PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official: Vick reinstated by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without starting a thread on this here is a question for you guys....

Bigger scumbag..

Donte Stallworth who serves a 24 freaking day sentence for killing a human being while intoxicated but able to financially satisfy the victims family to get him off practically scot free?

Or

Michael Vick who had a secret Dog fighting and Killing thing going on who was caught and found guilty and spent his full term behind bars and paid his death to society.

Anyone who finds Vick more of a scumbag than Stallworth is a total idiot IMO

So a guy who walks into traffic late at night (o.k., early in the morning) from between parked cars and ignores your blaring horn and gets hit makes the driver much worse in your opinion than someone who systematically tortures animals for pleasure over many years both by financing the operation and directly participating in it.

I'd say we can agree to disagree, but based on your "total idiot" comment it sounds like that option isn't available.

For those saying Vick has already served his time for what he did, fine.

But he also lied to the commissioner of the NFL. That alone is a completely separate offense and worthy of a league specific punishment.

Coming from someone who is excited to see Vick (the player) back in the league and ironically enough, a dog lover.

A point well worth bringing up. There indeed should be consequences for how Vick handled the NFL investigation.

Bottom line is Vick served the right amount of time for his crime,Stallworth got away with MURDER by way of the almighty buck.

I think you meant (unintentional) manslaughter.

I'd love to see someone start a new thread or set-up a poll strictly focused on the merits of signing Vick... I- for one, would love to see him in a Pats uniform. I don't see this happening, primarily because I can't picture the Pats taking on the potential PR nightmare that would be the entirety of training camp, pre-season, and all things prior to Vick's first snap of live action. Couple that with Dungy as a potential meddlesome figure in Belichickian affairs and it sure as hell seems like a definite no-go.

Bottom line, IMO, is that Vick has served his sentence, on and off the field, and certainly in the court of public opinion. I don't really feel qualified to judge him anymore than that which has already taken place. So what's left is Vick: the (at least formerly) elite athlete's elite athlete- which any football fan surely would have to believe could still quite easily be a game changing individual.

Whoever signs Vick will be getting a low-risk, potentially very high reward player at this point, save the media headache of course. Vick will never be the traditional drop back, overly accurate QB with Brady-esque numbers... But what he was, and could be again, is a unique talent with dynamic abilities that can change a game in a single play... Question his make-up all you will, but god-damn the kid is physically gifted. Imagine what Belichick and co. could dream up with Vick on the active roster, even just in terms of serving as a decoy.

One big play on a Sunday in Foxboro and I'm willing to bet most critics would be changing their tune. One man's opinion.

Unintentional or not - Its a dead human being

If your family was walking down the street and a bunch of gang members ran by right aside of them and at the same time another gang in a car drove by to shoot and kill the rival gang but hit and killed several members of your family instead because they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time,thats unintentional too,correct? - Unintentional is unintentional no matter what the circumstances no matter which way you want to spin it -Donte's victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time as well.

People who drink and drive also have deadly weapons - its called their vehicle

Remorse my ass,Dante's remorse was in his bank account to the sum of approximately 4 million dollars to a poor family who probably didn't care for the man anyway

Anybody that didn't have money to pay off that family was going to spend 15 years in prison for killing the guy - I am not saying what Vick did was anywhere near O.K. or allowable to society but what you said is pure ridiculous.

Bottom line is Vick served the right amount of time for his crime,Stallworth got away with MURDER by way of the almighty buck.

Would it be better for the family if Stallworth were poor and spending time in jail?
It was THE FAMILYS CHOICE to handle it in this way.

You don't know the law in Florida and you're making yourself look like ridiculous as a result. The caps thing was just a silly thing you did and then backtracked about.

O.K. so the law in Florida,according to you says that once you are convicted of DWI Manslaughter if it was UNINTENTIONAL means that you serve 3 1/2 weeks in jail
...Remind me not to live in Florida if thats the case then,In PA you serve at least 10 years :rolleyes:

Unintentional Vehicular Manslaughter or the same thing that Donte was convicted of NORMALLY carries a sentence of anywhere from 3-15 years IN FLORIDA - Thats a fact

Show me a case where DWI Manslaughter was reduced to 3 weeks in any case besides Donte's if you want to make an effort to prove you are right which you adamantly think you are, prove to me that millionaires dont have HUGE advantages in court that an average joe doesn't have.

If Donte wasn't a well known and star athlete and did what he did as a regular joe,he is looking out his cell window watching the clouds thicken as we type right now.

Would it be better for the family if Stallworth were poor and spending time in jail?
It was THE FAMILYS CHOICE to handle it in this way.

And it was sad at that...The man must have secretly been loathed by his family.

A beloved man's family would probably had said no thanks to the money and been looking to have Donte serve as long as he could for being stupid.

I guess in this day and age,Fame and Money will always buy your way out of criminal things...Ask OJ Simpson...at least in his FIRST crime,he did.

Last edited:
O.K. so the law in Florida,according to you says that once you are convicted of DWI Manslaughter if it was UNINTENTIONAL means that you serve 3 1/2 weeks in jail
...Remind me not to live in Florida if thats the case then,In PA you serve at least 10 years :rolleyes:

Unintentional Vehicular Manslaughter or the same thing that Donte was convicted of NORMALLY carries a sentence of anywhere from 3-15 years IN FLORIDA - Thats a fact

Show me a case where DWI Manslaughter was reduced to 3 weeks in any case besides Donte's if you want to make an effort to prove you are right which you adamantly think you are, prove to me that millionaires dont have HUGE advantages in court that an average joe doesn't have.

If Donte wasn't a well known and star athlete and did what he did as a regular joe,he is looking out his cell window watching the clouds thicken as we type right now.

Look, your assertion was wrong. Just admit it and let it go. Why make yourself look more ridiculous than you already have?

I guess he's lucky that Dungy retired so he could become Michael's pimp...I mean full time mentor and dispenser of quiet strength.

I think if anyone steps to the plate, and oddly even Dungy isn't so sure anyone will, there will be a backlash that Goodell may live to regret.

The HSUS has been taking considerable flack for their decision to partner with Vick, and it's likely impacting them in an already difficult economic times. I understand they did this in the hopes of making more inroads against dog fighting in the inner cities. 7 out of 10 displaced or discarded animals in shelters today are pitbulls and they strain the systems ability to help all the other equally deserving candidates for rescue or placement. Thing is I doubt Michael's involvement will be perceived by anyone in that environment as anything more than what it is, a means to an end - reinstatement. He's only sorry he got caught. Maybe if Stallworth didn't stop they wouldn't have caught him. But he did, and he came clean and he showed genuine remorse including settling with the victim's family. He may never work again, either, and his big paycheck days are certainly behind him.

You have to teach these dogs to fight to kill, and a lot of other innocent creatures die in that process which is thoroughly pre meditated. The only thing the two legged animals who revel in that culture remotely respect is extreme consequence. 65% of them eventually harm another human. The lesson they are learning from today is everyone gets a second chance, and depending on your talent or athleticism and who befriends you, maybe you get more.

Just in case things so south, Ben better get enrolled in the Dungy school of mentoring as a fallback. Slots will be limited and in the NFL could fill up in a heartbeat with guys desperate to minimize their penalties for their own personal conduct violations. Daunte and Plex and PacMan and all the other screw ups will be flocking to tuck themselves under the increasingly strong though far from quiet wing of NBC's latest converted broadcaster.

It's pretty easy to say you'd walk away from football if your team signed Vick when you believe you know them well enough to predict hell would freeze over first. But that said, I walked away from baseball for a lot less reason. Sports is diversion and entertainment. Pervert it into something that makes people increasingly uncomfortable, like rooting for greed motivated liars and cheaters let alone soul less sociopaths, and it ceases to be entertaining for many of us. I root for the laundry, but I have to at least not dispise or be revolted by the individuals who wear it. I believe from all I've read, Bob Kraft is the same kind of fan as me...

And FWIW Vick didn't just lie to the commissioner and his owner. He lied to the Feds. As part of his plea bargain he was supposed to cooperate with authorities in furthering their investigations into organized dog fighting. He didn't, in fact between his plea bargain and sentencing he failed a lie detector test. That was one of the reasons the judge sentenced him to more than the recommended 12-18 month sentence per the guidelines. Vick's a pathological liar. Dungy and the HSUS are just his latest victims. It remains to be seen who his next victim will be.

Look, your assertion was wrong. Just admit it and let it go. Why make yourself look more ridiculous than you already have?

Just like I thought - -You have brought nothing to the table to back up your responses except to say that I have no idea what I am talking about -Good defense and proven cases like I asked you to post come up empty :rolleyes:, lets hope NEs defense is better than yours :rolleyes:

Bottom line is if you have no money to buy your way out and are convicted of unintentional DWI Manslaughter you are in a cot below (or above) your cellmate Rocko for 2-15 years,not weeks ... sorry but thats goes for Florida and all the other states.

Last edited:
I hate animals. Totally hate. Don't like to torture them. Prefer to leave them alone.

I love football. Don't care about the players that much - huge Patriots fan. Win. Just win. Don'T think Vick helps NE win, as it means taking the ball away from Brady. I trust Brady with the ball. I don't trust Vick with the ball.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you shoud get some counseling. Honestly.

Its a sad state of affairs that the leauge is so concerned with below avg Qb that killed and tourtured dogs, failed a drug test, lied to millions of people and all is forgiven all of the sudden so he could be on ESPN to be a hero again.. I hope he sits for the full six games.. He should have been out another year, but that is what happens when Espn has nothing else to do..

Again If the Pats consider him, I will not root for him, and the thrill of football will diminish some for me..

Just like I thought - -You have brought nothing to the table to back up your responses except to say that I have no idea what I am talking about -Good defense and proven cases like I asked you to post come up empty :rolleyes:, lets hope NEs defense is better than yours :rolleyes:

What the hell are you talking about? You posted a terrible post and I gave you the bloody statute. That's "brought nothing to the table" only in fantasy land.

You really need to step back on this issue.

And it was sad at that...The man must have secretly been loathed by his family.

A beloved man's family would probably had said no thanks to the money and been looking to have Donte serve as long as he could for being stupid.

I guess in this day and age,Fame and Money will always buy your way out of criminal things...Ask OJ Simpson...at least in his FIRST crime,he did

So you now feel you can judge the surviving family?
IIRC, the man was the provider for his family, and they needed the money.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that if I were killed and my family had the choice of financial health without me or poverty and vengence, I rest a lot easier with them living comfortably.

I understand your point, but you are doing a horrendous job of making it.
Donte Stallworth made a mistake that turned out to be a very costly one. (I mean the mans life, not Stallworths money).
And I understand your morality says the concept of paying for your crimes means paying with prison time rather than money.
In the end, Stallworth paid with money, and I would imagine anyone with $5,000,000 to spare would give it up to avoid a few years in prison. That does not make Stallworth scum for doing it though. In his place, with those choices, anyone would. It doesnt make him a lesser person for having the money to pay with instead of only being able to pay with jail time.
To criticize the family and say they don't care about him is just assinine, and when you do that your argument loses all of its crediblity. It did with me, but I am assuming from your tone that someone close to you was a victim of a drunk driver, so I figured I'd give you a break and try to let you know why your point isnt getting through.

Getting away with Murder is an expression if you were to dumb to understand my meaning in that regards.

Last time I looked DWI Vehicular Manslaughter carries a sentence of more than 24 days ...That is if you are an average joe who does not have millions to buy your way out of a long term sentence that is - Figuratively speaking, Donte got away with Murder

A CONVICTION carries a sentence of more than 24 days. A NEGOTIATED PLEA BARGAIN carries whatever sentence the parties agree upon. Here, due to the EVIDENCE (or lack thereof) the prosecutors obviously made a decision that a conviction was very unlikely and attempting to get one would waste governmental resources. Let me assure you, prosecutors get a kick out of prosecuting the rich and famous - to insinuate that somehow prosecutors are "starstruck" into giving away sweetheart deals is, in your parlance, "totally idiotic."

Stick to football.

And I understand your morality says the concept of paying for your crimes means paying with prison time rather than money.
In the end, Stallworth paid with money, and I would imagine anyone with $5,000,000 to spare would give it up to avoid a few years in prison. That does not make Stallworth scum for doing it though. In his place, with those choices, anyone would. It doesnt make him a lesser person for having the money to pay with instead of only being able to pay with jail time.

One might argue he was scum for getting behind the wheel after getting drunk and high though.

Study up on the law before you spew nonsense like this.

I think the guy's point about justice not always being applied fairly depending on the accused's ability to pay off the accuser (or their family) is a good one. In Stallworth's case, that's what happened, and imo the punishment didn't fit the crime. With Vick, there was no victim to pay off and he got everything that was coming to him and more.

In the NFL, the commishioner's rulings on these matters are going to be somewhat arbitrary, it's the nature of the beast. I think Goodell has done a decent job so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back