PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Official Raider + Panther Ghoul Thread!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.
good day for our draft picks today people.

Still hold out hope for oaklands pick to be close to 10/11

Next week may be the last hurdle to pick 33 - Panthers at home against Cardinals. I know that Arizona won big today but they blow. Last two Panthers games: at Pitt, at Atlanta. Unless the Falcons have clinched home field and pack it in, I can't see Carolina being competitive in either of those games. Let's hope that the Saints keep winning.

The Raiders are going to wallop Denver next week. That puts them at 7-7. If they lose to Indy and at KC, they could be 7-9. Pick is 14th now. I think it will stay there. Play this scenario out for a second. Jax beats Indy next week to knock Indy out of the playoffs. You know Indy isn't going to give Oakland they're best shot. Hell, they don't try when they are 14-0. What makes you think they will try when they are 7-7 and eliminated from the playoffs?

Oakland will most likely finish 7-9. I a lot of teams close to Oakland's record needed to win today to help push Oakland's pick higher. Washington, Seattle, Cleveland, St. Louis, and Tennessee all lost this week. We need these teams to win out so hopefully it drops Oakland down toward the 10-12 range.

At least #33 is looking like a great possibility.

Big comeback by the Jags yesterday! But I agree, I can't see the Raiders losing to the Broncos. The Broncos can't stop the run and McFadden has been ballin. Regardless of what happens next week Indy is going to need the game so that should be a loss. So 7-9 would be our best bet.

Don't sleep on the Bengals, they could easily steal the top stop from Carolina. Hopefully they can beat Cleveland this week, because after that they have San Diego and Baltimore (hopefully Baltimore may not need that game so they will lay down). But with both Detriot and Buffalo picking up wins yesterday, our path to #33 is looking good.

Heh! What's in been ~ 8 years?? ~ since the last time the Raiders were penciled in for a win??

7 and 9 seems likely, yes, and their Strength of Schedule edge will likely be VITAL to us, as they could be a in an EIGHT way tie, the way things are going!! :eek:

I by NO means consider the Colt game a gimme, however, I'm sorry to say.

MIND you: Experience and all that. The Colts should beat them.

But if you have a solid Run Game, you can go all DAY on the Colts.

Even so, I expect Peyton'll shred'm and get the win.

And the Chiefs should win, but it's obviously no lay up: You can run on those guys.

Heh! What's in been ~ 8 years?? ~ since the last time the Raiders were penciled in for a win??

7 and 9 seems likely, yes, and their Strength of Schedule edge will likely be VITAL to us, as they could be a in an EIGHT way tie, the way things are going!! :eek:

Yes, the low SOS will hopefully help the pick gain a few spots. But we really need a few teams which are currently 5-8 to win a few more games. I checked this weeks schedule and unfortunatly, I believe most of those teams would be underdogs this week feks.

Redskins @ Dallas
Houston @ Tenn
Vikings (who knows where they will play) vs. 'da Bears

Only one who I believe will be favorite will be Browns over Bungles.

As you said the Raiders are clear favorites over Broncos. Bad thing about Josh firing is that he is (was) a decent playcaller as we all know.

We really have to hope Colts and KC can beat Raiders last 2 weeks and some of those teams one game behind Raiders get hot - problem is what do those 5-8 teams have to play for as they know their season is over.

Heh! Yeah, I just went over everything, and while Oakland COULD, theoretically, push all the way down to 7th or 8th, there's no way in HELL that happens.

More likely, they inch forward to about #13. :mad:

What's funny...is that, come Week #17, the Patriots are looking straight in the FACE of an amusing conflict:

Miami is currently tied with the Raiders at #14, albeit with Oakland's Pick having a distinct Strength of Schedule advantage...

Considering that the Patriots will very likely have the #1 seed wrapped up, by then...I'd like to offer my services as Starting QuarterBack for that week's game!! :D

Heh! Yeah, I just went over everything, and while Oakland COULD, theoretically, push all the way down to 7th or 8th, there's no way in HELL that happens.

More likely, they inch forward to about #13. :mad:

What's funny...is that, come Week #17, the Patriots are looking straight in the FACE of an amusing conflict:

Miami is currently tied with the Raiders at #14, albeit with Oakland's Pick having a distinct Strength of Schedule advantage...

Considering that the Patriots will very likely have the #1 seed wrapped up, by then...I'd like to offer my services as Starting QuarterBack for that week's game!! :D

Miami plays Detroit at home. Maybe, they'll get their 2nd home win of the year. I'm a little worried about Oakland's last two games. They haven't quit. They should be able to run on the Colts. Have the def. front to pressure Manning. I'm rooting for the Raiders. Draft pick be damned. KC can knock Oakland out of the playoffs with a W over Tennessee.

Carolina beating the Cards really frosted me but the Steelers will cream them kn Pitts and thus lock up 33. Or could the damn Donkos end up with the worst record overall?

Well Week 15 didn't really do a lot to help our Raiders pick. Still hoping they lose their last two games and a few other teams pass them. Carolina's win doesn't phase me whatsoever, and at this point now since Minnesota has no chance to pass Oakland with a better record we just gotta hope they lose out. So many teams with 6-7-8 wins that can greatly influence Oakland's pick!

Great Blue North is ON it!!

#15 ~ Raiders!!
#33 ~ Panthers!!
#74* ~ Vikings!!

Minnesota is definitely going to lose at Philly. Their last game is at Detroit. A team still playing all out. I see them losing both. A few 5 loss teams will win at least one game; SF, Dallas and Houston. Not sure where that places the rotation. But, should help it get a little higher. Detroit has 4 W's, that win would get them to 5. And, Buffalo is at Jets. They wouldn't win that last game would they and knock the Jets out? Just sayin

Carolina has a very toughschedule coming up, they are at Pittsburg on Thursday night, I really can't see anyway that they win that game. Their last game is at Atlanta, so we have to root for the Saints to beat Atlanta this Monday night, otherwise if the Falcons beat the Saints Monday night, they will wrap up the NRC South and the #1 seed, so they would have nothing to play for against the Panthers in week 17. BUT if the Saints beat them, then all they have to do is beat the Panthers and they still win the NFC South and get the #1 seed. The only team that can get between the Pats and the #33 pick (which we all know BB will trade away) is the Bengals, they are not going to win another game, they are home to San Diego and then at Baltimore, so they are going winless.

In a tie with the Bengals Carolina would pick first in the first round and then second in the second round. Either way the very worst I can see this pick is #34.

The Oakland pick is along story, they have Indy and KC left so they should end up 7-9 but at the most, I think it will end up at 15 or 14, but I highly doubt it gets any lower than that.

The more and more I think about the Raiders pick.. I would be comfortable being anywhere from 9-12

Here is why.. The chances of 4 Qb's going early is very high with

Luck
Locker
Mallett
Newton

Being there for teams like SF / WAS / Car/ Cin / AZ / Buff / Minny

That being said that leaves the rest of the Blue Chips to be there or at the very least a very nice piece of bait for someone wanting an elite talent..

From Espn Draft Central
1. Patrick Peterson* CB LSU 98
2. Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson 97
3. Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama 97
4. Robert Quinn* DE North Carolina 96
5. A.J. Green* WR Georgia 96
7. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96
8. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 95
9. Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa 94

Either way we get someone who can help our team significantly via playing or trading..

So bottom line is we need Oakland to be in the 9-12 range.. for this to happen..

The more and more I think about the Raiders pick.. I would be comfortable being anywhere from 9-12

Here is why.. The chances of 4 Qb's going early is very high with

Luck
Locker
Mallett
Newton

Being there for teams like SF / WAS / Car/ Cin / AZ / Buff / Minny

Would love to see that, but I'm skeptical. Definitely see Luck and Mallett in this group. Locker is possible but I'm not counting on it. He looked inept in home games against Nebraska, Stanford and UCLA. Not all his fault, but still. I could see him sliding into the 2nd round. Newton has all the hype which I hope shoots him up into this group. One-year-wonders tend to be the guys that bust in the first round despite their talent level...and busting on a QB in the 1st round gets you unemployed really fast.

That being said that leaves the rest of the Blue Chips to be there or at the very least a very nice piece of bait for someone wanting an elite talent..

From Espn Draft Central
1. Patrick Peterson* CB LSU 98
2. Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson 97
3. Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama 97
4. Robert Quinn* DE North Carolina 96
5. A.J. Green* WR Georgia 96
7. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96
8. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 95
9. Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa 94

Either way we get someone who can help our team significantly via playing or trading..

So bottom line is we need Oakland to be in the 9-12 range.. for this to happen..

I would take Clayborn off the list for the Pats since I'm not sure he is a fit. The other 7 are right on as the elites in the draft. Add in Luck and Mallett and that gets you to a sure-fire stud if you are top 9 or better. The Pats won't get there unfortunately. Their ceiling seems to be #13 with a very outside chance to get as high as #11.

That means the Pats need some unlikely players to jump into the top 12. Locker and Newton are 2. No team at the top is RB-needy enough to take Ingram and outside of Green I can't see another WR going top 12. The OL candidates are weak so it is unlikely someone will reach on Castonzo or Sherrod. The front 7 on defense is the best hope for the Pats. Teams could see real scheme fits for Clayborn, Bailey, Paea or Miller and reach for them. Much like Alualu for the Jags last year and that turned out OK for them.

I'm still holding out hope that one of the top 6 defenders from your list above will slip to the Pats. Any one of them would require special attention from the opposing offense, making the job for the rest of the Pats defense easier. There are still plenty of talented players for the picks at #32, #33, #64 and #74...but getting one of the handful of elite talents in this draft would be sweet for a team that is already winning and on the rise.

Would love to see that, but I'm skeptical. Definitely see Luck and Mallett in this group. Locker is possible but I'm not counting on it. He looked inept in home games against Nebraska, Stanford and UCLA. Not all his fault, but still. I could see him sliding into the 2nd round. Newton has all the hype which I hope shoots him up into this group. One-year-wonders tend to be the guys that bust in the first round despite their talent level...and busting on a QB in the 1st round gets you unemployed really fast.

I would take Clayborn off the list for the Pats since I'm not sure he is a fit. The other 7 are right on as the elites in the draft. Add in Luck and Mallett and that gets you to a sure-fire stud if you are top 9 or better. The Pats won't get there unfortunately. Their ceiling seems to be #13 with a very outside chance to get as high as #11.

That means the Pats need some unlikely players to jump into the top 12. Locker and Newton are 2. No team at the top is RB-needy enough to take Ingram and outside of Green I can't see another WR going top 12. The OL candidates are weak so it is unlikely someone will reach on Castonzo or Sherrod. The front 7 on defense is the best hope for the Pats. Teams could see real scheme fits for Clayborn, Bailey, Paea or Miller and reach for them. Much like Alualu for the Jags last year and that turned out OK for them.

I'm still holding out hope that one of the top 6 defenders from your list above will slip to the Pats. Any one of them would require special attention from the opposing offense, making the job for the rest of the Pats defense easier. There are still plenty of talented players for the picks at #32, #33, #64 and #74...but getting one of the handful of elite talents in this draft would be sweet for a team that is already winning and on the rise.

It will be interesting to see.. if those guys get hyped up .. which they always do.. there are a bunch of teams in the top half of the draft that need a franchise QB..

Newton is a wild card much like Locker but the recent success of Vick .. and with younger QB's like McCoy and Bradford will hopefully make it seem like less of a risk..

I agree with the Scheme fits as well.. there always is wildcard thrown in there for sure.. and it will be interesting even though it is considered a weak OL class to see where the Run on taking OT's starts..

I agree completely. Which is one of the reasons why this year, and this year only, I'm on the "trade up" bandwagon. I'm not counting on a Wilfork-like slip; I want to make it happen!

I agree completely. Which is one of the reasons why this year, and this year only, I'm on the "trade up" bandwagon. I'm not counting on a Wilfork-like slip; I want to make it happen!

At least if they are in the 9-12 range it is a lot better ammo for them to do that as well.. theoretically 5-8 is the sweet spot in this draft..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back