PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official POST Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what I was checking to see, who you guys would be pulling for now...

Packers are a great franchise. Hard to hate on the Packers...

Sorry Dino for picking someone other than your boys. Not a fan of your QB. But hey if you knock out the Jets, I'll be very happy

Atleast we got some nice draft picks next year. Hopefully, there is no lockout.

So does this officially make us chokers?

We've lost several playoff games we were heavily favored for. We said similar things about the Colts.

For next year, this is just a thought, what if we changed our offensive philosophy back to what it was in 2003 and 2004?

I think with the emergence of BJGE, and if 1 more OL is drafted, the pats can be a more running, control the time of possession offense.

Sure, the pats wouldn't put up 30+ PPG but I think this would help the defense out and stop the offenses woes come playoff time. BJGE can handle 20-25 carries a game.

Honestly that's what I expected them to do for most of the first half in this game. The jets brought extra LB/DB's and left Gholston a healthy scratch so they're obviously focused on stopping our passing game, and you know the Jets are going to be bringing pressure on Brady, so what better way to ruin that gameplan than by pounding the ball to start off with and then go play action passing?

When not running keep BJGE/Morris in the backfield to pick up any blitzers who come free & run out into the flat for dumpoffs when they can (did we do that at all besides Woodhead's catch in the 1st drive?). Have the TE's chip pass rushers and run delayed routes to help them get open etc.

When we get a mismatch go no huddle and use our quick passing offense.

That's what I expected today anyways, but instead it just looked confused after the first few drives.

Re: So does this officially make us chokers?

We've lost several playoff games we were heavily favored for. We said similar things about the Colts.

Until proven otherwise, "YES". If any other team lost three straight playoff games, when they were favored in all three ( heavily favored in two of the three ), with none of the games on the road, we would all call that team "chokers".

No, because we root for the Patriots. :)

Seriously, though, I don't think the Pats were really "heavily favored" against the Ravens, certainly not with Welker injured.

I was respectful all week, but you guys talked a lot of sh*t all week. Good game fellas! :singing:

No. A choker is someone who gives up a multi-score lead when they have a "vaunted" defense. "Cough" Baltimore "Cough". If anything, we exceeded expectations this season with rookie and second year players at nearly every position on D and O. We just had our deficiencies exposed tonight. But remember that old saying: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

No. A choker is someone who gives up a multi-score lead when they have a "vaunted" defense. "Cough" Baltimore "Cough". If anything, we exceeded expectations this season with rookie and second year players at nearly every position on D and O. We just had our deficiencies exposed tonight. But remember that old saying: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

The Pats were the clear cut favorite of the whole playoffs. Dont kid yourself..

This WAS a choke. 2nd worst behind SB 42.

I tell ya what else, I don't wanna hear anymore about this stupid home winning streak by Brady. Not when you have 2 postseason home losses in 2 years.

This WAS a choke. 2nd worst behind SB 42.

OH GOD FORBID... YOU SAY THAT ON HERE... This was a epic choke, only second to the SB 42 fiasco... and it falls on the feet on Belichick and Brady....

Anybody at the game confirm to me watching at home that the crowd could have been louder? Wanted to see more passion with what was at stake.

Its hard to tell watching through a TV but I did not see much passion from any Patriots player throughout the entire game it seems like. This team has no swagger or intensity to them, only time I see those characteristics is when they are whooping a team.

Brady's legacy

seriously, after the 3rd superbowl, i thought Brady was going to challenge Montana as the best qb of all time. Heck lots of people were saying he was right up there with montana when the patriots were going into sb 42 undefeated and everyone thought they were gonna win it all. Then they lost that game, put up a clunker against Baltimore and now lost to their division rivals who were calling him out all week. If you want to be up there in the GOAT conversation, you got to win games like this. This was a heated rivalry with mutual hate and in the end, Brady got his butt handed to him.

