OFFICIAL Saturday 1/4/2014 Wild Card games thread

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Alright, ladies and gents, it's that time of year again. Playoff time. We have Kansas City at Indy to open things up today at 4:35 PM and a nightcap of New Orleans at Philly at 8:10 PM. The AFC match up should feature a good amount of defense while the NFC contest should spoon feed us some offense. Personally, I have Indy and Philly coming out of the day as the victors but I could easily see KC and Philly. Indy is banged up but usually seems to rise up against better competition this year and they're playing at home.

Looks like someone's pumped and jacked for the playoffs!

Some good games ahead. I keep going back and forth on Chiefs-Indy. I feel like I'm rooting for Indy because they have a better chance at beating Denver, while I think the Pats would match up well against them in an AFCCG.

For the AFC game today, should we just enjoy the game or pick a team to root for? It's moot as we wouldn't even know if we we're facing the victor until after tomorrow's game.

I'm going with the Colts. While I was critical of Luck last year for turnovers and overrated play, he made a fan out of me this year, essentially doing what Brady did this season and in 06. He pretty much has nothing on offense besides Hilton yet improved his #s, led his team to the playoffs, and cut down on the turnovers.

The Colts aren't talented enough to the point where I think we would beat them comfortably, while the Denver secondary is bad enough where Luck could still carve them up with his nobodies next week.

Amazing how much more likeable the Luck Colts are than the Forehead version. :D

For the AFC game today, should we just enjoy the game or pick a team to root for? It's moot as we wouldn't even know if we we're facing the victor until after tomorrow's game.

I'm going with the Colts. While I was critical of Luck last year for turnovers and overrated play, he made a fan out of me this year, essentially doing what Brady did this season and in 06. He pretty much has nothing on offense besides Hilton yet improved his #s, led his team to the playoffs, and cut down on the turnovers.

The Colts aren't talented enough to the point where I think we would beat them comfortably, while the Denver secondary is bad enough where Luck could still carve them up with his nobodies next week.

Who do we want to root for?

I'm rooting for KC and saints...

I like kcs chances to beat Denver

I still don't like the Colts. Too much history with them going back to when they were in our division. I do, however, like Andrew Luck. Dude's ugly but he's a gamer and gets the job done. I think they would have a bigger problem beating Denver without Reggie Wayne, but they're certainly capable and could be a pain in the balls for any team to eliminate in the playoffs. I thought KC would win this earlier in the week, but the Colts seem to have somewhat regained their footing late in the season as they're learning on the fly how to play without their veteran leader at WR. I think they take this one. I take Philly in the other game only because the game is up there and it's going to be cold.

I'm starting to get pumped up....

I think the colts win today. And the other it could go either way. I think the NFC is won by a last second FG, and the AFC will be won by a wider margin.

I'd literally forgotten about today's games. What I love about "mindless football" where I have no dog in the hunt is it's an excellent opportunity to go to the gym and do some mindless aerobic excursive like the elliptical or whatever while watch ing the game.

I like the GB Seattle game though Sunday. Hope they have medivac emergency teams standing by for the cold.

Playoffs!?!?!

I always find it very hard to root for the Colts,

even though facing a soft indoor team in the elements next week might be best for us

The Colts offense is very similar to ours at this point. They start two slot WRs (Hilton/Whalen) and a rookie on the outside. (Rogers)

Wonder if the Colts will pump in crowd noise for this game.:D

Charles down, not the start KC wanted after starting out good on this drive.

J. Charles injury...Chief fans holding their breaths

Charles looks ok...maybe not

EDIT: I still think that he will be ok

This Colts run defense looks weak

Poor guy, I know he really wanted to play and do well in this game. :(

They showed Charles going to the locker room.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back