PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Officiating wave of the future? Woman to officiate NFL game for first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even bad calls that the real refs would have made too will be blamed on incompetent replacement refs. Add to that obvious quoting of Cedric Maxwell.
I'm not familiar with any such comments Cedric Maxwell may have made on the matter. :D :D :D :D

The game played in the NFL is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT naked male aggression...call me all the sell out women libber names you want...there is NO WAY a woman belongs on an NFL field during play...unless the intent is to institute flag regulations in the near future ...along with "gee,sorry guys for the twenty holding calls in a row...it's my time of the month" excuses for over emotional response at MEN hitting MEN...give me a freakin' break...is there ANYTHING that is not going to be co-opted in the name of this ridiculous PC bullcrap?? WTF hap\pens when she gets leveled by a MLB in pursuit??..we gonna have congressional friggin' hearings over the violence in the NFL? Is every woman in a position of power going to call for "drastic measures!!!" to "curb the violence among these animals!!!"?

I'm sorry...I've had enough of this political correctness crap....what a shameless PR move by Goodell...and that is all this is...jeezus krist, where does it end...NFL hockey??..the heavyweight championship of the world? Is that where it's all heading???

Dan Koppen could learn a thing or two from her.

Amazing that this multi-billion dollar operation relies on part timers. I heard from a contact that they can't afford the Obamacare.

you mean romneycare?:eek:

The game played in the NFL is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT naked male aggression...call me all the sell out women libber names you want...there is NO WAY a woman belongs on an NFL field during play...unless the intent is to institute flag regulations in the near future ...along with "gee,sorry guys for the twenty holding calls in a row...it's my time of the month" excuses for over emotional response at MEN hitting MEN...give me a freakin' break...is there ANYTHING that is not going to be co-opted in the name of this ridiculous PC bullcrap?? WTF hap\pens when she gets leveled by a MLB in pursuit??..we gonna have congressional friggin' hearings over the violence in the NFL? Is every woman in a position of power going to call for "drastic measures!!!" to "curb the violence among these animals!!!"?

I'm sorry...I've had enough of this political correctness crap....what a shameless PR move by Goodell...and that is all this is...jeezus krist, where does it end...NFL hockey??..the heavyweight championship of the world? Is that where it's all heading???

really? you know you fool people by walking upright! what century are you living in? i bet the sky is pretty there.;)

Dan Koppen could learn a thing or two from her.

Amazing that this multi-billion dollar operation relies on part timers. I heard from a contact that they can't afford the Obamacare.

Felger tried the same BS and he was corrected by a guest (forget who- can anyone recall?) about 1-2 weeks ago who knew a lot more about the NFL than Felger does. Apparently the NFL has TRIED to make the officials FT, but it's the officials who do NOT want to be FT. Many apparently already have very lucrative careers (lawyers, etc...) and FT status would cause them to quit.

Secondly, take the political sh.t and shove it. No one wants that crap around here, which is why there's a separate forum for it. It's been bubbling up on this forum a few times, and I'm pretty sure you've been a part of it at least one other time. No huge debates, just snide remarks. Take it somewhere else.

really? you know you fool people by walking upright! what century are you living in? i bet the sky is pretty there.;)

what color is the wall of the ladies room...does your wife hold it for you when you squat to take a pee?

Joker, here, is truly expressing his feelings...

While I may have phrased it a bit more delicately, Joker has a legit point. Some of these refs are well into their 60's. Do you really think it is a good idea to have 60-something year old women on the same field as these players? (And don't say that they could institute a mandatory retirement age for women any lower than the one for men; such a thing would be a PR disaster).

Last edited:
I don't care if the officials are purple, have seven arms, and from Saturn as long as they are good at what they do.

Something I learned on Sirius NFL Radio today was that in the past when replacement officials were needed, the NFL sent private transportation to pick up the top college officials on Saturday and get them to their NFL assignments on Sunday's. Not this year. The individual NCAA league assignors have told their guys, no double dipping. If you choose to do NFL games, you will not be getting college games. That leaves the NFL, largely, with a pool of officials who are either not good enough to work the big time college games or are coming from lower division college games or high school.

The officials last night screwed up the coin toss, that tells me that they were not prepared for the big stage. They missed a holding call in the end zone that would have been a safety but that call has been missed a ton. There were other calls that were not made that are typically let go. Not too many egregious calls that even the best guys wouldn't miss in their first preseason game.

My only hope is if replacement officials are needed in the regular season, they do not cost a team a playoff birth due to a bad call that the regular guys would have likely gotten right.

While I may have phrased it a bit more delicately, Joker has a legit point. Some of these refs are well into their 60's. Do you really think it is a good idea to have 60-something year old women on the same field as these players? (And don't say that they could institute a mandatory retirement age for women any lower than the one for men; such a thing would be a PR disaster).

Just picture it...

mean-old-lady.jpg

PENALTY!! And you're mother would be disgraced to see that kind of behavior, young man!

(Then she throws out homemade crocheted yellow flag.)

Last edited:
We had a few(3 or 4) girls on the Revere High football team back in the 80's, lol. I can't remember if they made the team or not but they were given a chance to try out and participate in some practices.

True story...:cool:

Last edited:
Something I learned on Sirius NFL Radio today was that in the past when replacement officials were needed, the NFL sent private transportation to pick up the top college officials on Saturday and get them to their NFL assignments on Sunday's. Not this year. The individual NCAA league assignors have told their guys, no double dipping. If you choose to do NFL games, you will not be getting college games. That leaves the NFL, largely, with a pool of officials who are either not good enough to work the big time college games or are coming from lower division college games or high school.
The NCAA was doing their own guys a favor by instituting that rule. A lot of them are very close to being NFL refs themselves, and would be very unpopular if they essentially crossed a picket line by taking these temporary assignments.

This thread is full of bull****. If we can have women in the army, we can have women in a football game.

Geez.

This thread is full of bull****. If we can have women in the army, we can have women in a football game.

Geez.

great idea...let's have men try out for the womens Olympic swim team...and merge the WNBA with the NBA...and get a woman to play left wing for the Bruins...geez....gender norm the entire world...and when you're about to jump out of a plane to do an aerial parachute stunt, let's make sure none of the men you are jumping with pack your chute...have the woman observer on the ground pack it instead...you first, Haley...JUMP!!!

great idea...let's have men try out for the womens Olympic swim team...and merge the WNBA with the NBA...and get a woman to play left wing for the Bruins...geez....gender norm the entire world...and when you're about to jump out of a plane to do an aerial parachute stunt, let's make sure none of the men you are jumping with pack your chute...have the woman observer on the ground pack it instead...you first, Haley...JUMP!!!

I could say you're not sexist, but I'd be lying. :D

when I was a young dog I was agreeable to all this gender norming never thinking it would become an absolute law...now that I'm an old mutt. I'm not ashamed that I PREFER to see men against men with MEN judging the men in conflict with each other...for this, as you can see, I'm called a troglydyte because women have integrated the armed forces on the battle field...nothing like taking a a gigantic broad brush and drowning me in the righteous indignation of YOUR sense of what I should and shouldn't prefer.

Geez.

Women in the army? Do they nag the enemy until they surrender?

Geez.
That example doesn't exactly help support your point because while women certainly can join the army, there are positions in the army they are ineligible for. So yes, the army discriminates against women in some ways.

Women in the army? Do they nag the enemy until they surrender?

what????????

YOU ARE A NEANDERTHAL!!! (actually, that seems like a very devious, yet effective strategy...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes