PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats - Raiders Post Game Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This OL just shut down JJ Watt without doubling him the week before. I wouldn't hang our heads on that matchup. I'd be more concerned with the secondary play. They have the worst WRs in the league.

They gave up 174 yards passing, no TDs and an Interception at a big point in the game. Carr (who played well) had a QBR of 55.4, with a 5.1 YPA. Seriously, what more do you want?

the Jets have, arguably, one of the best defenses in the league, by the way, and Carr had 2 TDs and no Int against them week 1 in New Jersey.

winning ugly is awesome

garoppolo could have won that game

They gave up 174 yards passing, no TDs and an Interception at a big point in the game. Carr (who played well) had a QBR of 55.4, with a 5.1 YPA. Seriously, what more do you want?

the Jets have, arguably, one of the best defenses in the league, by the way, and Carr had 2 TDs and no Int against them week 1 in New Jersey.

I was impressed with the array of throws that Carr made. He has potential to be a very good QB.

You forgot to mention we also got hammered by another bad football team. The
Patriots just aren't that good. I have been pleasantly surprised by Hightower in all three games so far, but other than that nobody as consistently done anything on defense. Edelman has done everything he can do, but there is absolutely nobody else (Gronkowski gets excused as he is clearly not 100%).

How exactly did "we also got hammered by another bad football team"?

They like.....won the game....

Seriously...do you post stuff like this because you have some need to look really, really stupid?

Well to echo and to sound like Capt. Obvious, IT IS WHAT IT IS!
Offensive Line....... Starts and Ends There. Brady not gettin time to have a rhytym and finish with TDs settling for FGs will continue if nothin is done to address it. Give Brady time and he looks at others besides Edelman & Gronk. Right now he's runnin for his life and probably has NO confidence that he will be upright on next play. Also we're not 0-3 and we did win vs Raiders and According to "Experts" "Supposed" to win by double digits and I too thought so with my Final Score Prediction, and we could have with TDs instead of FGs but as long as this is not addressed this will be norm. We saw Week 1 vs Phins how bad O Line was and results then next week vs Vikes with Time it was Nite/Day see results the Week 3 right back to Week 1's Offensive Line and we got by and Raiders were not going away.

I'm afraid the Scar factor is central.
Wendell and Connolly were on the New England Patriots roster last season and both were underwhelming.

This is a talent issue. While the safety position is stocked with former high draft picks (1 - 1st, 2 - 2nd, 1 - 3rd), the interior offensive line is stocked with UDFAs (Wendell, Connolly, Devey, Kline) and an offensive tackle playing out of position (Cannon).

McDaniels calling the 2nd to last timeout at 1:06 left in the 1st half. Patriots had 2nd and 6 at the Oakland 13 yard line.

B-O-N-E-H-E-A-D.

There was no need for that and it cost the team 4 points, almost 7.
The HC is responsible for the timeouts in that situation, I don't know who physically called it but if you dislike McDaniels this isn't the example to use.

finally got a chance to watch the game. stray observations:

Hightower got away with a DPI in the endzone (3rd Q, 11:11). Never turned to locate the ball, contacted McFadden before the ball arrived.

Khalil Mack had his way with the line, especially on Solder on a Ridley run (3rd Q, 1:55). Bull rushes Solder at least 5 yards into the backfield it seemed like, forcing Ridley to widen his path/hesitate on the handoff, which in turn forces Brady to have to take some extra steps/travel a farther distance to hand off the ball to Ridley. Play was stopped for a loss, tackle was made by someone else, but Mack was the disruptor on that play. Trent Green noticed how awkward it seemed, but he never bothered to figure out or explain why it turned out so awkward (i.e. it was because Mack blew up the play), instead attributing it to Brady running a rare stretch play, or something. Step your game up, Green.

On the play where Gronk dropped the TD pass that deflected off Woodson (4th Q, 13:55), Hooman does a hilariously lame attempt at a barrel roll block on the left side of the o-line. Not sure what Hooman was thinking there.

On the near pick by Brady (4th Q, 6:34), Solder got beat to the inside by Tuck. Ridley was coming out of the backfield and ran right by Tuck, who had a clear path to Brady at that point. Instead of maybe chipping Tuck, Ridley completely ignored him and just continued on his route. Could/should Ridley have picked up Tuck?

At the end of the game, the PI call on Logan Ryan could have gone either way, imo. Holmes shoved Ryan out of the way, but Ryan arm barred him first. Holmes' was more severe, but they both committed fouls there imo. The call I would have made was both DPI and OPI, offsetting penalties, so replay the down.

The holding call on Gabe Jackson was legit. He prevented Chung from shedding the block. Chung was trying to run away from Jackson, but was stuck to him since he was being grabbed, then Jackson finished it off by pancaking him. Good call.

Speaking of getting pancaked, Ninkovich is lucky to be alive lol. That belly flop by Vince after the pick was epic. Nink was within inches of his life.

I'm starting to wonder about mcdaniels' IQ level.

Charlie Weis has one foot on a banana peel at KU.

He just won a rare game, but overall his teams have been a dumpster fire and a couple of wins should not save his job. Bring Charlie back asap and get rid of this nitwit Mickey D that thinks he has what it takes to compete on the NFL level. Weis did more with half the talent that's on the team right now.

Charlie Weis has one foot on a banana peel at KU.

He just won a rare game, but overall his teams have been a dumpster fire and a couple of wins should not save his job. Bring Charlie back asap and get rid of this nitwit Mickey D that thinks he has what it takes to compete on the NFL level. Weis did more with half the talent that's on the team right now.

I was a Bill O Brien critic at times, but would prefer him to Josh.

How exactly did "we also got hammered by another bad football team"?

They like.....won the game....

Seriously...do you post stuff like this because you have some need to look really, really stupid?

You need to read the original post I was responding to. The poster made the point we have beat two really bad football teams. I made the point we were badly beaten by "another bad football team". Nice effort though.

From Fauria on sports final on Vince int when he caught it and went to the ground with ball underneath him "why didnt the ball come up flat" LOL

Too bad the play came so late in the game, or Big Vince might have run it back all the way for the pick six.

Belichick and the coaches thought that we could upgrade the OL by replacing Mankins and Wendell as OL starters with Cannon (LG) and Devey (RG). Maybe there is someone out there to whom this makes sense.

Belichick and the coaches thought that we could upgrade the OL by replacing Mankins and Wendell as OL starters with Cannon (LG) and Devey (RG). Maybe there is someone out there to whom this makes sense.

I don't think that he actually believed that trading away Mankins was going to make the OL better improve overnight.

But unless you want to believe that he intentionally made that trade to sabotage the team this year, there must be some reason he felt that trade was in the best interest of the team. [I'm not saying it was a true reason.]

I am actually watching the game again and a bunch of things strike me. First the penalties are killing this team. Second, when they can run the ball, they do OK offensively. Third, something is very off on the offense. From the miss to Gronk in the second quarter - which I think was the result of a slow gronk who did not get to his spot or Vereen not realizing the ball was coming on a wheel route. This offense is playing like it it pre-season. Brady is looking bad but I don't actually think it is him. And also, Bolden sucks. BJGE is still out there and he is an improvement over Bolden 100%. Why is he not on this team?

Bolden sucks. BJGE is still out there and he is an improvement over Bolden 100%. Why is he not on this team?

BJGE is still rehabbing a hip injury he suffered with the Bengals in the preseason. Also Boldon is a key ST contributer. I don't think BJGE can match that.

Luuked, thanks for the update on BJGE. I thought that he played ST when he was here as well.

Also, the clock management at the end of the 1st half was terrible. They were 1st a goal with 45 second left to second a goal with 8 seconds left.

And honestly, they did not want to leave time on the clock for the raiders. The raiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes