PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***** Officially unofficial 2016 Training camp injury thread *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

So it turns out that the Colts lost their best OL to injury.

Funny story. How ironic is it that the Colts played a major role in having the Pats' 2016 1st round pick stolen, yet the Pats drafted an OG, the same position as Mewhort, in the 3rd round, and he is playing like a 1st rounder who will play for the Pats for a decade.

Sometimes life doesn't turn out like you planned, but **** the Colts.

So it turns out that the Colts lost their best OL to injury.

Funny story. How ironic is it that the Colts played a major role in having the Pats' 2016 1st round pick stolen, yet the Pats drafted an OG, the same position as Mewhort, in the 3rd round, and he is playing like a 1st rounder who will play for the Pats for a decade.

Sometimes life doesn't turn out like you planned, but **** the Colts.

Tossing another log on that fire, the popular pick among fans here at Thuney's #78 draft slot was OL Le'Raven Clark, who was drafted soon after by the Colts. Clark is trying to earn the backup RT job with Indy but struggled badly against the Eagles.

I hate it when players, on any team, get injured, and I think most of the regulars on this board know that. Having said that:

It does feel somewhat karmic that the teams that plotted to screw the Patriots (Ravens/Colts), and the owner who was the most clear about sending a "GFY" to the Patriots despite the Patriots and Brady clearly being in the right (Cowboys), all lost a key starter here in week 3 (where the short time before the start of the season makes it difficult to quickly find a suitable replacement), and that key player, for all 3 teams, is expected to miss more time than Brady will miss due to his suspension.*

*If the injury to David Harris (Jets) turns out to be serious and costly in terms of games lost, I may have to start taking the notion of karma more seriously.

Not good for them. He's their Mayo. And LB is thin for them. But F the Jest.

The Chargers have probably lost a running back:

Oliver was carted off late in the first half during Sunday’s game in Minnesota with a lower leg injury.

It’s unclear how he was injured or what the injury specifically is. It appeared to be a non-contact injury, prompting non-speculative speculation from the FOX broadcast booth that Oliver may have torn an Achilles tendon.

Branden Oliver carted off with a lower leg injury

Jenkins, looks serious, poor man devastated. No contact again.

Looks like the Colts dodged a huge bullet. Apparently Mewhorts avoided ACL tear, injury is now only believed to be a 2-4 week injury.

The super bowl is a long way off, but i'm worried about that turf in Houston. Patrick petersen gets dinged up in pre-game warm ups and the cards lose CB mike jenkins to a non-contact injury.

Last edited:
Ravens' rookie RB Kenneth Dixon is expected to miss four weeks with an MCL tear that will not require surgery, per source.

Cardinals' CB Mike Jenkins carted off with non-contact knee injury. Pounds his fist, knows it's bad.

The super bowl is a long way off, but i'm worried about that turf in Houston. Patrick petersen gets dinged up in pre-game warm ups and the cards lose CB mike jenkins to a non-contact injury.

It's not that natural grass at least now.

The Brandon Oliver injury, you could see the rupture happen on camera. :eek:

Rumor is JJ Watt could be back for the start of the regular season. Houston could be a real problem for us week 3.

I hate to see all of these players sustaining serious injuries. I'm sure it isn't, but it feels like more than usual.

We are gonna play them in Gillete Stadium.

It's not that natural grass at least now.

The Brandon Oliver injury, you could see the rupture happen on camera. :eek:

Yeah, it was pretty gross. It looked a lot like Cameron Wake against us last year; if you look closely you can actually see his calf muscle roll up the back of his leg once the achilles tendon goes.

We are gonna play them in Gillete Stadium.

The super bowl is in houston though. Like i said it's a long way off, but i'd hate to see one of our guys hurt in the championship game.

Last edited:
Tossing another log on that fire, the popular pick among fans here at Thuney's #78 draft slot was OL Le'Raven Clark, who was drafted soon after by the Colts. Clark is trying to earn the backup RT job with Indy but struggled badly against the Eagles.
I watched the entire Eagles - Clots game here on CSNPhilly, and I don't think that LeRaven Clark
struggled badly, at all. In fact, I thought that he more than held his own vs the 9-Wide front that
Jim Schwartz loves to employ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes