PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Saints PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
11-5 last year and we go home
... this year we can go 10-6 and coast into the playoffs ... who wouda thunk it?

Last edited:
Brady simply does not have it vs. good teams anymore. He is def not top 5 anymore. Looks like Moss has either lost it or doesnt care anymore also.

I think listening to Belichick , he sound like he knows they were out matched.. he is more outgoing for a loss in his press confrence...

we got our asses kicked by a better team. Bury it and get ready for Miami, but this team needs to improve tremendously if we want to do anything in the playoffs. We'll need an 08 Cardinals like run with the way our defense looks right now.

Brady simply does not have it vs. good teams anymore. He is def not top 5 anymore. Looks like Moss has either lost it or doesnt care anymore also.

So brady is the entire team? Yes he sucked but so did the oline.The entire team played like ****. NOT JUST BRADY!!!!!!

BB press conference: " WE MADE JUST TOO MANY MISTAKES."

I agree with you , coach.

Congrats to the Saints .

Thankfully i only saw the first half....and i had the sound off. That was a good thing becasue i could watch with out being distracted by the three stooges.

Obviously we don't have a pass rush.

Brady uncomfortable, the saints didn't seem worried about our passing game they seemed to know what to expect.

Conversaly WE didn't seem to know what was coming from the Saint's offense. And if we did we couldn't do anything about it.

This is not a SB team as constructed, it just doesn't have the D-line to put any pressure on the QB.

Last edited:
Brady didn't suck. The o-line sucked. His last pick wasn't bad but we needed to score fast to stand a chance...The O-Line got schooled. Maybe because Light missed some games but Kaczur was a turnstile.

The analyst set is on the field or blue board?

The story of the game has to be the defense. The defense's inability to stop anything was really frustrating. I expected some difficulties stopping the pass, but we got gashed with the run as well. I am waiting for Mayo to make some plays, I don't think he's a poor LB, but he hasn't made nearly enough big plays in his career to justify the hype.

I know Brady will get killed for his performance tonight (and rightly so), but the offensive line was nearly as bad. I am not sure we picked up a blitz all night long and occasionally even allowed pressure when the Saints just rushed 3.

Brady seemed confused to me tonight. It appeared that Brady was too focused on the underneath routes/Welker at times when he had opportunities deep.

Wilhite has got to be able to cover someone, but the safeties can't jump the short stuff and leave him on an island either.

As the title of another thread states, the Pats badly need a pass rusher.

I don't think this team is getting elite coaching/playcalling right now. The one play that really stands out is the 4th and two out route to Moss. This was a huge play in the game and THAT is what we came up with. The CB jumped it (just like in the Colts game) and Randy had no chance. I just can't believe we are this predictable. I never saw the Saints defense confused, but the Pats defense seemed to be in a state of confusion all night long.

I can't believe that two weeks ago 46 of 60 minutes this Patriots team looked like the best team in the NFL. Now? We're 11 games in and don't have a road win and appear very lucky that the Dolphins have lost Ronnie Brown for the season.

At least our "strength of schedule" just increased :rolleyes:

Brady did not play well but the offensive playcalling was ******* abysmal. Maroney played well but he can't hold onto the ball but I love the way he is running. He still dances and is indecisive at times but has been much better.

I can not take having a rookie OC trying to be taught how to playcall in the NFL. We are down 14 points and we are running draw plays on 2nd and 10 at our own 30 yard line. Moss and Welker were basically non-factors. We let a secondary of McKenzie and McAlister both off the street shut us down. I'd seriously look into bringing in Weis or would have BB call the plays. As I said in the other thread, I DO NOT want a rookie OC calling plays for us in the postseason. We really miss McDaniels. Aside from that, Kaczur is an absolute disgrace. His man constanly beat him, the guy is absolute junk. We desperately need to see Vollmer at LT and Light RT.

On defense, holy crap what and anal cleaning we received. We play this passive, read and react, soft, keep everything in front of you defense to protect against the big play, and then we give up a 75 yd td, 38 yd td, and a 20 yd td. Wilhite was chewed on a consistent basis, and the CB's (Butler) are playing 10 yards off the WR on 3rd and 5. I do not know how Pees is still employed but the blame falls on BB as well. This gap control defense does not work against good QB's. It might work against guys like Sanchez and Collins and other garbage QB's but guys like Brees Manning Big Ben etc will pick you apart. We got absolutely no pressure on Brees. Take a page out of Rex Ryan's book. Look at how Brady is thrown off his game when he's pressured and knocked around. Why don't we try to do that to Manning or Brees? Instead we sit back and drop 7 or 8 guys into coverage and let them pass for 300 to 400 yards on us.

THe defense is a disgrace, it can't get off the field on 3rd downs. 3rd and 12 we rush 4, drop 7 and Brees misses an easy throw so we luck out but thta should have been a first down. I have never been so ashamed of a BB coached defense but we are in some serious trouble if we can't get this fixed. Hopefully BB rips into these guys and this embarrassing performance lights a fire under our bottoms.

The Saints can celebrate now, but as we learned in 07, we'd rather be playing our best football in January rather than in Week 12. I think the Saints are peaking too early.

Last edited:
. Looks like Moss has either lost it or doesnt care anymore also.

Moss is playing very good for his age , he is constantly running , all the stuff he does we don't see it ,only when the camera is on him . Tonight , he ran out juice , and he's not 20 years old anymore.

Last edited:
So brady is the entire team? Yes he sucked but so did the oline.The entire team played like ****. NOT JUST BRADY!!!!!!

Stop freaking out.

BB press conference: " WE MADE JUST TOO MANY MISTAKES."

I agree with you , coach.
I agree we made a mistake in 2007 by not continuing the defensive philosophy that got us three SB's. Instead we went with offense, and while we have won a lot of games in the end we ultimatly can't win against very good offesive teams.

Last edited:
Remember when we all thought Derrick Burgess was going to be the Pass rush awnser???

Brady didn't suck. The o-line sucked. His last pick wasn't bad but we needed to score fast to stand a chance...The O-Line got schooled. Maybe because Light missed some games but Kaczur was a turnstile.

Please, he had a bad game. The first INT that killed the momentum was his fault. The three deep passes to the end zone to end the first half were his fault. He had other options on those four plays, but made the wrong choices.

Remember when we all thought Derrick Burgess was going to be the Pass rush awnser???

We think that all the time when new blood comes in ... then Belichick drops them into coverage.

Kudos to the Saints. I am taking this loss a lot better than the Indy loss. That game was ours to lose and we lost it. We had our chances in this game, but it was always out of reach. We got outcoached and outplayed in all three phases of the game. The most scary thing to see was how overmatched our defense was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back