PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Official Raider + Panther Ghoul Thread!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Our current prospects for these two fine picks, as of this evening...

1 ~ Panthers 0-3 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule
1 ~ Browns 0-3 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule
3 ~ Lions 0-3 ~ 5-3 Strength of Schedule
4 ~ Beefaloes 0-3 ~ 7-2 Strength of Schedule
4 ~ Miners 0-3 ~ 7-2 Strength of Schedule
6 ~ Jaguars 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
7 ~ Giants 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
8 ~ Redskins 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
9 ~ Rams 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
10 ~ Vikings 1-2 ~ 4-4 Strength of Schedule
11 ~ Broncos 1-2 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule ~ 0-2 Divisional
12 ~ Raiders 1-2 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule ~ 0-1 Divisional
13 ~ Cowboys 1-2 ~ 5-3 Strength of Scheulde
14 ~ Chargers 1-2 ~ 6-3 Strength of Schedule

Correct me if I'm wrong, gentlemen...

But I believe, as it currently stands, we stand to pick up:

#33 or #34
, depending on the Coin Flip.

Our current prospects for these two fine picks, as of this evening...

#33 or #34
Giants, Vikings, Broncos, and Redskins will all finish with better records than the Raiders will. Niners could also turn it around.

So we'll be getting a Top 10 pick.

Giants, Vikings, Broncos, and Redskins will all finish with better records than the Raiders will. Niners could also turn it around.

So we'll be getting a Top 10 pick.

Concur.

In fact, I expect everyone but the Beefaloes to turn things around!!

Yep: Put me down for a struggle between the Raiders and Beefalo ~ and maybe the Rams or some other random 3rd team ~ for #1.

That's right.

I think we're landing a Top 3. :eek:

Every week i try look for the teams who had top 10 picks last year and root for them generally against who they are playing... i want the carolina and raiders picks as high as possible. So far so good... janikowski missing 3 fg's also helps

And Detroit is better than their record... young team that'll start winning by the end of the year. Javid Best, Stafford and Calvin Superstar... those guys will light it up.

I'm excited for the draft already....BUT THERE WONT BE FOOTBALL :mad:

And Detroit is better than their record... young team that'll start winning by the end of the year. Javid Best, Stafford and Calvin Superstar... those guys will light it up.

they should have won their 1st game too.

Cleaveland is really bad also. Id say its between Oakland, Cleveland, Carolina, and Buffalo. STL is in a horrible division so they should be able to squeak out a few wins.

We're getting a guaranteed Top 5-10 from Oakland and a guaranteed high 2nd rounder from Carolina.

Panthers Lose!! Panthers Lose!! :D

Won't it be interesting, though...If it comes down to the Raiders and Panthers in Week 17...?? :eek:

Some of us would be rooting for the Raiders to win and the Panthers to lose, with a mind towards the uncertainty of just how MUCH of a Rookie Salary Cap there's gonna be...

And others of us would be rooting for the Panthers to win and the Raiders to lose, with a mind towards SCREW worrying about the Rookie Salary Cap, baby!! :rocker:

And, indeed: That Conflict of Interest is already in play. :eek:

Well said, sir. The Lions are one of my Binky Teams this year, because of all the moves they made on that D Line. Put together with the Juice you refer to, and I LOVE their chances of eclipsing the Raiders.

Here's hoping.

They could easily be 2-2 this year.

Last Week...

#33 or #34

Our 2011 Draft had an AMAZING week!! :D

Current Standings!!

1 ~ Panthers 0-4 ~ 8-7 Strength of Schedule
2 ~ Lions 0-4 ~ 9-6 Strength of Schedule
3 ~ Beefaloes 0-4 ~ 10-4 Strength of Schedule
4 ~ Miners 0-4 ~ 11-4 Strength of Schedule
5 ~ Raiders 1-3 ~ 9-7 Strength of Schedule
6 ~ Browns 1-3 ~ 10-4 Strength of Schedule

I believe, as it currently stands, we stand to pick up:

#5 + #33 :rocker:

mr_burns.gif

Its time now for the 49ers to find themselves and help us out. The Raiders have a home game against the Chargers next week, and then they travel (across the Bay) to SF. That will be a telling game. I'm assuming that the Chargers will beat the Raiders this week, whcih will set up the SF games as huge! I believe it will be one of the only 2 winnable road games they have left on their schedule. If they lose to SF, it would put them at 1-5 (again, ASSuming a loss to SD) and really looking at the front end of the first round.
And SF will then travel to Carolina to face the hopefully 0-5 Panthers coming off a bye. If SF can pull off these two wins, it would bode very well for the picks.

I actually think the Raiders will win next week... The Chargers and Seahawks seem to be these win at home/lose away kind of teams. The Raiders don't quit when Gradkowski is out there, and i don't think SD has a good run defense, which is Oaklands strength.

Looks like SF, Detroit and Carolina are going to win some games. Buffalo looks like a mortal lock for the 1st pick given the strength of the AFC East and playing the NFC North and AFC North. I think TB's first two wins were a mirage and they are going to be lousy. Mangini has the Brownies playing pretty tough. Lost 3 tough games and beat Cincy. The AFC West looks to be better than I thought. KC has improved much more than the Raiders. And, Denver looks like they have a very good offense. SD still the team to beat.

Peter King quotes Todd McShay on his top 5 college QBs and draft slot. With the Patriots' Raiders' pick, hopefully in the single digits, BB could parlay this pick into quite a bounty. Teams overpay for QBs....

a. Andrew Luck, Stanford (1)
b. Jake Locker, Washington (10).
c. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (17).
d. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri (return to school for senior year).
e. Christian Ponder, Florida State (46).

Peter King quotes Todd McShay on his top 5 college QBs and draft slot.

*With the Patriots' Raiders' pick, hopefully in the single digits, BB could parlay this pick into quite a bounty.

*Teams overpay for QBs....

Yes, they DO, don't they?? :D

Eli Manning...

Michael Vick...

And with the advent of the Rookie Salary Cap, The Top 5 are Born Again Valuable!! :rocker:

Given my druthers ~ if the landscape is similar, 6 months, hence ~ we make Robert Quinn, esquire, our #1 Priority...

But, depending on how things shake out, it's not out'f the realm of possibility that we actually Trade Back AND pick Quinn.

Even moving back from #1 ~ May the Gods Grant Us This Pick!! ~ to #5 might, as in the Manning Trade, reap an additional 1st Rounder, a 3rd Rounder, and change!! :D

"There are always...possibilities."

spok2.jpg

OTG:

Great job. A couple of minor clarifications, though.

(1) If teams have the same record, the picks cycle from round to round (in other words, if teams A, B, and C all go 4-12, and pick A-B-C in round one, they pick B-C-A in round two, C-A-B in round three, etc.). So, right now, we'd want the Panthers to be second in a tie, not first.

(2) SOS is not simply all the teams they've played, but all 16 teams on their schedule (counting divisional teams twice), including the ones they haven't played yet. (Admittedly, it's easier to count this way, but that's not how it's actually done.)

OTG:

Great job. A couple of minor clarifications, though.

(1) If teams have the same record, the picks cycle from round to round (in other words, if teams A, B, and C all go 4-12, and pick A-B-C in round one, they pick B-C-A in round two, C-A-B in round three, etc.). So, right now, we'd want the Panthers to be second in a tie, not first.

(2) SOS is not simply all the teams they've played, but all 16 teams on their schedule (counting divisional teams twice), including the ones they haven't played yet. (Admittedly, it's easier to count this way, but that's not how it's actually done.)

2 ~ Sure, I'm aware of that, of course, and you have a very strong point. But I don't think it makes best sense to count games that haven't been played, yet: If the season either ended or was interrupted today ~ as in 1982, 1987 or 2001 ~ those games you refer to wouldn't count, so as a Superstitious Yankee, I choose not to count the Future until it actually transpires. :p

1 ~ That, I was NOT aware of. Thanks!! :D

Interestingly enough, that actually makes it POSSIBLE ~ a Trillion to one, perhaps?? ~ that we could end up ~ without further trading ~ with the 1st pick in BOTH rounds!! :eek:

If the Raiders + Panthers tie for Worst Record, and the Raiders "win" the TieBreaker...Viola!! :rocker:

Peter King quotes Todd McShay on his top 5 college QBs and draft slot. With the Patriots' Raiders' pick, hopefully in the single digits, BB could parlay this pick into quite a bounty. Teams overpay for QBs....

Isn't Luck a third year sophomore? As good as he is now, he really needs to stay in school and complete his junior year next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes