PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***** Officially unofficial 2016 Training camp injury thread *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing Vance will only hurt them in depth, as they have Crick who is pretty close to the same guy as a backup.

Wolfe, on the other hand, would be a huge loss for them...

Not sure if this was already posted but Broncos DT Vance Walker is done for the year with a torn ACL. He was supposed to fill in for Malik Jackson. Now the broncos are incredibly thin along the defensive line.

Hate to see any player get shut down for the year with an injury.. there is only 1 player in the league where if he tore his ACL or worse, I'd smile ear to ear and that's TJ Ward

The Broncos defense is going to be good still, but there is no way that they will be elite like last year where the defense could consistently win games for them and carry Manning to a superbowl despite having the worst year of his career and ranked 33rd out of all QBs on passer rating (behind Ryan Mallet lol)

They lost some huge free agents and now are losing some key guys who were suppose to replace those free agents. Ware is a dinosaur and has had injuries nearly every year lately, so that defense doesnt scare me nearly as much as it did last year. . And even with the insane amount of key injuries the Pats had, they were still a missed extra point away from taking them to overtime in the AFCCG

Cardinals got hit decently hard by the injury bug in tonight's game. Alex Okafor tore his bicep tendon, and Larry Fitzgerald apparently has a minor (grade 1 strain?) MCL injury.

Cardinals' Okafor has torn bicep; Fitzgerald has MCL injury

Definitely sucks for them and I hope they end up okay. Fitzgerald, in particular, is one of my favorite non-Pats. But as a Pats fan I've got no sympathy for any team that plays us weeks 1-4 being at less than full strength. Could make the road to 4-0 significantly more attainable.

C Nick Martin out for the season

Last edited:
not a lucky number

upload_2016-8-25_16-59-57.png

@DaBruinz ... yep, was a starter, tougher loss than our 66 (except he's coming back next year and then some ...)

Last edited:
In addition to Nick Martin, it looks like Duane Brown may be starting the season on PUP:

File this one under "week 1-4 opponents who may be almost as shorthanded as we are".

Romo went down with a back injury again yesterday but reports are that he is fine and wanted to come back to the game but was not allowed.

Cowboys fans are calling a cheapshot, late hit etc...I may be blind but I can't see any of this. Romo was on his way to slide and the Seahawks player just wrapped his arms around. Anyway, Dallas apparently drafted a promissing QB, good for them because Romo is a time bomb.

Gifs oh the thread below, I can't get the gif url.

Dallas Cowboys

Romo went down with a back injury again yesterday but reports are that he is fine and wanted to come back to the game but was not allowed.

Cowboys fans are calling a cheapshot, late hit etc...I may be blind but I can't see any of this. Romo was on his way to slide and the Seahawks player just wrapped his arms around. Anyway, Dallas apparently drafted a promissing QB, good for them because Romo is a time bomb.

Dallas Cowboys

Agreed, it wasn't a cheap shot at all. I think it's a pretty big red flag that that's all it took for Romo to injure his back, since the guy barely hit him. If that's all it takes, then I'd be surprised if he lasts 4 games.

Agreed, it wasn't a cheap shot at all. I think it's a pretty big red flag that that's all it took for Romo to injure his back, since the guy barely hit him. If that's all it takes, then I'd be surprised if he lasts 4 games.

Yep. His body is a mess. I dont see him lasting the year either.

Dallas Cowboys

I remember wishing a few days ago how I'd like to see Romo get injured just so I could see how Dak Prescott would do in the regular season. Then when I saw that happened yesterday I laughed how I wished that! Damn, I'm a bad a person!:oops:

I think it's the end of the line for Romo, with a body fragile like this even if he doesn't get injured you can't play in the NFL not trusting your body will hold up, specially at QB. He will panic in the pocket, avoid extending plays and that ultimately will result in bad QB play.

Dallas Cowboys

It amazes me how people have access to an image that loops endlessly so they can literally sit at a desk for the rest of their life and study it until the day they die and they still see something that isn't there at all. How can anyone who isn't totally insane see that and think it was dirty? He went for the tackle before Romo even began to slide and the landing was awkward for anyone - let alone a guy with a bad back. Romo may need to think about ending his career soon, though, while he can still walk.

Bears back up QB Connor Shaw broke his leg, that should put him out got the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes