PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official Week 16 Games Thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinatieri misses for the Luck:rolleyes:

Vinatraitor...........

LOL, Adam V, one of the most consistent kickers in the history of football mysteriously shanks one right before half time. What a riot ! Roger Goodell are you watching this BS ?? Why the Colts were getting a little to close for a comfort. "Hey Adam, make sure you miss this one !"

Polian and Irsay are in the lockerroom right now making their message very, very clear:

And I quote:

"Listen and listen good, you WILL NOT win this football game. Thank you Adam for shanking that field goal, a 1 point game would have been beyond my comfort level, thank you Adam for doing that for the franchise. Now for the rest of you, listen up, you are not going to win this football game, is this understood? It better be"

Last edited:
LOL, Adam V, one of the most consistent kickers in the history of football mysteriously shanks one right before half time. What a riot ! Roger Goodell are you watching this BS ?? Why the Colts were getting a little to close for a comfort. "Hey Adam, make sure you miss this one !"

Polian and Irsay are in the lockerroom right now making their message very, very clear:

And I quote:

"Listen and listen good, you WILL NOT win this football game. Thank you Adam for shanking that field goal, a 1 point game would have been beyond my comfort level, thank you Adam for doing that for the franchise. Now for the rest of you, listen up, you are not going to win this football game, is this understood? It better be"

looks like their halftime adjustments are working:rolleyes:

looks like their halftime adjustments are working:rolleyes:

Ya think?

Whoever is actually watching this football game thinking there's a chance that the Colts will actually try to win this football game is fooling themselves. Will not happen, Colts don't want it to happen, you can turn off the TV and head to bed.

Last edited:
Just have this feeling that Reggie Wayne might have played his last home game as a Colt.

Colts cannot stop that zone run scheme to the right at all. Foster has had like 3 or 4 15-20+ yard runs there.

Colts don't want to stop that zone run scheme to the right at all. Foster has had like 3 or 4 15-20+ yard runs there.

Edited for accuracy.

"And Orlovski is gonna take a hit, this is where you get respect from your team"

*shot of defender brushing off of him*

Next play is Garcon getting blasted good.

Orlovsky already has more yards vs. the Texans defense than he got vs.the Pats until garbage time in the fourth. They definitely had more scoring drives and points.

Last edited:
Colts FG cuts it to 13-9

Orlovsky looks decent, miles better than Painter.

Orlovsky looks decent, miles better than Painter.

Decent by comparison, I don't think he'd start on more than 2 or 3 teams. Painter doesn't deserve to be in this league.

Yates hasn't been asked to do a lot, but the Texans might have found themselves a pretty salvageable backup. If they maintain a strong defense and running game he'll be strong insurance for when their starter misses time.

Last edited:

And I quote:

Vinatieri was an 85% kicker coming into this game. He didn't purposely shank the kick.

People need to stop these conspiracy theories. The Colts are definitely trying tonight. They are just showing they are not a great team. If they were packing it in, the game wouldn't be a 3 point game going into the 4th.

Texans might actually be in trouble...

Congrats to the Texans for making the playoffs, but they're looking like a one-and-done. They've been flat the past two weeks. Too bad, too.

They are yet to convert a 3rd down.

Last edited:
Vinatieri was an 85% kicker coming into this game. He didn't purposely shank the kick.

People need to stop these conspiracy theories. The Colts are definitely trying tonight. They are just showing they are not a great team. If they were packing it in, the game wouldn't be a 3 point game going into the 4th.

can't charge vinatieri with an on purpose shank but i have my suspicions about the season. Coaching, match-ups and putting the team in losing situations can't be proved but seriously does anone believe the Colts as an organization wasn't trying to get the number one pick?

Last edited:
can't charge vinatieri with an on purpose shank but i have my suspicions about the season. Coaching, match-ups and putting the team in losing situations can't be proved but seriously does anone believe the Colts as an organization wasn't trying to get the number one pick?

What do you mean by matchups and putting the team in losing situations? Examples?

And yet, they may lose the #1 overall pick in the last two weeks. They may very well win tonight. And they certainly have a chance to g 3-13 with a Jags team that has packed it in on their docket next week.

The last two weeks they haven't been playing like a team trying to "Suck for Luck". I think people made too much of that. I think they just "Suck because they Suck". I didn't think they would be better than 8-8 with a healthy Manning. They got the worst head coach in the NFL and not a lot of talent on defense and no running game (tonight being the exception).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey