Official: Seymour, Koppen, Rodney, Gay, Sullivan off PUP, Shelton to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Only Pass and Kaczur remain on PUP.

The team formally announced that five players are off the physically unable to perform list: Harrison, Koppen, defensive lineman Richard Seymour, defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan, and cornerback Randall Gay.

Rookie free agent receiver Matt Shelton was placed on injured reserve.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 02:54:35 PM

Last edited:
Re: Official: Seymour, Koppen, Rodney, Gay off PUP, Shelton to IR

Pats726 said:
Actually Kaczur does as well

Good catch.

Our boy Mike Reiss only beat the competition by half an hour today. And the Herald tried to throw cold water on the announcement saying Rodney was wearing a "heavy" brace (guess Breer ran out onto the field and asked Rodney for a closer look...) and hinted it could just be a walk through and not indicative of their coming off PUP.

Reiss rules the blogs. Hope they get him some assistants who can cover human interest and fluff pieces on the beat so he can maintain his excellence in cyber space.

Nothing better could have happened today. Unbelievable. Most of these guys are clearly though to be ready for the season because they can't be PUPed anymore. Active roster or IR now.

There are now two open roster spots with Shelton and Mitchell to the I.R.

Hell, maybe Posey could be coming our way. You'd think Beioli will bring in another veteran receiver or just somebody who can "replace" Shelton.

Aside from the three big names who I love to see back, Randall Gay's return pleases me A LOT. Depth is back in our CB position. What does this mean? Keep Geno at CB or bring him back to FS?

Am I the only one suspicious about Seymour and Sullivan coming off the pup on the same day? We all speculated being former teamates that big Sey would be there to help and motivate Sully, perhaps he has been on the pup not for tightness in his quad but a tightess in big boy's?

Just a thought.

14thDragon said:
Am I the only one suspicious about Seymour and Sullivan coming off the pup on the same day? We all speculated being former teamates that big Sey would be there to help and motivate Sully, perhaps he has been on the pup not for tightness in his quad but a tightess in big boy's?

Just a thought.

I half jokingly speculated as much when Sully failed his conditioning run. I found it very odd that Sey was on PUP with Sully with NO reported injuries. I thought in the back of my mind that Sey may have been told to mentor Sully into shape so that he could pass the conditioning run. Sully passes the run, and off of PUP they both come. You be the judge!

Then again, I'm all into Area 51/Nevada Test Site conspiracy theories, so...

14thDragon said:

Just a thought.

The thought did cross my mind. :)

Last edited:
Great. Shelton on IR? There goes the WR depth.

dryheat44 said:

I heard that Stone was banged up too. Where did that panic button go?

dryheat44 said:

Oh no!!! Who is Mortensen going to throw too. :eek: :eek:

Bring back the panic button now!!!!!! :bricks:

It's ok. Zuriel Smith is stepping up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brownfan80 said:
I heard that Stone was banged up too. Where did that panic button go?

Actually, Stone has shown that he's DURABLE. He did get banged up in one practice, but he was back out there the next day. Curran was on EEI today, and according to him, Stone may have a legitimate shot of making the team. :eek:

DefenseRules said:
Actually, Stone has shown that he's DURABLE. He did get banged up in one practice, but he was back out there the next day. Curran was on EEI today, and according to him, Stone may have a legitimate shot of making the team. :eek:

My girl would be happy if he did make the team. She says he looks like the dude off of CSI. I guess that means he's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes