PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Officiating crew announced for SB XLVI - Are We Happy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000army

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Officials for the Superbowl:

R- John Parry
U- Carl Paganelli
HL- Tom Stabile
LJ- Gary Arthur
FJ- Gary Cavaletto
SJ- Laird Hayes
BJ- Tony Steratore
ALT- Al Riveron
ALT- Bill Schuster
ALT- Wayne Mackie
ALT- Don Carlsen
ALT- Greg Wilson

according to Playoffs/Super Bowl

Re: Officials for the Superbowl:

Oh for the love of...I hate that guy. Flags will fly in this game.

Parry officiated Super Bowl XLI in 2007 as a side judge on the crew headed by refereeTony Corrente.

Last edited:

I'm not familiar with his style but I've definitely noticed a reduction in penalty calls this playoff season. I was watching the miked up thing on NFLN. On one play Gronk grabbed Suggs facemask. Then later in the Suggs gave him a hands-to-the-face back. No calls. There were also about four PI's and a couple of holdings that could have been called.

How will anyone be able to follow the game without Ed Hochuli giving us a ten minute soliloquy for every call?

SB referee: John Pary

It looks like the referee for the game will be John Parry. Does anyone know anything about this guy? (sorry if there is already a thread on this, please merge).

Your Super Bowl referee is John Parry | ProFootballTalk

I know the crew will be completely different - so it's hard to say.

I think he did the 2007 Pats-Colts (Easterbrooks Good Vs. Evil game). I remeber the officiating being awful that day. I clearly remember Wes catching a pass on the sidelines. Spiking the ball right in fron t of both the sideline judge and the Colts DB and walking away csreaming "you suck!". I also vividly remember this geb by Bill Simmons.
The Sports Guy: Sore winner - ESPN Page 2

Last edited:

That 2007 Colts-Pats game might've been the worst officiated regular season game I can think of in this run. It was offensive.

i dont like those stats

he seems to throw less flags for PI and illegal contact

but kills the trenches in offensive holding

he is a defensive geared ref obviously

though the way our D line has been absolutely manhandled recently, maybe a couple of calls their way is only fair

John Parry will be the referee for Sunday’s game. Parry refereed the New Orleans Saints-San Francisco 49ers playoff game last month:

Parry to referee Super Bowl - WSJ.com
He was also part of the crew 4 years ago. I don't want one of those guys here. Word on the radio is that he's a serial flag thrower. Not sure if that's good or bad.

He was also part of the crew 4 years ago. I don't want one of those guys here. Word on the radio is that he's a serial flag thrower. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Unfortunately its true. His crew averaged 14 flags a game I will now have nightmares thinking about that key Giant drive that will be enhanced by some 40 yd PI that shouldn't be called.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Crew will not be his usual crew ... it is made up of top officials/refs/judges throughout the year

Mike Carey was my favorite referee heading into That Game. After Carey swallowed his whistle when Eli was in the grasp and the offensive linemen got away with numerous blatant holds, I'm not too fond of him any more.

I will say that I'm relieved that the ever-incompetent Jeff Triplette isn't calling this game. Same goes for Jerome Boger but for different reasons (terrible lisp when he speaks).

Correct me if I am wrong but the Crew will not be his usual crew ... it is made up of top officials/refs/judges throughout the year

Correct, they are the guys who graded highest in their respective roles.

Right so any analysis of "his" stats from the provided links.... doesnt' tell us anything.

If anybody can single out the calls that typically would only come from his position that might say something.

Otherwise the only thing would be how many calls did he overturn or how often did he pick up the flag and say 'no penalty'. And I dont think there are stats for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back