PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL Sunday 1/4/2014 Wild Card games thread

I talk about various topics. However, you are not the authority of when or what I should talk about. You are being confrontational saying to go to christian mingle. Than when you found out I like the pats and 49ers which I said from day one. You come at me with your question about would I root for the 49ers or pats?Ask pherin if it were the saints vs pats who would they root for. Maybe they will be up to doing your trivia game

I don't think religion should be discussed in this forum. When you say, Colin is a good guy because he has bible tattoos, that is a religious statement. It is inflammatory to those that believe that the bible is literature from a very unenlightened period in human history and nothing more. You can believe in the bible or the tooth fairy in this country, and I will defend your right to do so, but I would prefer not to hear about it here (and I believe the forum rules prohibit it, although I confess I'm no expert on what the rules are here).

You pointed out Colin's supposed contradiction, yet you didn't call out the others for their contradictions.

lol, So now I have to note everyone's contradictions? Have a nice night CC, don't take this stuff to personal, it's only sports fandom.

Peace:cool:

at this point,I think a little religious reflection is warranted and I wish to offer one and all the opportunity to pursue this further at....

Joe Kerr's Church Of Good Looks

at the conclusion of every service, Pastor Buck will close with the patented JKCofGL's end prayer...Oh ye faithful...Ye look GOOD!....contributions of no less than $500 will be accepted at the door upon leaving church..thank you..

I think it is very disrespectful of you to call people of faith bible thumpers. I also think it is wrong to generalize those of faith as judge mental. There's judgmental people and non judgmental people from all walks of life. A person's faith or lack of has nothing to do with it.

dont you think your time would be better spent helping the homeless, feeding the hungry? you know Gods work. Not being a fake Christian on a football forum.
Dont remeber mother teresa ever logging in.

dont you think your time would be better spent helping the homeless, feeding the hungry? you know Gods work. Not being a fake Christian on a football forum.

I am very much a Christian. So for you to call someone like myself fake is a reflection on you by insulting other posters. Bigotry and hate at its finest.

So then the point goes you don't know what is in Colin's heart. Only God does, so you shouldn't be going around acting as if he is the devil or something.

Kaepernick may not be the Devil himself, but he is an AHole, as is Cam Newton.
I hope they both suffer career-ending injuries next week, as well as Richard Sherman.

Have a nice night CC, don't take this stuff to personal, it's only sports fandom.

Peace:cool:

I would agree with Rob, CC.

Don't take any of this too personally. I understand that your intentions are very good. I don't personally dispute that in the least. However, there are some who may have had some bad experiences with anything relating to religion, and/or who simply wish to keep it separate in their football discussions.

Just keep in mind that when someone confronts you, they don't necessarily mean it to come out quite as confrontational as it may appear to you. There are many who respect you here, they just would prefer that you keep it more football oriented--that's all. I think you've made some nice progress in that area from when you first joined, so I am personally a bit more tolerant than some others.

I understand that your beliefs and faith are something very near to your heart, and that those subjects are at the top of your list. That is more than admirable in my opinion. Just keep in mind that religion is one of the most controversial subjects out there, so not everyone is going to agree with you about bible verse tattoos etc making someone a good person.

I'm confused as to which game changing mistake was Rodgers. Was it when he dropped what would probably have been the game sealing pick-6, or when he blew contain on Kapaernick on a 3rd and long because he was too impatient to follow the game plan?

So was it Brady that blew a 21-6 at halftime and a 34-31 lead with under 4 minutes to go? Or allowed two SB winning drives?

Because the media doesn't care that he had his team in the lead and it was the defense that came up short. If Brady gets knocked for those losses, Rodgers most certainly can be knocked too.

Fact is if Brady's defense does their job he is probably 6-0 in the SB. But the media won't tell you that, they put those losses on Brady as it helps lessen the shine of his career in their minds. Because their golden football God Manning has been such a choke artist in the playoffs.

So was it Brady that blew a 21-6 at halftime and a 34-31 lead with under 4 minutes to go? Or allowed two SB winning drives?

