PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official POST Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its sad this site has become , if you dont critizize the pats, your ok, but if you do your threads get locked down... its sad... but the truth is the mojo is gone....

Your comment is as ridiculous as any comment made by the people you're criticizing.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why the Patriots lost today, and mojo has very little to do with it.

Re: **The official Patriots vs Jets POST Game thread**

I never felt it was in the bag till the Jets finally took a knee.

Huge win, I think the Jets D was able to communicate better then last game and that the Jets O line was excellent.

Rex Ryan earned a lot of respect from me today and I was already a fan.

Cromartie also impressed me.

That's a great point. Allot of credit needs to go to the Jets offensive line. They played excellent today.....

You guys laughed at me when I compared the 2010 Pats to the Colts. Is anyone laughing now?

This reminded me like a Pats vs Colts game in the early 00s where B and B always got the best of Manning.

The Patriots teams that won were dominate in the trenches. They did not rely on an high octane passing attack like the 2006-10 version does.

Absolutely. The Pats today don't have tough guys like Richard Seymour in his prime or Bobby Hamilton and Ted Washington anymore. I mean, Wilfork's a great player but the thing I remember him the most for is still him getting pancaked by Jeff Saturday during Addai's game-winning TD run in 07.

The Jets dominated both sides of the line today and not surprisingly dominated the Pats as a whole.

while watching Bill B miked on NFLN the other day, i was in awe listening Bill give to Parcells as good as he got.The time has come for people like the old bill in the assistant coaching ranks in New England. the man is stretched too thin.
Bill is the best coach in my lifetime, cant discount what the man has done but the past 3 playoff game plans have been suspect at best. Kudos to the defense, they held on as long as they could. Although there is no other QB i would rather have than Tom.... man.... ok, loss too fresh to go there.

loss was disapointing to say te least but let's be rational.

Wasn' this supposed to be a re-building year anyway?

Let's move forward address the weaknesses and be thankful for the talent we do have going forward.

Things could be worse, we could be Bills fans.

I can still die a happy old man after witnessing the 3 SB victories. Been following the Pats since the old Babe Parelli days and this past decade with Brady and BB has been SUPER !!:singing::singing::singing:.....

That said....Pats were outcoached in all phases of this game....

Brady had all day to find open recievers...and when he didn't, where were his safety valve guys??

Knew it was gonna be a long day when Brady got INT on that first drive as they were moving well...also Crump's drop in EZ and Edward's sideline Tyree helmet catch.....

Pats will be in the thick of it again next season...looking at the schedule, they are a shoo in for the playoffs if they keep key players healthy....BB has to get some key players on D and a couple on O...and PLEASE re-sign Logan...:rocker:

Very well said! One thing I would add is the first two Patriot drives were the big key for the Patriots. The patriots on the first twod rives did exactly what the Patriots have done for two months - start out quick and score big. Unfortunately Crumpler dropped the sure TD and Brady threw an appallingly lame int (a drive which was well on its was to be 7).
The patriots of the last two months are up 14-0 and have already forced the opposition to play their game. The Patriots had the window to make this game like most of the other games -- jump out to a big lead early -- and they themselves blew it. After that the Jets stepped up and played very solid....along with our coaching staff and the players contributing to this loss through bad decisions and bad execution. On to the draft...,..

Is Tom brady defying Bill?

For the first time in my patriot fan experience i saw Bill and tom disagreeing on camera.

Simms said "Brady wants to run the ball but bill is telling him to run pass plays"

wtf was up with that?

Ever since Manning beat him in the 2006 AFCCG, Brady's career has become more and more Manning-esque. Great stats and then either a massive choke (2007) or one and done in the playoffs.

WHY was he holding the ball so long? Dump it off!

Re: Is Tom brady defying Bill?

Practice squad........ :nono:For the love of god!

Practice squad........ :nono:For the love of god!

Freedom of speech, let people say what they want. He didn't insult anyone

Ever since Manning beat him in the 2006 AFCCG, Brady's career has become more and more Manning-esque. Great stats and then either a massive choke (2007) or one and done in the playoffs.

WHY was he holding the ball so long? Dump it off!

To who? Not even the dump offs were open and when they were, they dropped the ball. Our O-line stunk so bad we needed our tightends to block.

As far as I saw, that was O'Brien and BB having that disagreement. BB was yelling at him to throw the ball. We came out after that and threw the ball once, followed by a running play. That wasn't Brady.

As far as I saw, that was O'Brien and BB having that disagreement. BB was yelling at him to throw the ball. We came out after that and threw the ball once, followed by a running play. That wasn't Brady.

Add that to the list of reasons for the loss. That was part of the problem. No one can convince me that we don't need an OC on this team.

Re: Pathetic Loss !!!!

it feels bad to ...lose to ..of all teams the jets...but the thing is ...noone expected the patriots to be here...during a rebuilding year. I am sure everyone feels stunned but we have been spoiled..and this brings us back to reality. Just give the Jets credit .....

For the first time in my patriot fan experience i saw Bill and tom disagreeing on camera.

Simms said "Brady wants to run the ball but bill is telling him to run pass plays"

wtf was up with that?

I could be wrong but I thought Simms was referring to Belichick speaking to BOB.

But I had a similar thought about Brady not following the game plan in the sense that on a lot of plays today Brady was holding onto the ball scrambling around the pocket and trying to force the ball into tight coverage he had people wide open on the shorter routes, it's like he reverted back to Moss-ball.

Last edited:
To who? Not even the dump offs were open and when they were, they dropped the ball. Our O-line stunk so bad we needed our tightends to block.

I saw a lot of dump offs that were open while he was holding the ball forever looking for what I don't know.

He looked like Bledsoe out there!

Does this mean all the new meat will leave now?

To me, they just looked flat. I missed seeing Brady stomp around the sidelines yelling at the players and pumping them up.

And to think that most of the pre-game articles were whether the new kicker Graham had what it took to play like a Patriot and not choke. Man...he showed up, but what happened to the others? (I don't mean all, some guys did well, but it was not a good day...sad day indeed)

For next year, this is just a thought, what if we changed our offensive philosophy back to what it was in 2003 and 2004?

I think with the emergence of BJGE, and if 1 more OL is drafted, the pats can be a more running, control the time of possession offense.

Sure, the pats wouldn't put up 30+ PPG but I think this would help the defense out and stop the offenses woes come playoff time. BJGE can handle 20-25 carries a game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back