PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Steelers vs. Pats POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team has no veteran leadership. Where is the old Brady that used to fire up his teammates on the sidelines? The defense is young and still has a lot to learn. A lot of the players are coming into these games looking lost for some reason. They had almost 2 weeks to gameplan for today & thats what they showed for it? Just a little disappointed,I expected them to be a lot more prepared today. On to the next one.

We had no reason to onside kick.

Of course the needed to onside kick. Same reason he went for it on fourth in the Colts game - he knew his defense would fail (or if you rather - he felt kicking onside gave him the best chance to win).

Another thing......Gronk's "non TD" didn't deserve slowing down the offense to allow for the coaches to get a look at it? We go into a no-huddle so that the TV crews keep the cameras on the field and don't replay one of the bigger plays of the game? Who called that bit of stupidity? It's not like we ran the play right away we still took a lot of valuable time off the clock.

This frustrated me to no end. BB should have challenged the play regardless. The worst that could have happened was a wasted time out, which would have done us no good anyway if the alternative was to waste 30 seconds while the replay "was being looked at on the sidelines".

As this thread did get screwed up by merges, I have started another. I'll close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes