Official: Vick reinstated by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Vick reinstated

Vick reinstated by NFL

The NFL has reinstated Michael Vick on a conditional basis, the league announced Monday. The former Falcons QB will be considered for full reinstatement and to play in regular-season games by Week 6

Last edited:
I am glad to see this. I hate what he did but he did his time.

So he can't play until week six?

Goodell really needs to go.

Ummm, sounds like he's not actually reinstated - only conditionally so that he can participate in training camp.

Last edited:
NFL conditionally reinstates Vick | ProFootballTalk.com

Per the release, he is eligible to participate "without delay" in training camp, and he may play in the final two preseason games played by the team with which he signs.

And he won't be suspended to start the season in the traditional sense. Instead, he will be permitted to participate in all team activities other than games.

Vick then will be eligible for full reinstatement by Week Six.

So, as a practical matter, it's a five-game suspension. (Depending on the bye week schedule of the team that signs him, Vick could miss only four games.)

So he can't play until week six?

Goodell really needs to go.

It's says he can be reinstated BY week 6, which means he could be reinstated before then...I want to see what happens to him now...

This ruling seems fair to me; you obviously disagree. Care to elucidate?

He was being just slightly facietious, AND really taking a well deserved shot at Commisioner Closeau. A two-fer.

Last edited:
Let's bring him in!!!

Why doesn't the NFL just drop any pretense of having morals and admit anything for a buck? As much as I love football and the Pats I despise the NFL.

Last edited:
Did you guys also hear today that Vick has a man that is going to work with him as a mentor and advisor to get him back on track? ...... Yes,Its Mr. Tony Dungy who will be at Mikes side until week 6

Goodell said hes allowed to practice, play in the final 2 preseason games, and will be allowed to be fully back in the league no later then week 6.

Did you guys also hear today that Vick has a man that is going to work with him as a mentor and advisor to get him back on track? ...... Yes,Its Mr. Tony Dungy who will be at Mikes side until week 6

You mean Tony "Hate Group" Dungy?

If he is getting that kind of structure, maybe he could be a Patriots after all...there is no better mentor he could have at this point...

I never tought I'd say this: I support what Terrell Owens said yesterday. :eek:

The man did something horrible, yes, but he paid his debt to society. He did his time. He has been out of the game for two full seasons. Why adding a suspension of five more games? Does Roger Goodell consider two seasons and five games is a fair suspension or he is just adding games to make a point?

Let's say the judge had sentenced Vick to 6 months instead of 23, so Vick would been able to return for the 2008 season. Would Goodell have added one year and five games of "conditional" reinstatement?

I don't know if Vick will join the Patriots, any other NFL team or he will have to settle with the UFL, but I strongly disagree with the added punishment.

Without starting a thread on this here is a question for you guys....

Bigger scumbag..

Donte Stallworth who serves a 24 freaking day sentence for killing a human being while intoxicated but able to financially satisfy the victims family to get him off practically scot free?

Or

Michael Vick who had a secret Dog fighting and Killing thing going on who was caught and found guilty and spent his full term behind bars and paid his death to society.

Anyone who finds Vick more of a scumbag than Stallworth is a total idiot IMO

Let Vick try and make a comeback. He did his time and has paid his price. I hope that he has learned from this and if he hasn't, I like the fact that the NFL can suspend him again and in essence, end his career. He isn't going to help the NFL's image by coming back, but he isn't helping it by sitting at home either. Better to give him a chance.

Bigger scumbag..

Donte Stallworth who serves a 24 freaking day sentence for killing a human being while intoxicated but able to financially satisfy the victims family to get him off practically scot free?

So if you made a mistake and ran over someone you wouldn't do everything you could to avoid jail?

Without starting a thread on this here is a question for you guys....

Bigger scumbag..

Or

Michael Vick who had a secret Dog fighting and Killing thing going on who was caught and found guilty and spent his full term behind bars and paid his death to society.

Anyone who finds Vick more of a scumbag than Stallworth is a total idiot IMO

Just shoot me.

So if you made a mistake and ran over someone you wouldn't do everything you could to avoid jail?

He'd demand that he serve the maximum penalty, with no time off for good behavior, and he'd give every his every last penny to the family of the deceased. Then, when he got out of prison, he'd refuse all offers of a job or other assistance, because he'd consider himself unworthy, and he'd just climb a mountain and starve himself to death at the summit as a form of atonement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes