PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Officiating during the Denver game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please show me where in my post I spewed any type of venom at you. I asked a question to give you an opportunity to explain yourself. If you really thought the game was called badly you would have examples right off the top of your head like I did trying to refute a few in advance to save time. You didn't which means you were simply trolling. I don't think many people here think the Pats would beat Denver again by 22 in a rematch in NE never mind Denver but that wasn't your argument. Your claim was the refs skewed the results yet there's no proof of that. Now you're trying to change your argument and deflect.

Nope, nope. There is plenty of proof. I will review the tape again in the next few days and post my findings.

Nope, nope. There is plenty of proof. I will review the tape again in the next few days and post my findings.

Thanks Fred, we really appreciate that, we have no idea at all what you will find?

I eagerly await with baited breath.

If you can't think of anything that stands out and have to nitpick game video to try and back up your claims - an activity which can also easily be done to disprove them - then it sounds like your admission that the result really did have nothing to do with the officiating. And that would be correct.

Nobody is saying the Patriots are a far superior team to the Broncos, nor that the Patriots are guaranteed to win the next time they play them...not sure why you're arguing against a point that was never made. But they certainly were better that night.

Last edited:
If you're gonna troll, at least be subtle.

What's the record for disagrees on a thread?
Other than actual trolls who were removed before the # got that high, I believe we are have been witness to an historical event.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Was it a perfectly officiated game? No, but none really aren't
Did the patriots get a/some iffy calls? sure, but so did the Broncos
Was it one sided? I really don't see how that argument can be made.

One prior criticism/comment I've had about some playoff/SB losses we've had is that we never seemed to push the officiating as far as the other teams did. Meaning, test the refs and see what you can/can' get away with. if they are calling a game tight, then back off. If they aren't then keep playing to that level and hope they call it the same for both teams. If they had done this in the past instead on playing clean (the way they typically did), they may have had different results (maybe not).

Otherwords, you can't blame them for trying, only if they tried and kept getting penalized.

I'll leave you with this (with regards to feedback you have gotten. some balanced, some you should disregard)
county common sense said:
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Other than actual trolls who were removed before the # got that high, I believe we are have been witness to an historical event.

I wasn't even going to bother voting on this ridiculous thread, but since it is a historical event ...

Honestly I never thought this content would avoid the pull of the practice squad subgroup where so many of its kindred took up residence. But then it is a bye week and we need some entertainment.

I wasn't even going to bother voting on this ridiculous thread, but since it is a historical event ...

Honestly I never thought this content would avoid the pull of the practice squad subgroup where so many of its kindred took up residence. But then it is a bye week and we need some entertainment.

Same here. I disagree with posts, not with the disagree button but when it got into the 30s, I had to do my share.

Usually Fred's threads find a home in the PS forum quickly. But every once in a while Fred, even out Fred's himself, so we will keep it here as people are having so much fun with it.

204.gif

I think Fred is secretly trying for most disagreed, most disliked- and it's not even close, he's the runaway winner. 51 disagreed, 15 disliked at last count.

Going to be very hard to beat; somewhat like that 3rd and 48 the Jets pulled off the other day.

You've had almost 24 hours to review the tape. What are your findings?

C'mon people, someone throw out 1 more Disagree/Dislike and Fred will have the exact same # of negative ratings as positive. He will finally have his ratings called "straight" and will have achieved the equality in his rating that he so desperately yearns for in NFL refereeing. We can do this people! :D

The Seattle Seahawks were not 35 points better than the Donkeys last year, yet that's what they won the Super Bowl by. Are we to infer that game was all the refs too?

Newsflash: Sometimes evenly matched teams play uneven games. That's where the old cliche "Any given Sunday" comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back