PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Thread to Discuss ANYTHING but Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriots pam

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What the title says...anything or anyone but!

Fair warning: I will report any posts that refer to him by name, number, initials, nicknames, acronyms, mnemonic devices, and/or oblique references such as "you know who" or "he who shall not be named in this thread", etc. etc. :p

Other than that, have at it!

ETA: Other terms and conditions. Subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Shucks, I'm speachless.

Well, that new Sam Adams Octoberfest beer is pretty tasty...

So was the Bud Light Wheat beer, although I only drank it because someone else bought it. I won't spend money on Bud.

I'd like an answer to the following question: why does (American) football appeal so much to Americans?

Here's the puzzle. (1) Football is the ultimate in disciplined sport, the submersion of the individual for the good of the team (2) America is a highly individualistic society. Is there some contradiction there? Is either of (1) or (2) false?

P.S. The first American beer I ever drank was a Budweiser -- at a July 4 picnic, with an ear of corn. I thought it tasted great. Obviously, it's gone downhill since then. ;)

I'd like an answer to the following question: why does (American) football appeal so much to Americans?

Here's the puzzle. (1) Football is the ultimate in disciplined sport, the submersion of the individual for the good of the team (2) America is a highly individualistic society. Is there some contradiction there? Is either of (1) or (2) false?

P.S. The first American beer I ever drank was a Budweiser -- at a July 4 picnic, with an ear of corn. I thought it tasted great. Obviously, it's gone downhill since then. ;)

American football: "violence punctuated by committee meetings" (George F. Will).

Well, perhaps one could reconcile those two by saying that while it is indeed a team sport, it also allows for the emergence of the individual, particularly at the QB position. Our very own TFB being one of a number of shining examples! How's that?

P.S. Mmmmm...beer! Some are obviously better than others, but frankly, I'm not fussy about it! :D

Last edited:
:singing:Wasn't there a a hit song in the 50's that talked about "boni-maron............err.....never mind.:singing:

Queue up the stupid joke music....

Two guys walk into a bar...
The third guy ducks.

What did Helen Keller say when she fell through the ice?
Nothing. She had mittens on.

What do you call a runway model wearing a fur coat?
A pipe cleaner.

If those jokes aren't painful enough, I can post a picture of Brad Childress dressed up in drag. Almost makes you want to talk about....

Ben Watson can't catch. He's a bust. :p

Hey, you did say ANYTHING but Maroney. I just wanted to bring 2008's tired old discussion back. :p

:singing:Wasn't there a a hit song in the 50's that talked about "boni-maron............err.....never mind.:singing:

I've deemed this as violating both the "nickname" and "oblique reference" rules of the thread all in one post. Good show!

REPORTED!!!!!!! :mad: :p

The p90x recovery drink taste like a creamsicle.

Hey, you did say ANYTHING but Maroney. I just wanted to bring 2008's tired old discussion back. :p

Well, considering my current avatar and location, it's obvious I don't like this post one bit! Unfortunately for me, you did obey the thread rules and have narrowly avoided an otherwise certain reporting! :mad: :p

Last edited:
Well, considering my current avatar and location, it's obvious I don't like this post one bit! Unfortunately for me, you did obey they thread rules and have narrowly avoided an otherwise certain reporting! :mad: ;)

How's the weather at where you are? Cloudy with a chance of bust? :D

Sadly the non#$$%%^% thread has 13 posts and the #$$%%^^ threads have 450.
Nice try, but you are being overwhelmed by the single-minded.

Sigh...isn't that ever the case?

No worries...what I lack in single-mindedness I make up for with persistence!

:beatingcoming:

Here's a thought: Too early to start contemplating that the Pats may produce another ROY this season? I think I'll put a preliminary ballot in for Edelman as OROY. Assuming he comes back quickly and steps right back into things. What say you?

EDIT: And I just 5 starred my own thread! HA!

Last edited:
So was the Bud Light Wheat beer, although I only drank it because someone else bought it. I won't spend money on Bud.

For real? I absolutely hate budweiser, but I've actually been wanting to give that a try.

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone's quietly reversed course; they're all pretending that they didn't spend the past 4 years trashing on Watson at every opportunity, and that they didn't want him cut as recently as this preseason ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes