PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offseason revisited: Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Remember the brouhaha over whether or not Welker was worth a second and a seventh?

Everyone on board now? :D

Did you see that move he put on last night?

I was one of those wanting Welker before last season ended, saying he'd be well worth the 2nd round pick.

In all honesty, he's playing better than I imagined.

I just wish the Pats punt return unit blocked better. COME ON MIKE WRIGHT.. GET BETTER SOON. We need you out there.

I'll be the first in the whipping line. I thought we overpaid. We didn't.

I thought we got a decent deal. But I know some fans (not just Patriots fans)who insisted we needed a "real receiver" after we got him. A second and seventh for a receiver with one career TD?! LOLOLOLZZZZ

I was one who thought a 2nd was way too much. After a couple of weeks thought it seemed like a wise investment.

WTF was Miami thinking...and then ...the Dolphins use their top 10 draft pick for a.....Punt Returner...Mind blowing execution by our friends to the south

This guy is amazing. Just like with Moss, Brady seems very comfortable passing to Welker.

I think its a given that Moss & Welker are better than any receiver we had last year. Its too early to say Stallworth is also as he hasn't done much yet...

Another question is: If you had a choice between Branch & Welker, which one would you choose? I may just have a forgetful mind, but Welker to me looks better than Branch did when he was here (I know, only 2 games, but I see no reason why Welker would digress)

Last edited:
WTF was Miami thinking...and then ...the Dolphins use their top 10 draft pick for a.....Punt Returner...Mind blowing execution by our friends to the south

That move he put on their #54 in the first half was unbelievable. It was like watching a white Barry Sanders :)

I can't believe how right Fred was on this one. (PFW)

He has exceeded expectation by leaps and bounds. I love how much energy he brings to the game.

Not convinced yet.

I never thought that we overpaid but I also never thought that he would be what he is turning into. Obviously the FO knew and we will be able to watch him for the next couple of years. He'll only get better.

I still can't believe that move that he put on the Chargers D and he isn't afraid of contact, unlike Branch. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Hey Oswlek, don't worry, I am sure Welker will set it up so he can walk on water for you :D

Who is this Wesley Walker character? And why is he standing on my bath?

Who is this Wesley Walker character? And why is he standing on my bath?

Silly question, but have you considered swapping out your avatar now that Welker actually has pics in a Pats uniform? :D

Remember the brouhaha over whether or not Welker was worth a second and a seventh?

Everyone on board now? :D

Did you see that move he put on last night?
i was on board with the welker deal from day one .but if you can believe it .i was against bringing moss here .lmao

Last edited:
That move he put on their #54 in the first half was unbelievable. It was like watching a white Barry Sanders :)

lol I was doing my best Cedric Maxwell imitation & said "he just broke your ankle son" after seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes