PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official: Vick reinstated by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The response from the PETA people will be interesting.. not sure of all the legalities, but does not seem as though Goodell had much of a choice.. if he had a legal choice, could get rid of this headache once and for all.

Do not see him in Foxboro though, even with Dungy in his hip pocket...

Let Vick try and make a comeback. He did his time and has paid his price. I hope that he has learned from this and if he hasn't, I like the fact that the NFL can suspend him again and in essence, end his career. He isn't going to help the NFL's image by coming back, but he isn't helping it by sitting at home either. Better to give him a chance.

I don't think its a matter of forgiving Vick after he paid his debt up but trying to get a huge mass of people known as NFL Fans to allow him to join their favorite team without tearing down the home stadium in protest,you need the MAJORITY of fans to O.K. this,I doubt owners will sign him without trying to get an idea of how their fans feel about it first,after all those fans are the ones who are buying the tickets and merchandise to the games

Its going to be tough and as some said,The smaller established franchise with fewer fans,the better fit for Vick,NE is not a small franchise and has more fans than most teams.

Any owner that signs Vick without approaching a large vloume of its fans base is playing with fire - This is a situation that owners need to address their fan base with.

Without starting a thread on this here is a question for you guys....

Bigger scumbag..

Donte Stallworth who serves a 24 freaking day sentence for killing a human being while intoxicated but able to financially satisfy the victims family to get him off practically scot free?

Or

Michael Vick who had a secret Dog fighting and Killing thing going on who was caught and found guilty and spent his full term behind bars and paid his death to society.

Anyone who finds Vick more of a scumbag than Stallworth is a total idiot IMO
I agree. There are lots of total idiots around who cannot understand the difference between intentional acts and accidental ones, and cannot grasp the concept of remorse and taking responsibility for acts.

Donte Stallworth who serves a 24 freaking day sentence for killing a human being while intoxicated but able to financially satisfy the victims family to get him off practically scot free?

Or

Michael Vick who had a secret Dog fighting and Killing thing going on who was caught and found guilty and spent his full term behind bars and paid his death to society.

Anyone who finds Vick more of a scumbag than Stallworth is a total idiot IMO

There's a difference between hitting someone crossing the highway unintentionally, and running a multi-state crime ring for multiple years.

For those saying Vick has already served his time for what he did, fine.

But he also lied to the commissioner of the NFL. That alone is a completely separate offense and worthy of a league specific punishment.

Coming from someone who is excited to see Vick (the player) back in the league and ironically enough, a dog lover.

I agree. There are lots of total idiots around who cannot understand the difference between intentional acts and accidental ones, and cannot grasp the concept of remorse and taking responsibility for acts.

Unintentional or not - Its a dead human being

If your family was walking down the street and a bunch of gang members ran by right aside of them and at the same time another gang in a car drove by to shoot and kill the rival gang but hit and killed several members of your family instead because they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time,thats unintentional too,correct? - Unintentional is unintentional no matter what the circumstances no matter which way you want to spin it -Donte's victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time as well.

People who drink and drive also have deadly weapons - its called their vehicle

Remorse my ass,Dante's remorse was in his bank account to the sum of approximately 4 million dollars to a poor family who probably didn't care for the man anyway

Anybody that didn't have money to pay off that family was going to spend 15 years in prison for killing the guy - I am not saying what Vick did was anywhere near O.K. or allowable to society but what you said is pure ridiculous.

Bottom line is Vick served the right amount of time for his crime,Stallworth got away with MURDER by way of the almighty buck.

Last edited:

If your family was walking down the street and a bunch of gang members ran by right aside of them and at the same time another gang in a car drove by to shoot and kill the rival gang but hit and killed several members of your family instead because they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time,thats unintentional too,correct? - Unintentional is unintentional no matter what the circumstances no matter which way you want to spin it -Donte's victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time as well.

People who drink and drive also have deadly weapons - its called their vehicle

Remorse my ass,Dante's remorse was in his bank account to the sum of approximately 4 million dollars to a poor family who probably didn't care for the man anyway

Anybody that didn't have money to pay off that family was going to spend 15 years in prison for killing the guy - I am not saying what Vick did was anywhere near O.K. or allowable to society but what you said is pure ridiculous.

Bottom line is Vick served the right amount of time for his crime,Stallworth got away with MURDER by way of the almighty buck.

Study up on the law before you spew nonsense like this.

It will be interesting to see if somebody signs him. Can't remember where, but I heard someone saying that the new UFL might be the best option for Vick - less pressure, earn a few bucks, show what he can do so NFL scouts could look at him.

Yeah, except Dante wasn't out there trying to kill someone. One act is clear premeditation, the other is not.

Manslaughter != Murder. If you're too ignorant to understand that, maybe you don't belong near a computer. You might hurt yourself.

And this is coming from someone whose cousin was killed by a driver who was reading a book while driving. Being stupid/showing poor judgment is not the same as premeditated crime.

Last edited:
Question to the forum:

Would you root for the Pats if they signed Vick? I know it unlikely, near impossible, that they do but if they did could you root for the Pats?

I don't think I could. I have watched the Pats since the 1970's and suffered through a lot of crappy seasons, but I don't think I could root for them with Vick on the team.

I am not one who thinks Vick should be suspended forever and if pushed I think that he has been suspended for 2 years, gone to prison, and lost millions of dollars, that is punishment enough. He should be afforded a chance to regain his lively hood, but I am also a dog owner and I don't think I could root for a team with him on it.

