PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Prospect Visits/Workouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Updated...4/21

Watch the Senior bowl and tell me who looked better tackling, against the run, and making hits....it was Meriweather. He also has good coverage skills which is why Miami used him at CB when they played against top level WR's. He was their best player in the secondary so they tried to use him as best they could. Both Meriweather and Griffin like to hit, and they've both had a lot of tackles (Griffin has more), but I think Meriweather is better at wrapping up. I'm just saying that if people are going to say Meriweather's skills fit FS they should be saying the same about Griffin.

According to nfldraftscout Griffin's size and playing style might fit better at FS.
I dont care about Senior Bowls. I care about every week play.

Hell Merriweather could have known his weeknesses going in and changed them to be more aggressiv e for that game.

I'm well aware that countdown is saying he is a better FS but there are just to many pro scouts that would disagree.

If you just sit back and watch highlights of either player you know what your going to get either way.

Re: Updated...4/21

I dont care about Senior Bowls. I care about every week play.
I care about the regular season and what ever bowl games they happen to play, but the Senior bowl can tell you some things. More than a highlight reel, ayways.
Hell Merriweather could have known his weeknesses going in and changed them to be more aggressiv e for that game.
That's how he always plays. I've seen enough of him to realize he usually plays aggressive, is a good tackler, has very good in game speed, likes to play the run, and has good range in pass coverage.
I'm well aware that countdown is saying he is a better FS but there are just to many pro scouts that would disagree.
I said NFLDraftScout, but you can add NFLdraftcountdown to the list if you'd like.
If you just sit back and watch highlights of either player you know what your going to get either way.
Highlights tell you very little. I only like them becaue they are fun to watch, but they arent any good for evaluating talent.

Last edited:
Updates:

football.com: the Patriots put Prescott Burgess through a private workout.

Patsinsider: NE put Florida CB Ryan Smith through a PW

According to Hart of PFW: NE had a combine interview with S Eric Weddle

Scout.com: Tim Crowder had a private visit to Foxboro

Scout.com: Chris Houston came for a private visit.

Scout.com: Darrelle Revis came for a private visit.

Breer: NE put Dwayne Bowe through a Private Workout

Scout.com: Joe Staley had a private visit

Breer: NE put Anthony Gonzalez through a private workout.

Patsinsider: Ben Patrick came for a private visit

Scout.com: NE put Sepulveda through a PW

Patsinsider: NE had a Combine interview with Adam Podlesh, and they also put him through a PW

Patsinsider: NE put RB Kenneth Darby through a PW

Football.com: NE put RB Josh Allen through a PW

Patsinsider: NE had a Combine interview with Matt Speath

Football.com: NE put TE Anthony Pudewell through a PW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill