Official: Seau signed, Rasby released, TE Luzar signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seau

will he play in pre-season games ?

Re: Seau

italianpatthepatriot said:
will he play in pre-season games ?

I'm sure he will, but probably not tomorrow...

I wonder what that TE move means...Luzar more of a receiver than a blocker?? Or good at both..seems like good height..so maybe a TALL receiver??

This is GREAT, GREAT news. Seau will help the entire defense play harder.

See ya Monty, good luck on special teams.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302076

302076.jpg

Position: TE
Height: 6-7
Weight: 262
Born: 02/12/1979
College: Virginia
NFL Experience: 3rd year

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/profile.php?pyid=5527

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Drafted:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Jaguars, 2002 - Round 4, pick 20 [118 overall]

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]PLAYER NOTES LOG:

[/SIZE][/FONT] Jul 19 2005 - TE Chris Luzar and Darius Williams seem set to provide one backup player.

Jun 3 2005 - TE Chris Luzar, signed as a FA from Jacksonville, is 6-7 and 265 and might be the blocking TE the Giants need badly. In fact, he was signed to the Jaguars' roster four years ago by Tom Coughlin, then the head coach in Jacksonville.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6004

Scouts, Inc:

"Good intensity, good work ethic...better football player than athlete...at times is clumsy and unable to control big body...somewhat stiff and mechanical...not smooth route runner...lacks running ability to get seperation against man coverage...not a threat to make big yards out of short play...trouble with change of direction...lacks explosivenss as blocker..."

pats1 said:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6004

Scouts, Inc:

"Good intensity, good work ethic...better football player than athlete...at times is clumsy and unable to control big body...somewhat stiff and mechanical...not smooth route runner...lacks running ability to get seperation against man coverage...not a threat to make big yards out of short play...trouble with change of direction...lacks explosivenss as blocker..."

Hmm, not a good route runner, blocker or passing threat...so what exactly does he bring to the table? Camp Fodder, IMO.

Shame about Rasby. But we wont miss him.

Seau makes us a legitimate SB contender... assuming Branch shows up and Jackson finds his feet.

with Seau signing what will happens to the eventual trade with DAL ?

Regarding Seau, call me a homer if you like but I'm excited. He may not even be an average LB anymore, and he may be injury prone on top of that, but he's competent and will bring a new shot of excitement to the team on and off the field. I'm sure the same players start to get tired of each other, at least a little bit, over the years and bringing in a veteran excited about his last chance to win will add a new dynamic.

Do you think the Patriots will do what it takes to get to Miami this year??? I do...time for Branch to hop on the train for the ride...or maybe be left behind!!

BelichickFan said:
Regarding Seau, call me a homer if you like but I'm excited. He may not even be an average LB anymore, and he may be injury prone on top of that, but he's competent and will bring a new shot of excitement to the team on and off the field. I'm sure the same players start to get tired of each other, at least a little bit, over the years and bringing in a veteran excited about his last chance to win will add a new dynamic.

i will be very happy if, also for only 1 year, he will be able to do what Phifer and Cox done for us in the recent past

I'm more intrigued by the Luzar signing and what that says about the team's faith in Graham's ability to stay healthy and be effective...judging by his lack of offensive stats, maybe he falls into the "good blocker" category as well

Interesting name though - nothing says "winner" like Luzar

I think we all question what Seau has left in the tank but I guess its up to him to show everyone before final cuts are made

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
I'm more intrigued by the Luzar signing and what that says about the team's faith in Graham's ability to stay healthy and be effective

I think we all question what Seau has left in the tank but I guess its up to him to show everyone before final cuts are made

Considering Rasby was cut to make room, I don't think it has much to do with Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeSixPat said:
I'm more intrigued by the Luzar signing and what that says about the team's faith in Graham's ability to stay healthy and be effective...judging by his lack of offensive stats, maybe he falls into the "good blocker" category as well

Interesting name though - nothing says "winner" like Luzar

JSP, I thought the EXACT same thing and am glad you posted this.

Maybe the trade with Dallas with involve GRAHAM! The guy is injury prone, and if Luzar can block well, then Graham is expendable.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
JSP, I thought the EXACT same thing and am glad you posted this.

Maybe the trade with Dallas with involve GRAHAM! The guy is injury prone, and if Luzar can block well, then Graham is expendable.

What?!?

Luzar has a grand total of 4 career catches, hasn't played since 2003, and only has 1 career start. He's no Tony Gonzalez.

C-A-M-P F-O-D-D-E-R.

Rasby was as good of a blocker you can find. His release says something.

Last edited:
No one has yet to mention this but with the signing of Seau, he is now teaming back up with our boy Rodney Harrison.

So, I guess we can assume BB liked what he saw in his work out?
Junior Seau, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back