I don't think I could. I have watched the Pats since the 1970's and suffered through a lot of crappy seasons, but I don't think I could root for them with Vick on the team.t.

I like football, and I don't believe in the idea of athletes as role models. Pick any major corporation, and they do worse things in third world countries than Michael Vick did. I don't want the Pats to sign Vick, because I don't think he'd be any use, but its not going to affect what games I watch one iota.

I am a dog owner.

Yeah, except Dante wasn't out there trying to kill someone. One act is clear premeditation, the other is not.

Manslaughter != Murder. If you're too ignorant to understand that, maybe you don't belong near a computer. You might hurt yourself.

And this is coming from someone whose cousin was killed by a driver who was reading a book while driving. Being stupid/showing poor judgment is not the same as premeditated crime.

Getting away with Murder is an expression if you were to dumb to understand my meaning in that regards.

Last time I looked DWI Vehicular Manslaughter carries a sentence of more than 24 days ...That is if you are an average joe who does not have millions to buy your way out of a long term sentence that is - Figuratively speaking, Donte got away with Murder

Question to the forum:

Would you root for the Pats if they signed Vick? I know it unlikely, near impossible, that they do but if they did could you root for the Pats?

I don't think I could. I have watched the Pats since the 1970's and suffered through a lot of crappy seasons, but I don't think I could root for them with Vick on the team.

I am not one who thinks Vick should be suspended forever and if pushed I think that he has been suspended for 2 years, gone to prison, and lost millions of dollars, that is punishment enough. He should be afforded a chance to regain his lively hood, but I am also a dog owner and I don't think I could root for a team with him on it.

If you've been watching this team since before the Lisa Olson incident and you're still watching the team, feigning horror over Vick is ridiculous.

Getting away with Murder is an expression if you were to dumb to understand my meaning in that regards.

Last time I looked DWI Vehicular Manslaughter carries a sentence of more than 24 days ...That is if you are an average joe who does not have millions to buy your way out of a long term sentence that is - Figuratively speaking, Donte got away with Murder

You went all caps with MURDER, so don't go there about it being an expression.

Question to the forum:

Another question you could answer yourself is if Vick was a member of this team prior to the conviction and 2 years later wanted to return to NE's roster after serving his time would you feel the same way?

For those saying Vick has already served his time for what he did, fine.

But he also lied to the commissioner of the NFL. That alone is a completely separate offense and worthy of a league specific punishment.

Coming from someone who is excited to see Vick (the player) back in the league and ironically enough, a dog lover.

This is a point I seem to be missing something on. A lot of people point out that he lied about it to the commissioner and the owner, etc. Did he really have a choice to lie about it? I'm sure his lawyer told him not to admit anything to these people because if he says "Yeah, I did it" wouldn't that just leave the DA an opening to call the commish into court? Maybe I am just missing something on the timing of his lying?

You went all caps with MURDER, so don't go there about it being an expression.

If you didn't understand that expression then you have no idea how to deal or understand with people you dont know personally here.

Don't act like the web police or an attorney on this site,No one cares what you think their intentions are when they use CAPS nor does what you say make or break their day,I can guarantee you that so dont try with that crap,please.

Donte KILLED a man - Manslaughter and Murder are OF COURSE way different but the bottom line anyway you slice it is a result in it is a death - Intentional or not if thats the way you want to view it.

If YOUR family was all in a vehicle and were killed head-on by a drunken driver who did it UNINTENTIONALLY and only served a 24 day sentence I would love to see your reaction,I bet it would not a happy one and if you say it is you're a liar straight out. - Donte PAID his way out of a 5-15 year sentence,PERIOD!!!!...now take THOSE CAPS and deal with it.

I hate animals. Totally hate. Don't like to torture them. Prefer to leave them alone.

I love football. Don't care about the players that much - huge Patriots fan. Win. Just win. Don'T think Vick helps NE win, as it means taking the ball away from Brady. I trust Brady with the ball. I don't trust Vick with the ball.

If you didn't understand that expression then you have no idea how to deal or understand with people you dont know personally here.

Don't act like the web police or an attorney on this site,No one cares what you think their intentions are when they use CAPS nor does what you say make or break their day,I can guarantee you that so dont try with that crap,please.

Donte KILLED a man - Manslaughter and Murder are OF COURSE way different but the bottom line anyway you slice it is a result in it is a death - Intentional or not if thats the way you want to view it.

If YOUR family was all in a vehicle and were killed head-on by a drunken driver who did it UNINTENTIONALLY and only served a 24 day sentence I would love to see your reaction,I bet it would not a happy one and if you say it is you're a liar straight out. - Donte PAID his way out of a 5-15 year sentence,PERIOD!!!!...now take THOSE CAPS and deal with it.

You don't know the law in Florida and you're making yourself look like ridiculous as a result. The caps thing was just a silly thing you did and then backtracked about.

Here:

(c) Who, by reason of such operation, causes or contributes to causing:

1. Damage to the property or person of another commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

2. Serious bodily injury to another, as defined in s. 316.1933, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

3. The death of any human being or unborn quick child commits DUI manslaughter, and commits:

a. A felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

b. A felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if:

(I) At the time of the crash, the person knew, or should have known, that the crash occurred; and

(II) The person failed to give information and render aid as required by s. 316.062.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0316/SEC193.HTM

causes or contributes to causing

That has to be proven.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back