one we could most easily replace, it might make sense to recoup some value while we can.

Thoughts?

Yes I'd trade Jones if a decent offer comes in.. This defense feeds off of Collins and Hightower..Those guys are our stud All Pro/Pro bowl players. Jones disappears to many times for my liking.

No I don't move Easley to RDE..He's a pass rushing beast in the interior...those guys don't grow on trees..

Yes I'd trade Jones if a decent offer comes in.. This defense feeds off of Collins and Hightower..Those guys are our stud All Pro/Pro bowl players. Jones disappears to many times for my liking.

No I don't move Easley to RDE..He's a pass rushing beast in the interior...those guys don't grow on trees..
You could still bounce him inside on passing downs. Use him similar to how the Texans use Watt.

No. Do you guys not remember how terrible our pass rush was before we drafted Jones??

The banta Cain days lmao.

You don't trade double digit sack guys.

Pay Collins and Hightower whatever they want..all i care about

No. Do you guys not remember how terrible our pass rush was before we drafted Jones??

The banta Cain days lmao.

You don't trade double digit sack guys.

He missed a good chunk of last year... We were fine.

Problem not letting him go. We can't keep the 3 of Collins, Hightower and Jones. You keep the 2 beasts, and let the good player go.

Cut:

Mayo
Vollmer
Cannon
Amendola
Lafell

Offseason is simple IMO. Hit the reset button at tackle besides Solder and WR besides Edelman.

It would depend on (1) the return (2) if HT/Collins signing depends on moving on from Jones (3) Jones' level in the drug treatment program - if he's even on it (4) his asking price going forward.

I'm leaning "yes" to enough of those to make a move. But if the return is poor, I'm ok riding the contract and trying to maximize the potential of a player in his contract year and letting him walk and get a 3rd rounder.

He missed a good chunk of last year... We were fine.

Problem not letting him go. We can't keep the 3 of Collins, Hightower and Jones. You keep the 2 beasts, and let the good player go.
Plus Butler is a top 10 CB right now and will probably be a top 5 by the time he comes up for free agency. A young shutdown CB is a huge asset that we need to retain.

Depends on the return. But I would seriously consider it considering we probably wont keep him after the year anyway.

Cut:

Mayo
Vollmer
Cannon
Amendola
Lafell

Offseason is simple IMO. Hit the reset button at tackle besides Solder and WR besides Edelman.
I would keep Amendola if he restructured again.

Vollmer is good, he played out of position most of the season. Bring him back.

Cannon and LaFell I agree, and Mayo might want to consider calling it a career - he probably has a career in broadcast or coaching waiting for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots