PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Willie Andrews "Not just the Kick Return" Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sure, the kick return was a thing of beauty - and holy CRRRRRRAP Ellis Hobbs was F-ing BOOKING IT as he passed the last Miami cover guy and caught up with Andrews, I mean, MAN, watch it again - but...Willie A's hustle to down the punt later in the game, with a perfect "touch" flick of the wrist, was a thing of beauty, as well.

Hope the kid continues to develop into something even more special than a special teamer. Guys like him coming into their own is what keeps this Dynasty going. Great game - and a solid season thus far - for Willie A.

Last edited:
ST Player of the Week, maybe?

ST Player of the Week, maybe?

I thought of that, but then I thought of this - something tells me a kicker from Tennessee might have something to say about that. ;)

I thought of that, but then I thought of this - something tells me a kicker from Tennessee might have something to say about that. ;)

Oh yeah. The guy who set a couple of major single-game records for the most important position on STs.

I forgot about him. :)

I'll give the imaginary :applause smilie: to Mr. Andrews. I hope he continues to work hard. It has been my dream for sometime to have a special teams safety that can actually play safety (or CB, Nickel).

Ever since that Carolina Super Bowl it's been a hope of mine, though we're pretty loaded at the position this year.

Sure, the kick return was a thing of beauty - and holy CRRRRRRAP Ellis Hobbs was F-ing BOOKING IT as he passed the last Miami cover guy and caught up with Andrews, I mean, MAN, watch it again - but...Willie A's hustle to down the punt later in the game, with a perfect "touch" flick of the wrist, was a thing of beauty, as well.

Hope the kid continues to develop into something even more special than a special teamer. Guys like him coming into their own is what keeps this Dynasty going. Great game - and a solid season thus far - for Willie A.

Hobbs just wanted to keep Willie company on his jaunt, returning the favor so to speak, as, IIR, it was Willie pacing Hobbs on his 108 return.:D

Way to go Willie! Now they're not going to know where to kick the *ucking ball!!!!!

Now that you mention it, hell ya! I was stuck with family over for my daughter's birthday (it was payback for me being in San Diego on business last week) so I didn't get to focus in on the game like I usually to, but you're right about Willie and his hustle. With all of the attention the O has been getting, ST's sometimes get lost in the shuffle and there have been some great performances.

Just to keep things focused, that play by Willie downing the punt was phenomenal and worthy of kudos, as well.

Hobbs just wanted to keep Willie company on his jaunt, returning the favor so to speak, as, IIR, it was Willie pacing Hobbs on his 108 return.:D

Knowing Hobbs, he was looking for the lateral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down