Because the media doesn't care that he had his team in the lead and it was the defense that came up short. If Brady gets knocked for those losses, Rodgers most certainly can be knocked too.

Fact is if Brady's defense does their job he is probably 6-0 in the SB. But the media won't tell you that, they put those losses on Brady as it helps lessen the shine of his career in their minds. Because their golden football God Manning has been such a choke artist in the playoffs.

Rodgers didn't have an intentional grounding for a safety and he didn't have an INT. That certainly sets this game apart from Brady's SB loss in 2011 and from Brady's AFCCG loss in 2012. Also, Rodgers got to 20 points, which Brady didn't reach in either SB.

Pointing to Rodgers after this game makes no sense.

Rodgers didn't have an intentional grounding for a safety and he didn't have an INT. That certainly sets this game apart from Brady's SB loss in 2011 and from Brady's AFCCG loss in 2012. Also, Rodgers got to 20 points, which Brady didn't reach in either SB.

You've got no point here beyond being needlessly bitter towards the media and mistakenly trying to use Rodgers as some apt comparison.

Well lets see. Tom got us a TD with only a couple minutes left in 2007. All they had to do was stop the NYG from the endzone. Second SB we all know what happened. We drained clock even with the Wes drop. Again the defense needed to keep NYG out of the end zone. Brady had us in position with to win. The D only needed to keep the giants out of the end zone on each drive. They failed. It is a team sport. Brady did his job by giving us the lead and the defense needed to stop 1 long drive and the defense didn't do it.

Pointing to Rodgers after this game makes no sense.

And the game doesn't fall on Rodgers either. He tied the game. His defense only needed to keep them from passing the 37 yard line. They failed. You can always say he could have scored more points. But the fact is, the defense didn't do their job.

And the game doesn't fall on Rodgers either. He tied the game. His defense only needed to keep them from passing the 37 yard line. They failed. You can always say he could have scored more points. But the fact is, the defense didn't do their job.

Deus's main point is blaming Rodgers or comparing him to Manning's playoff chokes is silly. He has a 6-4 record, 19 TDs to 5 INTs, and a qbr over 100 in the playoffs.

Deus's main point is blaming Rodgers or comparing him to Manning's playoff chokes is silly. He has a 6-4 record, 19 TDs to 5 INTs, and a qbr over 100 in the playoffs.

Yeah I don't blame Rodgers or say a choker. The defense gave up a back breaking, drive at the end. It is a team game. To win in the playoffs, you have to play as a team, meaning everyone has to do their job. Manning doesn't do his, and the pats & GB's D didn't. Plain and simple.

Here is the last second field goal by the 69ers i mean 49ers

Missed it by that much

Here is the last second field goal by the 69ers i mean 49ers

Missed it by that much

There was a penalty on the play that wasn't heard on the TV broadcast.

Had GB blocked the kick, SF would have had another shot from 5 yds closer.

Pherein, I know discussions can get heated, posters can mix it up pretty good, you/the christian cat are currently mixing it up. It happens, whatever. But, IMHO, the post above is bad form......shaky ground to walk on when you call someone out as not doing what god expects them to simply because he takes time to post on a Patriots forum.
I'm not telling you what to do/what not to do (it's not my place), I'm just giving you some friendly advice that seems clearly bad form to me....

well, you know, at this point I think you should all be made aware that I just talked to God.

yeah, it's true....and she told me "take out the garbage...take out the garbage" in a thunderous voice from behind the fiery kitchen stove....I was tempted to say "You cooked it...You take it out.."..but held my blasphemous tongue, for I realized that one misplaced complaint on my part and She would have me pack everything up ,making me wander the wilderness of the Fort Lauderdale desert for the next 40 years....shudder....God's whine..er...wine , can be a bitter potion sometimes.

BdRVGwRCEAA6AfP.jpg

Awesome weekend of football. Every game was fun to watch.
Love watching Luck and Kaepernick play. Just imagine how good those two are going to be in 5 years. Scary scary thought.
Andy Dalton, what a mess and what an excuse maker. That guy is a loser who will never lead any team anywhere.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back