I only got to really see Montana's later years, his final couple years with the niners and then with the chiefs but i've seen the game tapes and the highlights and this guy just came through in the big games. You didn't see fear in Montana when his team was down and he needed to put together a drive. In the championship game against the cowboys, he told his guys on that final drive that they were gonna shove it down the cowboys throats, sure enough he finishes them off with "the catch". Then in the superbowl against the bengals, backed up inside his own 10 in the final minutes, he cracks a joke and smiles and tells his team they were gonna win this game. they did.

I saw Brady's eyes in the fourth quarter and there wasn't that assurance. There wasn't any swagger or anything. It was a look of defeat. I know i'm starting to ramble on but i guess what i'm trying to say is that yes, Brady may go down in the top 5 all time but to even insinuate that he's above or tied with Montana is crazy. Everybody knew the niners were coming back to win, Joe,his teamates, the other team, the fans and he was perfect in all his superbowls.

Last edited:
Anybody at the game confirm to me watching at home that the crowd could have been louder? Wanted to see more passion with what was at stake.

One thing I can say is that it looked like the stadium was mostly empty in the 4th. :eek:

Reading some football forums I'm seeing that Pats fans are now being described as classless for booing an injured jet player, booing at half time and the fans leaving before the game was over.

Its hard to tell watching through a TV but I did not see much passion from any Patriots player throughout the entire game it seems like. This team has no swagger or intensity to them, only time I see those characteristics is when they are whooping a team.

It seemed like Branch was trying to get pumped, but no one else cared. Maybe Mankins & Wilfork as well, but I can't say for sure. We definitely need someone on D like a safety or a MLB who is always fired up.

Last edited:
Ever since Manning beat him in the 2006 AFCCG, Brady's career has become more and more Manning-esque. Great stats and then either a massive choke (2007) or one and done in the playoffs.

WHY was he holding the ball so long? Dump it off!
You really should think before you speak (type)
How was 2007 a massive choke by Brady by any definition?
Who did you want him to throw the ball to yesterday? The receivers were covered, so he took the sack instead of throwing picks like Manning.
Brady wasn't the problem.

OH GOD FORBID... YOU SAY THAT ON HERE... This was a epic choke, only second to the SB 42 fiasco... and it falls on the feet on Belichick and Brady....
Why do you feel the need to rip them? They lost. Teams lose. Favorites lose. Home teams lose. Division rivals beat other division rivals.
Fiasco, epic choke and throwing blame are just lame ways of you crying because you feel they owe you something.

Re: Brady's legacy

seriously, after the 3rd superbowl, i thought Brady was going to challenge Montana as the best qb of all time. Heck lots of people were saying he was right up there with montana when the patriots were going into sb 42 undefeated and everyone thought they were gonna win it all. Then they lost that game, put up a clunker against Baltimore and now lost to their division rivals who were calling him out all week. If you want to be up there in the GOAT conversation, you got to win games like this. This was a heated rivalry with mutual hate and in the end, Brady got his butt handed to him.

I only got to really see Montana's later years, his final couple years with the niners and then with the chiefs but i've seen the game tapes and the highlights and this guy just came through in the big games. You didn't see fear in Montana when his team was down and he needed to put together a drive. In the championship game against the cowboys, he told his guys on that final drive that they were gonna shove it down the cowboys throats, sure enough he finishes them off with "the catch". Then in the superbowl against the bengals, backed up inside his own 10 in the final minutes, he cracks a joke and smiles and tells his team they were gonna win this game. they did.

I saw Brady's eyes in the fourth quarter and there wasn't that assurance. There wasn't any swagger or anything. It was a look of defeat. I know i'm starting to ramble on but i guess what i'm trying to say is that yes, Brady may go down in the top 5 all time but to even insinuate that he's above or tied with Montana is crazy. Everybody knew the niners were coming back to win, Joe,his teamates, the other team, the fans and he was perfect in all his superbowls.
Montana lost 7 playoff games. Brady has lost 5.
Brady has made it to the SB in 4 of his 8 playoff years, and won 3 of them.
Tom Bradys playoff record is impeccable. To villify him for losses as if someone else never lost is ignorant.
I cant even begin to address how ridiculous commenting on what you saw in Tom Bradys eyes is. You might as well tell us what Miss Clara told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back